Hydaelyn Role-Players
A new player arrives! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A new player arrives! (/showthread.php?tid=8835)

A new player arrives! - Meoix - 10-31-2014

Hello, I am Meoix. I've been searching for a few years for a good community and game to rp and connect with others in.
Alas, I've had commitment issues in the past, as I didn't quite find a good balance between the two in prior games.
I'm new to this game and it's lore so I apologize if I'm not quite up to par just yet. 
Now then, I apologize in advance for the wall of text, but here it is.

About myself:
I am Meoix 
I am a 24 year old independent developer who aspires to work in game development.
I also very occasionally do some 3d modeling commissions from time to time.
MMORPG wise I started really with Conquer Online years ago, I didn't do any RP at the time.
Later I was invited for SWTOR's beta test and played that for a while, I also tried the Secret World, but I found the story and community a bit lack luster in my opinion.
I'm personally am definitely on the shy side until I get to know people better, afterwards I won't shutup...

I finally got onto Giglamesh, though I have a character on Siren also, though she'll likely fall out of disuse. 

I enjoy a medium/heavy rp playstyle, if I'm in the game, I'm generally try to stay in character at all times. I also enjoy letting the story unfold as it goes, so lets be fun and creative here, that's the point. I'm pretty flexible and enjoy surprises.

About my Character: 
First off, I'm new so they're both low level right now, plus since I have other projects I'm not overly quick with leveling up a character. I apologize.
In all the games I play I have 2 'template' characters that I oft use on any games I play if I can. I created these characters initially in a long story I wrote (and rewrote more than once later) in 1rst year of secondary school. I've also used these characters in a variety of short stories I would write in school or for myself as well.

[Image: JuneLogoG.png]
Junè Barlokov - My main character. (or June as most can't pronounce the accent and many games don't accept the character)

Personality - Witty with a sarcastic demeanor. Often very blunt and honest, try not to take offense, she doesn't intend for it.

I haven't decided her full history for this game yet as I'm still learning the lore.
Typically in her template history, she serves as anything from an undercover agent to an assassin. 

Junè's mother died at a young age, her father was a simple low rank soldier in the local army. She grew up mostly alone due to her father's low wage and the fighting her father oft left for. Because of this she matured very quickly. Not long after she became a teenager, she left in defiance of her father's overzealous protective nature. 
Here her story splits depending on the context of the story.

She was my answer to the 'Gary Sue' I had created as the protagonist (which is my alt for this game).

I've always tried to lean Junè away from the typical guide 'chosen one' path. In most writings she has no special skills or abilities, simply her wit and self earned strength to guide her through a fate she carves herself. 

In the game she is currently a Rogue making use of her nimble body and quick intellect.

[Image: DenoraC.png]
Christopher Denora - My Alt. 

Personality - Very intelligent and also clueless. Subtly is lost on him. Usually pretty outgoing but easily falls into spells of being reserved as he focuses on his next big project.

History again is not quite something I'm able to do currently until I'm more familiar with the lore. Typically his template starts off with him being a young prodigious child earning attention from a merchant or young lord. His skills in crafting toys and small mechanical machinations were sought after, though his parents attempted to make use of the money for themselves he eventually was wealthy enough to live on his own. 
Once on his own he eventually went independent of the lord/merchant to study science and the nature of energy itself.

He's the protagonist in several of my stories, however lately he's on the back burner as honestly, Junè is more interesting.

I've tried reworking him away from his 'gary sue'-ness however he's not quite out yet, regardless he has developed his own history and personality.

Currently he is a Thaumaturge, though I might change his path to a Paladin... I'm not sure...

RE: A new player arrives! - g0ne - 11-01-2014

Welcomies to the RPC!! Bouncy

Well, you said it right about the community part. We're a small, tight knit, friendly family, and we help each other out however we can.

That said, I know nothing about Gilgamesh, in all honesty, other than the fact that I've heard it's not as active RP wise as Balmung. (Cue rain of fiery arrows from Gilgameshians)

Hey, Gilgameshians, get over here and welcome your new RP buddy!

On a side note, that's some pretty cool 3D modeling! And yay! Game development! Best of luck and best wishes for that!! Smile

RE: A new player arrives! - Meoix - 11-01-2014

Thanks for the welcome!

Though for the community bit, I was referring to the communities on the prior MMOs I played. This one seems several times more active at the least.

RE: A new player arrives! - Maril - 11-01-2014

Welcome to the RPC Smile