Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Books of Xavarian - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Books of Xavarian (/showthread.php?tid=8879)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-05-2014

The Books of Xavarian

This elaborate, thick, yet easily transportable tome seems to have only a bit of wear, yet the feel of a book with purpose.  The pages are crisp, as though the book were bound not too long ago, with a hard cover of black leather and protective golden metal that is littered with more gold accents; golden symbols on the cover and spine, gold leaf on the page edges.  The bindings themselves are with a bright red string, though outwardly protected and atop the spine, a small, ovular, deep blue gemstone inset in silver, with two ‘blade-like’ silver adornments on either side surrounding the stone.  This emblem, however, seems only to be a symbol without any real sharpness.  There is no title to the tome, just the strange symbols to signify whatever purpose it has to whomever might make sense of them. In addition, there are rings that appear securely snapped into the tome specifically for travel by belt-side, and a particular loop along the book's spine meant for a particular size of pen to be fitted into.

But upon opening the book’s cover, one will see in neatly scribed letters on the first page:

The Book of Beginnings: Unsorted
Xavarian Mystrife

The page just afterwards is blank, with only a few pages filled thereafter. 
And what’s found on those pages span a number of things; recollections, notes, diagrams, even riddles.  Flipping through, eventually one would reach something more recent…

---

Show Content

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-05-2014

Deserts are strange, wide, unruly things that are far too bright by their suns for anything other than torture.  And they don't seem to know how to stop.  Or just don't want to, really.  Perhaps they enjoy it.  I bet they do.  [ink blot]

Despite my frustration with this odd terrain, though, I cannot help but be amused~  There are those of the surface who would find this 'plight' the most ridiculous thing, I can only imagine.  And compared to many plights, it really is the company of ridicule.  I have said it written it before, and so shall again, that at first, (well, at always) deserts seem to offer such promise and intrigue; questions of what may be buried beneath all the sands blown through time, questions of what was once here to wear new-sand from once-stone.    How much may be found by an eye knowing how to look!  Quite a bit, I would think.  Or so should think.  In fact, have found!  In some respects, anyway.  [ink blot]  Not that I know much of deserts, but I know some of seeking knowledge~

But they are too open, the deserts; too full of storms of sand and dust, not that I expect anything hospitable, but the worst of it, the absolute worst, is the lack of places to hide from the infernal sun, by the gods and the hells.  How terribly bright must a place be? [ink spot]  Very bright, as is apparent.  They warn of heat in the books,  but that beaming light will scald the eyes before the skin, in the sun's hour.  I do not believe the deserts wish any so comforted by darkness to see naught but the sand (which is just as bright as the sky in places, I’ll add!) and the toes of their own boots (or feet... if one has feet) during the light hours on the surface side.  The place conspires to blind me.  How troublesome~   But it all still is so exciting, and my amusement, really, cannot be curbed, not yet.  I have heard murmurs of interesting topics by the occasional traveling scholar stopping in the small, dust-ward settlements, so perhaps I will be able to find what they seek.

[There is a slight shift in the script, it is now somewhat more hurried, at though the following were written at a different time than the above paragraphs.]

And it may be here!  Here I have found something, and it is most exciting.  I have no care to delay my investigation further by off-rambling of formality in script, so the notes shall begin~

