Hydaelyn Role-Players
Making Gil? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Making Gil? (/showthread.php?tid=8817)

Making Gil? - CalebAgron - 10-30-2014

So I'm hoping to get some insight from some of the more wealthy players here on the best way to make gil. I need it so that I can purchase the medium house in Gridania (plot rather) that I'm after next patch, and I'm assuming I will need the 37k up front since houses don't last but for the first minute in game. I'm currently sitting on 5mil and that was made solely on leveling 5 50's and running my daily roulettes (mainly expert and trial on each toon).

Now here is the situation. I realize that if you want to do the 3-4 star crafting you need to be 50 on every class on one character. And I plan to do that someday >.>. However here is my current situation. Prior to finding out just how anti alt this game is (which is entire BS IMO). I set certain characters to certain jobs as thus.

Toon 1: Blacksmith/Armorsmith (44/44)
Toon 2: Weaver/Culinarian (48/40)
Toon 3: Carpenter/Leatherworker (37/38)
Toon 4: Alchemy/Goldsmith (30/30)

But for now I'm focusing at two on a time (not trying to power level all the classes). I DO have all the gathering classes at 50 with HQ gear (minus the accessories). So I'm able to farm the 1 star items, but those don't SEEM to sell for much. And I can't get the accessories because they require dematieria (but ton expensive on market) Though from what a friend told me I just need to demateria Brass Ring for the lvl 1 stuff to make my gathering accessories.

Also I've been using the Ixal dailys along with the GC daily turn ins to level my crafting. Everyone once in awhile I do the leves (though that seems to get hella expensive when you don't have the mats.)

Anyway, if you were in my situation, where would you go from here >.>. Like I said I know eventually I need to get to 50 on ONE toon. But what would you do with what I got now? Any insight would be lovely.

RE: Making Gil? - KitKat - 10-30-2014

If you do your Ixal dailies, buy Ehcatl Sealant (8 oak knots for 1 sealant). They're selling for about 300k on Balmung right now.

For gathering, don't just look at the level 50 things. Look for things that are used very often. Things like shards, crystals, clusters, food ingredients, metal ores, lumber....those kinds of things are always in demand.

RE: Making Gil? - CalebAgron - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 04:38 AM)TheCurls Wrote: If you do your Ixal dailies, buy Ehcatl Sealant (8 oak knots for 1 sealant). They're selling for about 300k on Balmung right now.

For gathering, don't just look at the level 50 things. Look for things that are used very often. Things like shards, crystals, clusters, food ingredients, metal ores, lumber....those kinds of things are always in demand.
Thanks for the input and just bought 3 sealants hopefully they sell..if they do I know what to farm! The Xelphatol springwater is going for about 150k too so if the sealant doesnt sell ill try that out

RE: Making Gil? - Steel Wolf - 10-30-2014

With the coming of personal airships (and the way things have been priced so far otherwise), I should probably start working on socking away some cash myself.

Thanks for some of the insight. <3

RE: Making Gil? - Kellach Woods - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 04:31 AM)CalebAgron Wrote: But for now I'm focusing at two on a time (not trying to power level all the classes). I DO have all the gathering classes at 50 with HQ gear (minus the accessories). So I'm able to farm the 1 star items, but those don't SEEM to sell for much. And I can't get the accessories because they require dematieria (but ton expensive on market) Though from what a friend told me I just need to demateria Brass Ring for the lvl 1 stuff to make my gathering accessories.
The thing with 1-star gathering is that for the most part they're in some demand, but practically every gatherer rushes towards that, and most crafters will also have grinded to get to 50 gathering. In my case, I tend to either gather until I have just enough or straight up keep reserves when it's something like darksteel/gold (my other gathering classes are at 44/40)

If you've got Fishing and Alchemy to a high enough level, Shark Oil is selling around for 6.5k a pop, and is necessary for several recipes in leves and level 50 entry-level (Militia offhands, for example).

RE: Making Gil? - CalebAgron - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 07:47 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(10-30-2014, 04:31 AM)CalebAgron Wrote: But for now I'm focusing at two on a time (not trying to power level all the classes). I DO have all the gathering classes at 50 with HQ gear (minus the accessories). So I'm able to farm the 1 star items, but those don't SEEM to sell for much. And I can't get the accessories because they require dematieria (but ton expensive on market) Though from what a friend told me I just need to demateria Brass Ring for the lvl 1 stuff to make my gathering accessories.
The thing with 1-star gathering is that for the most part they're in some demand, but practically every gatherer rushes towards that, and most crafters will also have grinded to get to 50 gathering. In my case, I tend to either gather until I have just enough or straight up keep reserves when it's something like darksteel/gold (my other gathering classes are at 44/40)

If you've got Fishing and Alchemy to a high enough level, Shark Oil is selling around for 6.5k a pop, and is necessary for several recipes in leves and level 50 entry-level (Militia offhands, for example).
Thanks for the replies will definitely be looking into the popular items more often. So long as they don't get major undercuts like the sealants have >.> *stabs the person that undercut everyone by 35k*!

RE: Making Gil? - Kellach Woods - 10-31-2014

From what I've seen, Shark Oil isn't often undercutted but you have to ensure HQ crafts, since that's all that's available on Balmung. That being said, that's only one of the numerous items.

Desynth lottery with crafting/gathering items can lead to Fieldcraft Demimateria 1, which sells for up to 10k+ since you need 10 for one piece of iLevel 55 jewelry (and you need 5 Field/Battle just to get these recipes!)