Hydaelyn Role-Players
Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan (/showthread.php?tid=8740)

Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Dogberry - 10-23-2014

What: IC Primal Fight
When: October 26th 3:00 p.m. EDT
Where: Camp Overlook, Outer La Noscea

Are we the hunted? NO! We're the hunters!

Put on your cool jackets and fancy green capes, cadets, because we're going Titan hunting. Meet up at the aetheryte crystal at Camp Overlook, where you will be met by a Maelstrom officer who will guide you on an expedition through U'ghamaro Mines, to the Titan Aetheryte. We've taken down four primals so far. Titan will be our fifth and strongest to date. The Maelstrom, ever so "kind" during our last expedition, has decided to send us a man of their own to help. But is he really here to help, or is there an ulterior motive?

I will not be playing Dogberry for this event. I will be playing the Maelstrom officer.

As always, if you have any character development or plot that you'd like to add to the event, let us know. I will say this will probably be the most meta-plotty of the events so far, and it only ramps up from here as the odd cabal of Stormwind, Rhianna, and Dogberry reach their ultimate goal of a "solution" to the primal problem that plagues Eorzea. Please look forward to it.

Edit: I am a big idiot who forgot to include the date because I posted it on the calendar and copypasta'd.

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Menelwen - 10-25-2014

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

So down for this.

Just need to get Menel out of the pickle she's in now.

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Dogberry - 10-26-2014

Event cancelled due to lack of attendance.

Look, guys, for the last few events that I've run, it's been a struggle getting people to show up, in spite of promises from more than enough people to actually do the fights. What's going on here? Can I get a little bit of feedback?

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Menelwen - 10-26-2014

D'aw. :< I was looking forward to crushing Titan into a pebble, too.

You were in Tam Tara at the time.

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Menelwen - 10-26-2014

I thought the event was in a half hour from now? Oh shit. I looked at the wrong timezone. Eff me.

Sorry Dog. D:

Edit: Time converter. I flipped the two times in my head. Hng.

It's alright. You've been fantastic throughout these events, 'Wen.

I'm just really curious about why I can see a plethora of positive responses, and see so few people that we have to actively recruit at the time of the event or it can't happen. It's disheartening, and quite frankly, discouraging. I started doing this event to add a little bit of variety to the kind of RP events we see. We've got pub crawls, date auctions, and fighting tournaments covered. And if that's all the community wants, that's fine. If IC primal fights aren't something that interests people enough to show up, then I won't bother. Or if Sunday afternoons and evenings aren't a good time, let me know. But I won't waste my time making events for a community that doesn't want to attend.

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Jana - 10-26-2014

I'm totally down for IC primal fights, but this early in the day isn't good for me, even if it is a Sunday. I work part-time on whatever hours I'm given and my home situation doesn't leave me a lot of predictable free time before evenings.

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Aysun - 10-26-2014

(10-26-2014, 05:26 PM)Dogberry Wrote: It's alright. You've been fantastic throughout these events, 'Wen.

I'm just really curious about why I can see a plethora of positive responses, and see so few people that we have to actively recruit at the time of the event or it can't happen. It's disheartening, and quite frankly, discouraging. I started doing this event to add a little bit of variety to the kind of RP events we see. We've got pub crawls, date auctions, and fighting tournaments covered. And if that's all the community wants, that's fine. If IC primal fights aren't something that interests people enough to show up, then I won't bother. Or if Sunday afternoons and evenings aren't a good time, let me know. But I won't waste my time making events for a community that doesn't want to attend.

Unfortunately while both of these events I would LOVE to go to ICly, as Aysun has the Echo and has been itching to do this again, last time when I logged on my IC roles were all filled, and this time I had to work the weekend. Sad

(/comma abuse)

Aysun, I'm sorry that happened. If the event is full and you still want to come, let me know. We can rotate someone out and put you in party and run it again under the premise that just as we were about to leave, the primal attacked again, or something like that.

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Rhianna - 10-26-2014

(10-26-2014, 05:34 PM)Aysun Wrote: Unfortunately while both of these events I would LOVE to go to ICly, as Aysun has the Echo and has been itching to do this again, last time when I logged on my IC roles were all filled, and this time I had to work the weekend. Sad

(/comma abuse)

If you're letting party roles hold you back, don't.

ICly I'm a medic. When we did Garuda, we needed a tank, so I tanked it, but was still, IC, a medic. RP's just a game of pretend. Sometimes we need to stretch it a little further than others.

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Aysun - 10-26-2014

(10-26-2014, 08:32 PM)Rhianna Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 05:34 PM)Aysun Wrote: Unfortunately while both of these events I would LOVE to go to ICly, as Aysun has the Echo and has been itching to do this again, last time when I logged on my IC roles were all filled, and this time I had to work the weekend. Sad

(/comma abuse)

If you're letting party roles hold you back, don't.

ICly I'm a medic. When we did Garuda, we needed a tank, so I tanked it, but was still, IC, a medic. RP's just a game of pretend. Sometimes we need to stretch it a little further than others.

Yea, problem is the two classes I have geared and at 50 are my two IC ones. XDD

Thanks Dogberry, I honestly just kinda was like 'WELP' and didn't think to pursue it more. Next time I will!

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Menelwen - 10-27-2014

Something else to note is that we've had people play NPC's as their current class.

Tom Berry plz no... ;-;

So if you're character is tied up in something else, such as they are enjoying the festivities with their beloved ICly, on a job for their GC, a prisoner for trying to murder someone.. you can make your toon an NPC for the event and join! And if you choose to have that individual be tempered? Well, it's an NPC that the group then has to deal with.

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - Berrod Armstrong - 10-27-2014

HNNGH. I didn't know this was a thing until it was too late. I'll keep my eyes out for the next try!

RE: Syldra's Revenge - Attack on Titan - TheShii - 10-31-2014

man, this looks like it'd of been a fun event too would have enjoyed trying to attend (depends on my work schedule as well) had I seen it. better luck next time! Smile
looking at the time conversion chart thing though, 11am, yow... me being a lazy butt but I'm usually still knocked the heck out sleeping if I don't work mornings :O would still try though Smile