Ruins by Ul’dah

·        North of Ul’dah, marked as an Excavation Site on the local map.
  • -   Though there do not seem to be many, if any, excavationists present.
  • -   Which is excellent.  In some ways.
  • -   Perhaps they are on a long break?
·        Located in a large crevasse.
  • -   Stream runs though, fairly shallow.
  • -   A decent number of relatively small, dark creatures are present.
  • -  Winding path down the cliffside enables access.
  • -  Note:Mostly flat on the way down, Vathen could certainly make the trip there and back without problem, even carrying much more beyond myself.
·        Ruins
  •  -  Expansive.
  •  -  Appear to lead below the surface.
  •  -  Toppled in quite a number of places, various directions.
  •  - Though much more has fallen beyond stairs instead of before them.
  •  -  Arches, grand stonework, steps leading up to an underground entrance.
  •  -  Rubble blocking the way (not that it cannot be climbed over~)
·        Creatures
  •  - Spriggans
  •  -  Aggressive if approached too closely, but seem to wish avoiding conflict.
  •  -  Always seen carrying white, crystalline stones, or gems.
  •  -  Rather protective of them.
  •  -  Dark in appearance, like small balls of soot, with two bound.. appendages? In addition to tiny arms, legs, and a face. Tiny yellow eyes, large mouth. (Mostly typical.)
  •  -  The stones may have some Aetherical quality to them.
·        Considerations
  •  -  As much as I would care to continue this search within the ruins themselves, considering the sheer amount of these creatures, and that the stones they hold do not appear to match the surrounding rubble, I may delay for caution.  For now. [ink blot]  Not due to the Spriggans, but what may potentially be here for their presence.  And that I may not be prepared.
  •  -  If their stones/gems have Aetherical potency, and are obtained from within the ruins themselves, there may be some Aetherical inbalance that took place here, and something I should be equipped for prior to proceeding.
  •  -  Which would be quite exciting~
  •  -  I will attempt to obtain a few of these stones from the Spriggans' grasp to study and bring with me.  If Aetherically potent, they may be of use or interest, and I can return with them. 
  •  -  Their study may also give insight as to the state of what’s within the ruins, the area itself, or what may have taken place. Or not.  But perhaps.  Regardless, then I will explore~
·        Plan
  • -  I will remain here for a time and study the Spriggans’ behavior, see if they reveal anything more by their movements or mannerisms.  (Sometimes they seem to find rather interesting little hideaways or caverns…)
  • -  Obtain some of the creatures’ stones for further analysis.
  • -  Vague check of potential Aether abnormality. (Stones and area)
  • -  Investigate the surface ruins, search for more entrances, something missed beyond cursory glance, symbols or writing in the stone, and so forth.
  • -  Note: It’s quite possible that there will be nothing, but never will it be known unless sought for~
  • -  Mark maps for investigation.
  •    -  …Most importantly, prepare to delve deeper soon. Get more food. <- Don’t forget this, you keep forgetting this.

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-08-2014

I wonder what Solivuire would do if I were in a room without windows.  Would she break in through the floorboards?  Would she crawl out from under the bed, or behind the chiffonier?  Would she drop down from skittering like a Yarzon along the ceiling?  I wonder what she is thinking while she watches me with that face while I write~  She never li-[there is a long streak and a few ink spatters on the page.]

[Some ways down the writing starts again, in a slightly less flourished script than above.]

It seems the answer is that she will be 'handling my affairs'.  ...Seven Hells.

I suppose expecting anything other would be foolish, wouldn't it?  This is for the Family after all. [ink blot]

I don't think she knows.  She knows much, but little by means of Aether, so I don't think she noticed.  I'll need to pay closer careful attention.  She is skilled at skirting sounds, so [spot]

Well, at the least end it is her.

[blot] Next needs I take a room, I wonder if they've any without windows~ [a few ink spots, like a pen is being tapped on the page]

So that was a rather exciting night~

Solivuire took little time to inform me of a.. matter.  Perhaps that was why she was so sudden in her appearance all along.  …Though it is wont of her to sneak up in abruptness, however she might manage.  I’ve a feeling the Family sent her instead for her eyes.  [blot] Anyroad~  

It seems my Family has taken interest in a caravan transporting some scrolls and artifacts.  It sounded as though [blot] they , the artifacts, were stolen.  I [spot] do not know if it were from the Family, from one of our allies, from some others unnamed, but they were not in a place of decent trade and negotiation, anyroad, nor, apparently, rightfully in possession by those who held them.  Solivuire made it clear that this was important, but unlikely to be endangering to us beyond its immediacy.  A matter to be kept quiet on all fronts, as though the ones plundering would hardly have the ability for more severe retaliation.  [spot]

I cannot say I wasn't excited~  Well, I was, but also rather alarmed, because mere moments after Solivuire briefed me on the endeavor, she began pushing me onward to seek them out.  And stop them.  I'd not even time to write her directions!  Luckily she left some things about the location she wished me to head to.  At the very least she is aware I'd likely have lost my way [spot].  She also marked my map.

