Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! (/showthread.php?tid=8754)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Marisa - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 02:01 AM)Foxling Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 09:03 PM)Ryoko Wrote: So do we just not know what the pvp gear will look like? Because the picture they put in the patch notes had new weapons, but the same 30-40 armor.

That is the new armour. It's basically a recolour of the last set.
If you look at the gear list it's gone from, say, 'Bearsmaw' gear to 'Bearliege' gear.

*Sigh* I guess part of me always knew a day would come when they'd start doing this. I guess I should just be impressed that they held off for so long. It's just made even more disappointing by the fact that, as it appears now, we aren't getting any new dungeon sets. 

But then, I'm wondering if it's because the artists spent all their time on those incredibly sexy poetics sets?

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Faye - 10-25-2014

Quote:The description for the following item has been changed:
Riviera lamppost
Before: "A lamppost of steel such as one might see lining a city street."
After: "A lamppost of steel such as one might see lining a Lominsan street."

Why's no one talking about this? This is a momentous day.

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Azureus Scipio - 10-25-2014

I'm just glad that the 'poetic' armour you get, looks very garleany

*Happy dances*

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Sophia_Grave - 10-25-2014

I've always thought High Allagan (The Monk/Tank/Healer sets, at least) had a very Garlean look to it. Deep reds, gold, and black... I squealed hard when I got the Monk chest, it looks perfect

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Kage - 10-25-2014

I just want high allagan body pieces and the one time mine drops I was at Fanfest. T_T

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Aldotsk - 10-25-2014

I am Rather surprised that no one has mentioned about one part of housing at all. I guess people are satisfied that the wards will have sub division areas now then.

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Kellach Woods - 10-27-2014

eh, the biggest problem I have right now with crafting is that if I'm still levelling (which I won't be in a few days), is it really worth it to meld my Militia off-hand knowing there's an Artisan one later?

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Melodia - 10-27-2014

(10-27-2014, 07:34 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: eh, the biggest problem I have right now with crafting is that if I'm still levelling (which I won't be in a few days), is it really worth it to meld my Militia off-hand knowing there's an Artisan one later?

I'd hazard a guess that you might....I know you need the stats to craft the items needed to get the next higher item. >< I will be experiencing same pain myself.

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Kellach Woods - 10-27-2014

We'll see, I'm only at 2/8 crafts at 50 anyway, with 3/8 as soon as I'm back from work. I'll probably concentrate on maxing out my clothes, since that doesn't seem like it'll change much.

Agreed and in a similar boat. Have 1 at 50, 2 at 41 and one soon to be 40, the rest mid-30s.

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Dogberry - 10-27-2014

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Warren Castille - 10-27-2014

Pleased with the valor gear this patch. The item notes imply we'll be using the Ironworks Tomestone to get the new weapons which explains why they look like Coil equipment; Cid's folks are starting to reverse engineer / replicate the Allagan armor and weapon designs. This is delicious, lore-wise.

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - Inessa Hara - 10-27-2014

(10-24-2014, 09:14 PM)Keyblade Wrote: I won't be able to do final coil.

Can't pass T9 for nothing GDI 13 minutes and HEAVENSFALL MY GAWDDAMN HEAVENSFALL FrustratedDazed
for 2.4, we get echo buff added to second coil so difficulty for T9 and second coil in general should go down.

Im excited to see new armor sets being added. Wonder what I will wear ICly now as soon as we can update our clients tomorrow.

(10-27-2014, 09:34 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Pleased with the valor gear this patch. The item notes imply we'll be using the Ironworks Tomestone to get the new weapons which explains why they look like Coil equipment; Cid's folks are starting to reverse engineer / replicate the Allagan armor and weapon designs. This is delicious, lore-wise.
*Reads over and nods*

Yep! None of this makes sense to me as I still have yet to get my soldiery and what's a coil? Tongue

RE: 2.4 (Prelim) Patch Notes are up! - K'nahli - 10-27-2014

(10-24-2014, 12:33 PM)Sastra Wrote: 4 star crafting.. 

... I just felt all of my gil abandoning me. 

Q.Q

Hahaha, I sort of felt the same but I don't have much money left to begin with and I'm a bit out of the loop. Do you think it'd be okay to attempt without the Dodore belt and the other new accessories that add a bit of CP?