Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Books of Xavarian - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Books of Xavarian (/showthread.php?tid=8879)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 03-28-2015

Orrian Servais
  • Duskwight
  • Knows my name, unclear if familiar with the Family
  • Looking to have a book bound for his research
  • Aetherical anomalies; others like myself
  • Looked to be a member of the Thaumaturge's Guild by garb
  • Respected curiosity for Knowledge
  • Wishes methods kept secret
  • Serious by tone, smirked on occasion
  • Reminds me of R
  • Goblet ward 4, plot 30

So he agreed. [a single inkblot]

[The following entry is written somewhat in a more messy scrawl, tinier than usual, and almost off to the side of the page more like a note than anything.]

... I've never been faced with such a possibility. That there might be a cure for my.. situation. Yet.. what would it mean for me? That I would have myself entirely under control? That I would no longer need to worry of the pain, of the- [blot] the episodes? The loss of consciouness, the feeling of elsewhere, the [blot] crystals? The paralysis? The exhaustion? What would it cure exactly, and what would be lost? What would be the cost?

I am curious for Knowledge, of course, how can I not be? I want to know.. why. But at what price? Will I [blot] will I give up myself? To have to rely on another yet again... I don't know what I should do. I am curious, but it is dangerous. And he is a duskwight. What if he knew my Family? They never wanted any to know of me, of my... situation. They.. they always claimed they sought to help me, but ne- [blot]

[a few spots]

I don't know what I should do.

I want to Know for the sake of Knowledge, but it.. it is the sort of Knowledge I know will change me. Will Change what I am, somehow, it will bring me new truths, or new lies, and they will be of something so deep I'll need to - [spot]

Or not. Who is to say aside from myself what I allow to affect me so? Will I allow something else to determine my.. my own perception when I do not wish it? I [spot] I have before. But that was because I was powerless. What if I can No, I don't want to cage it. I don't want to restrict it, I want it to agree with me. I want us on the same side, to befriend it, if it would have me. And if not, let us agree to disagree.

But for that.. for that I need to know from where it comes, or came. I wish to learn why. I would like to know.. if I was right. If I am wrong. If I know nothing at all. Or if it's somewhere in between.

So I've come to a decision.

[a few blots]

Should I-[spot]

[a few more blots]

But only one.

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 03-28-2015

[The first half of these notes seems scribbled down quickly, while the second half is more precise.]

Potential Follower
  • Pyehra
    - may have encountered one.
    - "I struck metal, a glow bloomed violet after... I believe they retreated, as I found and heard nothing after. .. I apologize."
    - Near the Bramble Patch
  • Pyehra
    - Miqo'te Keeper
    - Sings and plays the lyre well
    - Seems rather bound to the Twelveswood
    - Speaks at a nice tone
    - Quite kind
    - Seems more inclined to musings than originally thought
    - Sensitive about the Calamity
    - Hunter at times - archer
    - Uncertain ties to Gridania