The plan was either for me to ideally handle it myself, or to be [spot] caught.  Solivuire would be waiting for them to arrive in the city, should it not be handled, and would apparently deal with it from there, but she needed an idea of what was being transported, and the numbers of thieves, so that would be my role if captured.  She'd given me a temporary pearl so we might communicate, though apparently it was something to be returned.  [a few spots]

But this was a chance, a chance to prove my usefulness to the Family, to show that I could handle myself and 'affairs', and do so in matters of importance~  Solivuire expected I may not be able to take them on alone, thus.. the role of capture.  But I don't think she knows yet that I've other aptness with Aether~

[a few blots]

Of course, not everything went according to plan. It mostly did!  It mostly went better, by fact~  Mostly.  I -[streak, spot]  Well, I stopped them~  The elements were excited, but the unaspected Aether worked wonderfully; I do not expect they thought their driver and creatures would fall asleep~  Nor the rest of them~ Not that 'the rest of them' was more than two by count.  But even though many felt rather drowsy after the crash and icy containment, the amount they had taken took longer to pack onto Vathen than I'd thought, and though they were not the best at it, (thank the gods, and that Thal was uninterested in my company today) they took to fighting once awake. 

It was quite exciting!  Perhaps it shouldn't have been,  I've definitely some cuts and bruises, and I'm sure Vathen has them too, but there was still a thrill to it~  Though .. the elements were a bit too excited.  A few spells went astray, and [blot]  It seems one of them hit another caravan.  An unrelated one, by the hells, and a Miqo'te riding was knocked off, along with some other objects of their tow.  And then her carbuncle became overly curious.  Though, the caravan sped off without her, fearing its own safety, from what I was told.  While the Miqo'te named Lafiaht decided to watch, or perhaps she even helped?  I am unsure, as I was.. occupied, but she was there when all the offenders had either run, or been frozen to their wagon~  Though I tied them up regardless, when the ice subsided and they were.. out.. or otherwise.  [spot]  I informed Solivuire it had been dealt with, by pearl, and that I'd be returning to the city when- well, Lafiaht spoke up.  I do not think she heard what I was saying to Solivuire, but she did let me know what had happened on her end. [a few blots]

I need a better hold on my Aether, how completely embarrassing.  Apparently Lafiaht was heading to set up a bar with her 'partner'.  She is an Arcanist, and we spoke for some time while.. dealing with the mess I left for her~  Once I had packed Vathen properly, I went back to help her gather what had fallen, and bring it with her into the city.  

[a few spots]

I wonder how she is doing, she was a surprisingly kind one, given the situation.  Though at least it was a rather exciting meeting~  

Solivuire was somewhat impressed, or at least I.. like to think she was.   She may have been.  It is never easy to tell.  And it seems soon enough, I will need to travel towards the Shroud to bring all of these relics back to the Family. But first!  First I will take the chance to look through them~  The artifacts, anyway.  It's unlikely I'd get another chance to see what knowledge they hold or what they might do~  Perhaps I could convince the Family to allow me to keep one.  Or three.  Or nine.  Nine is an excellent number~

[The following short notes seem hastily scribbled down.]

Ellemeare

• Hyur woman
  • Student of Aetherical study
  • Quiet, curious
  • Unsure about why I cover my mouth at times.  (I suppose it is a good question..)
  • She was around Black Brush Station
  • Hunting Syphids for some reason.
  • Had never seen one like myself before (unfamiliar with duskwights beyond 'unkind stories')
  • Meet her again, by request, in the same place at a later time.

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-10-2014

Theory: Blizzard and Wind Direction

• Forethoughts: The elemental ice spell, commonly known as Blizzard, can be utilized any number of ways, though manipulating one's own Aether into a flurry of chilled air and ice shards is what seems most commonly taught.  By this, and in accordance to elemental opposition theories, I speculate that it may be possible to create either a 'nullifying sphere of chilled air' around an object to protect it from an encroaching wind, should the elemental repellent be stronger, or perhaps a redirective Aetherical ice column, should the difference in pressure be stronger.  A drop in temperature should affect the pressure of the surrounding area, thus, potentially, altering the winds.

