Hydaelyn Role-Players
So...how exactly do I even - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: So...how exactly do I even (/showthread.php?tid=8838)

Pages: 1 2 3

So...how exactly do I even - SaintEaon - 11-01-2014

Get onto the Balmung server? I've made a character and it auto filled me to Mateus because Balmung is locked out, but is it ever not locked out because I really want to RP but I can't seem to get in.

RE: So...how exactly do I even - Marisa - 11-01-2014

We're still in the post-patch boom, so it's hard right now. Typically Balmung unlocks sometime between 4am-8am, and will stay unlocked for a few hours after.

RE: So...how exactly do I even - SaintEaon - 11-01-2014

So should I remake there tomorrow or might it be possible for me to transfer my character over?

RE: So...how exactly do I even - Faye - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 03:09 AM)SaintEaon Wrote: So should I remake there tomorrow or might it be possible for me to transfer my character over?

You can transfer your character, but there's a fee required. I'd recommend remaking your character instead unless you've leveled very far.

RE: So...how exactly do I even - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-01-2014

I've found Balmung is usually open around 2AM to 6AM PDT. Not generally a fun time to be awake for most.

Well I'm mountain time so that's only like 2:00am for me but still pretty frustrating lol :p

(11-01-2014, 12:21 PM)SaintEaon Wrote: Well I'm mountain time so that's only like 2:00am for me but still pretty frustrating lol :p

Oh, I'm pacific time! ...I usually try around...6am my time, so you might have similar luck. I would recommend saving your character appearance so you can breeze through the character creator in the morning, if you're able to sneak on.

That's probably what I'm going to do, just a lil' bit disappointed because my Gladiator just hit 10 and I really don't want to do all the starting quests again, but I guess it can't really be helped.

RE: So...how exactly do I even - Jana - 11-01-2014

[Image: 2f3296f5e5.jpg]

Set an alarm half an hour earlier so you have time to shake off the sleepies!

(11-01-2014, 02:11 PM)Jana Wrote: [Image: 2f3296f5e5.jpg]

Set an alarm half an hour earlier so you have time to shake off the sleepies!

:p Shouldn't be too hard, Probably gonna just try the other classes considering in a week or so I bring with me another RPer who just doesn't have the internet at the moment :p

RE: So...how exactly do I even - Jana - 11-01-2014

If you're not going to transfer your Lv10 GLD, you could pick a class that starts in Limsa or Gridania to see more of the early level story that changes on your starting area.

Probably just gonna do that. Is there a race that's played too much or too little? I've been bouncing between Hyur and whatever the elves are, but I'd rather not be the same as everyone else if there's a huge number of one or the other

(11-01-2014, 02:50 PM)SaintEaon Wrote: Probably just gonna do that. Is there a race that's played too much or too little? I've been bouncing between Hyur and whatever the elves are, but I'd rather not be the same as everyone else if there's a huge number of one or the other

Biggest population: Miqo'te
Smallest Population: Roegadyn

But as a final fantasy mmo, you've seen the lack of extreme customization, so there will likely be a person that has the same face/hairstyle.

That doesn't bother me so much lol, but when I was on SWG for whatever reason RPers always RP'd bothans, like there was 50 of them and then like 20 Zabraks and that was it. So as long as its not too extreme we're good. lol

RE: So...how exactly do I even - SaintEaon - 11-02-2014

Well in case anyone was curious in 30 minutes Balmung will have officially not opened at all in the last 24 hours T.T