- Note: It may be thought that Fire spells may work better for this, however, from an Aetherical elemental perspective, Fire may increase the strength of Wind, (and the testing will be done in Thanalan, where it is already plenty hot.)  Perhaps an experiment using Fire will be done in a more chilled climate.  Later.

Experiment

• Try during a dust storm.
  • Create a small 'flurry sphere' by manipulating one's own Aether of Ice.
  • See if the winds appear to change from the outside looking in.
  • Attempt to create the 'flurry sphere' around an object.
  • See how the object is affected.
  • Depending on this, attempt to create a 'flurry sphere' around one's self.
  • Record how one's self is affected.
  • Attempt to increase the size of the sphere, and repeat.
  • Also record how taxing it may be on Aetherical reserves; if needed, ascertain that Umbral Ice is present to mitigate energy loss.

[It appears as though more were to be written, but there is merely a streak and a blot of ink where more words may have begun.]

What an odd woman. [ink blot]  Kind, of course, and much her own, maybe not odd at all for one of the surface, but.. [spot] That she might find ease in nervous times by my presence?  It's-[streak, spot] well, it is flattering~  But very strange, I [another few small spots, like a pen was tapped here]

She is not doing what I am doing, is she?  It didn't seem like it, but I don't know if it is supposed to seem like it... [blot] Or be obvious.  Well, we have only spoken twice.  And from what I understand, it is not meant to be obvious, yet all the more convincing if it is true.  Per[spot] Perhaps it is true?

[another blot]

Which would be exciting, if true!  I would be making progress, somewhere I am doing something right, or as 'right' as it can be to their ends, and [small spot] How exciting~

But even so, it may get me into trouble.  Trouble is fine alone, how else will one find what is otherwise hardly found?  But I still am unsure if I want this trouble, since it sounds likely to be caught.  Especially by how she's tending.  [spot]

I should actually write what is occurring~

I met Ellemeare again, when I was attempting to experiment.  It seems I hadn't missed our other, pre-mentioned meeting, and that she has had other matters to see to.  Which of course, is expected, one having a life to live and all~  Though she'd managed to get herself in a place with leery outcomes by her good, yet unspoken, intentions.  It seems she has a friend, a servant and a Gr Wildwood, whom was separated from his family.  Apparently this caused him duress, and his attempts at reaching them by word or otherwise have been futile.  Ellemeare had apparently taken him in and given him the job of 'servant' until he could push himself to more solid ground, and it sounds as though they grew close thereon after.  But she, unbeknownst to him, attempted to contact his family herself, in hopes that she may get a reply and.. surprise him with it?  Tell him good news?  I am unsure, exactly, but she meant it for his sake.

[blot] By my own thoughts, I find this hardly an intelligent thing to do, contacting another's family without their knowledge; and having never met them one's self!  Especially unwise in such a situation, but, so her feet have settled in this clay.  

Even more unfortunate for her, is the reply she received was one she took as threatening, that they claimed he was not their relative, and if he were, then his actions marked him as bringing them shame.  They also requested that she send him to them.  Which she is vehemently opposing.  Beyond that, they are from Ishgard.  Which.. [blot] Though I seek knowledge in all places, that is a place I know I would rather avoid.  

She asked for my advice about this, about what she should do.  She thought she may teach him of Aetherical studies, to defend himself, and that I felt was wise~  I had offered then (though I'd not all the information yet, which is likely my fault) to assist in the teaching of bringing forth one's own Aether, should he accept such a thing.  I made clear that he be aware that I am a duskwight, should he hold any issue with it; I would rather be dismissed prior to undergoing wildwood scrutiny.

I offered also that she learn more of his family, perhaps by asking him.   ... Though at first, she didn't tell me that he was unaware of this situation, and I only later found out of the family's Ishgardian heritage.  It was then she said that she hadn't told him any of it, didn't want to worry him about it, and [blot] well, I could not see the logic in that.  Yes, perhaps she were attempting to spare his feelings of woe, but such seems to be a folly in this regard.  She is concerned about his well-being and freedom, that he might be attacked, and speculates self-defense an apt solution.  But to not inform him that he is in danger, and by his own family, no less?  How terribly unwise!  He, beyond all others, would know the situation at hand best, their strengths, their weaknesses, their tendencies and the likely hood of what may come to pass.  By the hells, if anyone ever did such a thing to me, I would be furious!  And I said so!  

Though really it is [blot] her and his mess.  I do not think I would have offered any assistance, considering the lack of thought given to this matter, nevermind involvement may completely bring to problem what I have been sent above for.  Though perhaps she saw it, how [spot] illogical it was to hide, and told him.  Regardless, she seemed.. comforted somehow by my advice, and that is when she said what I had started with here.  Which, by the way I gave it, seems quite strange.  ...It seems smiles really do put others at ease. [blot]

I cannot help but be curious to how those stones will tumble, but I also find I am quite content being far to the unknown side of things.  

Ruins by Ul’dah
  • Spriggans
    - Seem interested in Aetherical displays
    - Hold up their stones at varying intervals
    - Do not wish them taken, however
    - Occasionally dart to odd places within the ruins
_____
  • Ruins (Knowledge from Lafiaht)
    - Once city called Sil'dih
    - Competed with Ul'dah to point of war
    - Rivaled in economic prosperity
    - Magic involved in its fall
    - Ul'dah may have covered up the history purposely

• Lafiaht claims it is not related to any Aetherical disturbance
  • "The cruelty of the society is as destructive as any natural disaster.."
    - Did not finish her thought.
    - Said it could be found in a text book.

Lafiaht

• Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon
  • Arcanist or familiar with such studies
  • Interested in more than three things~
  • Only may or might be interested in matters of ruins, Aetherical disturbance, and artifact seeking~
  • Apparently staying about and close to Ul'dah
  • Doesn't bother Spriggans often
  • Twitchy ears
  • May return to the ruins
  • Not a teacher

I wonder if she will return to that place.  Though I am there by occasion, by occasion is not ever-present.  [a few blots]  It would be quite exciting, nonetheless, to see any sort of demonstration of Arcanium.  Is that even the term for it?  Well, it is now until my ignorance be corrected~  

She seems fairly knowledgeable, at least of this region.  [a few more spots]  Perhaps that is what swayed me to consider what illogical potentials I did?  [spot]

When we spoke, Lafiaht found me searching for a Spriggan, and we talked a time about what I previously noted above, the city of Sil'dih.  Despite her knowledge, she was unclear on if she cared for such topics, such as ruins of old, Aetherical disturbances and the like.. but I suppose I cannot blame any for their vaguer with me~  I imagine I am not necessarily the clearest of speech either, though time taken in patience with my uttering is.. appreciated.  

What I mean by 'illogical potentials' is.. why I asked her about that at all.  It was strange, I found that I might.. still wish to help her in some way.  She said she was 'getting by', and when that is said, it often means not very well, could be better, and onward.  Back in the Shroud, so many were merely 'getting by'.  The Family has always been strict on what is there's, and for what price they pay, where they let things go, and to whom they give.  I know that they were doing what is best for the Family, they always do.  And Knowledge is something much more than any mere object.  Though I have never been in such a place, and could always be given good trade for my own services, as meager or exquisite as they were, they were still of use and value to many.  So since this is not associated with the Family, and that she had given me Knowledge... [spot]  Perhaps that is why I wished to.. sputter out whatever it was I did.

Yet, I realized I could not simply ask 'to help', or if there was a way to, because [spot] well, beyond possibly seeming demeaning (which I'd certainly not mean in the least) I might not be willing to at all.  For one, I cannot stand the city itself for longer than I must, there are far too many people, it is too loud, too [spot] nothing I care for.  I go there for a purpose, and a purpose alone, and hope to be out of the din as quickly as I may.  And for another, she works at a bar.  What in the hells would I ever be doing at a bar? [spot] Well, I mean, that is a terrible question, but an Ul'dahn bar?  One of the loudest, crowded places in a loud, crowded city?  Precisely nothing I would enjoy, that's what.  And that's assuming she'd want, or need, or even consider to accept any assistance from someone barely known by more than knocking her out of a wagon in the first place~  I find myself laughing to think about it now, how ridiculous~

The strange part is that I thought it at all, all that considered, which I realized just after I'd started speaking~  By the hells, that happens so often, I must learn not to speak until I've sorted my words.  

So I did not ask that, but instead if she may wish to be notified should I find a place worth delving into.  There are many things I cross during expeditions, especially those that Soli speaks to me of.  [blot]  I realize Lafiaht did not answer this either.  Perhaps it is too strange~  I figure it was rather strange.  Though, it would be exciting, hm~?  To explore a ruin with another of intelligence who is not in the Family.  I don't think I have ever done such a thing~  [blot]  Not including those who came in after us not wishing us to be present.  Nor those we stumbled upon doing strange (though I will admit fascinating) rituals.  Nor the dead.  Nor Vathen.  ... [blot] They do not count in the matter.  This time.

Perhaps I will find someone who may join me sometime~  How intriguing that might be~  If I can, I may let her know anyway, and then she may choose for herself whether it is too strange or not~  And in the meanwhile, I'll just need to make sure to come back to the Sil'dih ruins.

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-12-2014

L'yhta Mahre

• Miqo'te woman
  • Likely Seeker of the Sun by her eyes
  • Appears fond of purples
  • Had an interesting staff, though I did not ask about it.
  • Drinking something or other
  • Seems decently wealthy
  • Grew up on the shore
    - Apparently it is not strange to be excited about the sea
  • Felt taking a running dive off the building-side into the ocean was a good idea
  • Claims to be "Limsa Lominsa's most splendiferous Sorcerer"

• Magery Mentioned
    - "Metamagic"
    - "The study of how to blend all three Disciplines into a coherent whole, a unified theory of magic."
  • Currently
    - Working on enhancing spells of Thaumaturgey with Arcanima Geometries.
    - Apparently can be rather explosive.
  • Claims
    - Long story to current point
    - Importance of practice, field experience, and study of many relics.
  • Willing to show me sometime.
    - Though not in the city
    - That was a shame, really.

• 'Society of mages'
    - research, study
    - field testing of theories
    - sharing of theories
    - "It's a place where we can be ourselves and interact with others who really understand magic, as opposed to just beating heads; our office is in Mist because we're a Free Company of the Maelstrom; it's any mages who're willing to not be Evil and Awful."
    - Note: I wonder what consists of 'Evil and Awful'.
  • Received permission to visit
  • No explosions in the house (maybe)
    - mention of firesand
  • Beach outside house.
    - relatively safe
    - implied experiments are fine there
  • House like 'office'
    - those affiliated not always present
  • Directions
    - Mist
    - 5th ward, 50 yalms North of SouthEast Aetheryte
    - Yellowjackets can assist with directions once there

L'yhta

• Cares not for children.
    - Does not wish to have any.
    - Sounds as though a number of mages in the society have been having them
    - Not everyone
  • Doesn't often collect relics
    - However would wish to more often
  • Does most exploration through Adventurer's Guild
  • "would love to drag (me) into some of (her) adventures and experiments."
  • Would like to meet me at the house sometime.

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-16-2014

Most about that time was rather exciting~  I did not expect [blot] any of it!  I [spot] I mostly recorded the encounter by note prior, so instead, here are some thoughts less expressed~

The sea is incredible.  From what I had read, well, it was as I had read, but the experience itself was far greater than what the words written had held to my mind~  I wish to experiment with it sometime, to see what I may be able to do, if anything, though [blot]  I suppose I would need to learn to swim better, wouldn't I?  It is fairly deep from what I recall, much moreso than what I am used to in regards to bodies of water.  Perhaps I will explore a beach later, though [blot] She was right, I am not dressed for swimming~

[blot]

I am not sure I ever would have been able to do so much before as I can now.  This.. is all so exquisite, such an amazing chance I've found, and [blot] I wonder how it will end up.  Certainly, this could have come sooner.  Will they find out?  Soli may not know the difference, but if I return [spot]

Did they know, I wonder?  [blot]

I don't think they would keep that from me.  What good would it do the Family to keep it from me?  Why not have another who is able to move about, to help with their escapades, even to just transport things, or relay messages.  What would it be to their advantage not letting me know?  Family is most important, is it not?  They would have told me.  [spot]

But I don't know if I can tell them.  Not yet.

But this!  This 'metamagic' possibility opens up so much potential, so much knowledge to be gained, and a way that I can't see them not approving of~  I had always wished to study each and every sort of Aetherical manipulation or creation, as much as I could, but this.  This makes it possible in a way I'd not much considered.  Well, wondered about, certainly, but never known to be expressly possible.  It may give me a number of answers, and of course, lead to more questions~  I am so glad that I was able to meet L'yhta, even if I cannot seem to find her again.

Though I do intend to find her again, or at least that house she spoke of.  [a few small blots, like pen tapping]  I wonder what she meant by 'Evil' mages.  It may seem clear to most who are on the surface, perhaps, but the concepts of what is good and evil vary so clearly, even just between Families!  I cannot help but wonder what consists of evil by their distinction. . . I know some on the surface would be so bold as to claim that all of us are evil, though it seems that is not necessarily the case here at least.  Though, asking is not always the wisest course of action on these matters [spot]

I suppose I will find out one way or another.  She certainly seemed to wish to meet me again sometime, so perhaps it will make itself clear.

I ought to pack up what I had left at the ruins, and bring it somewhat closer.

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-16-2014

Lafiaht and La Noscea: Expedition Possibility

Lafiaht

• Staying at the Quicksand.
  • Send word when prepared.
    -  Options will be reviewed then.

• Likes to brawl.
  • Becomes excited when speaking of fighting.
    - Spoke with a familiar deep Shroud accent.  
    - Though stopped eventually.
  • Had a 'friendly fight' with a Highlander.
  • Looked as though her nose was broken, but did not seem to mind.
    - Note: Tough and of decent spirits about it.  Reminds me a bit of Solivuire, in that regard.
  • Didn't seem entirely certain how the Highlander may have felt.
  • Preferred healing from her partner.
    - Understandable.
  • Used to live in La Noscea
    - Before "this", being Ul'dah, I imagine.
    - Seemed to quite like the place.
  • Mentioned Camp Bronzelake and the Nymian Ruins

Expedition to Nymian Ruins

• Lafiaht offered to potentially go with me to find the place.
  • They float.
  • Lafiaht wishes to obtain coin and a fixed nose first.
  • We planned to potentially travel partway, and use the aethernet for the rest.
    - Cost is about 800 gil from our prior location
    - Pricey, but not undo-able.
  • I will complete my moving, and unpack what Vathen often carries prior to the trip.
  • Likely will ask Solivuire to watch over it if need-be, and will deliver remaining artifacts to the drop-point.
  • Might allow for Lafiaht and myself to travel with Vathen's help.
    - Note: She may not wish to.
    - Claimed this would work if she could not think of something better.
    - Lafiaht is apparently un-used to chocobo travel~
  • Thus, when prepared, send her word at the Quicksand.

Of Other Note

• Don't mention disposition, likely to get robbed.
  • Lafiaht claims not to rob mages.
  • Might show me some of her Arcanima if there is time and space.
  • Possible wolves.
    - Might not want me eaten by wolves.

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-18-2014

I am quite excited about this, about actually being able to travel with Lafiaht to the Ruins of Nym.  We have plans!  Which isn't to say that they may go unheeded, unchanged, or un-completely-annihilated in one way or another, but!  That they are in place, moreso than by vague winding of words into a potential possible future, but by mention of a place to go, a place to leave word, and a word left to meet and set off, that.  That is exciting~

Especially since much else I have done outside of learning has been by chance of finding where I need to go.  Exploring is excellent, but having a destination that I may or may not ever find is.. well, it requires patience.  There is no time to be expected, much lower chance of getting there, and while it will never be something I want to lose, it isn't [blot] so new.  An outing with plans, even if the plans be thrown to Thal, is somehow more solid of a thing.  [spot] Perhaps I am so excited because none would have ever cared to take me with them unless necessary on other engagements.  Never would they offer without pleading either!  I am so grateful, and surprised that she would even care to.  And even should her mind change, that she entertained the notion for more than a mere moment.  It [blot]  It is just really exciting!

I've set up everything to head off, I will be [blot] keeping everything I wish to keep at Limsa, should any rooms be of avail, and [spot]  I will make sure it has windows~  Once the excess is left, I will double back towards the drop-point for all artifacts and otherwise, potentially leaving what is more sensitive and easily carried behind for Soli to find herself.   And once that is done, and all is in order, I will return to Ul'dah and leave word for meeting~

[a few small blots here]

I do hope that this will take place, I will need to refresh my recollection on Nym in the meanwhile~

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-18-2014

• Peered into a bar for a moment
  • An odd.. occurance took place there
    - Didn't appear to be a fight
    - Yet several surfacers were on the ground.. grappling? 
    - Something to do with a boot happened.
    - Boots were exchanged.
    - People were rolling around the floor.
  • Apparently this is not unusual behavior here
    - Or at least, nothing was prevented or interfered with.
    - I wonder if it is some sort of custom?
  • Seemed to be in good spirits afterwards.
  • Another approached
    - then the gathering grew hostile.
    - A Hyur called the approaching Miqo'te a 'stray', to which she took great offense.
    - By appearances they knew each other, though weren't friendly.
    - The Miquo'te eventually left.
    - Afterwards the entire group splintered.

RE: The Books of Xavarian - Dasair - 11-19-2014

Thanalan

• Instance where a (young?) Lalafell was chased into some rocks by a hornet
    - mid day
    - bright and difficult to see clearly
  • Hornets are singular in Thanalan
    - For now.
  • Lalafell was unharmed
  • Mentioned 'Gegenji gear'
    - sounds sturdy by description

Lalafell: Chachanji Gegenji
  • Male
  • Seems young
  • Purple eyes
  • Armor clad
  • Seeks to be 'a hero'
    - wishes to protect those who cannot protect themselves
    - also wishes to help people
    - and swing swords at things.
  • Very excitable
    - makes faces
    - gestures often
    - has somewhat of an accent
  • Loses wits when an aggressor approaches
  • Lack of fighting experience (apparently)
    - seeks training
  • 'Papa' = a crafter of shields and blades (at least)
    - Chachanji can also, apparently, create these.
  • Has a purple pig of sorts called Gran

Hyur: Warren Castille
  • Male
  • Just a bit shorter than I (Highlander, perhaps?)
  • 'Free Paladin', serves Thanalan.
    - Seems rather bound to notions of 'good' and 'goodness'
    - Potentially also bound by laws; note what is said near this one
  • Knowledgeable in ways of martial arms
  • Promotes Shield for protection, and sword coming last.
  • Speaks of the lives of hornets
  • Chocobo Rider
  • Offered to help Chachanji

• Chachanji
    - Spoke of a 'Ms. Artemis' who sounds like she is teaching him.
  • Warren
    - suggested Chachanji go to the gladiator's guild
  • I spoke only of my first name.
  • Chachanji
    - literate
    - knows how to write
    - was told by Ms. Artemis to write down the names of friends
    - Wrote down myself and Warren (in theory)
    - Salutes

• Ms. Artemis
    - 'very smart'
    - likely a Scholar of Grimoire
    - said to have a kitten and a fairy
    - also knowledgeable in magic and swordsmanship
    - told Chachanji to learn about Conjury

• Gogo
    - Chachangi's brother
    - taught Chachanji a little of conjury
    - also apparently quite knowledgeable in magic
    - However, appears to be missing
    - Apparently would love me.
  • Chachanji
    - Wishes me to teach him Conjury
  • Noted that I know little
    - Didn't matter, still wanted to learn
    - I accepted, since I would not wish to stop a search for knowledge

• Conjury Teaching
    - Only to occur if Chachanji promises to find a better teacher later
    - To occur at a later evening.
  • Leave word at the Hourglass
    - Chachanji has a room there for helping about Ul'dah
  • Note: Practice some before contacting.
    - Most interested in protecting and helping others
    - However, elemental prowess important for seeking borrowed power
    - Come up with some lesson plan or list of things to cover at some point.