Hydaelyn Role-Players
Farewell, you were a father to me still [[Semi-Closed Special IC invite]] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Farewell, you were a father to me still [[Semi-Closed Special IC invite]] (/showthread.php?tid=8571)

Farewell, you were a father to me still [[Semi-Closed Special IC invite]] - Aldotsk - 10-09-2014

((OOC: For those who seem to be curious about Anelia's secrets, she has invited few of her friends and acquaintances to be there by her side. Feel free to join in after the conversation. Story will connect to the Starlight event terrorism))

Has it been three moons that her foster father has been ill this much? Anelia has been neglecting in seeing Tyraneus for quite some time. He has been trying to tell her many things that she needed to know. About her family, and her past before she was even born. Anelia didn't want to hear it. At least, she felt a lot of pain when she was in Golden Bazaar during the riots created by Highlanders.

Not too long while as soon as Anelia became Sultansworn once more after all those incidents, there were riots created by the Highlander refugees who were rebelling against Brass Blades. Anelia was ordered to investigate the scene and take action should Brass Blades require assistance. At that time, she did not know what was going on. These Ala Mhigan refugees were speaking in some language she didn't understand, and yet they were holding out blades to fight Brass Blades back. Her first instinct was to protect the Blades and she slayed almost all rioting Ala Mhigan refugees that were holding the weapons to nearly kill the Blades. Then there was an old refugee, pointing at Anelia as if he recognized her face has said some strange language she did not understand and died with his last breath.

Why would anyone look at me like that when they were about to die?

She did not understand many things how Ala Mhigans behaved, or how they spoke in their language. The nation was destroyed twenty cycles ago, and chances are that the history is probably vanished into thin air as if Ala Mhigo never existed. However, she decided to seek for a Highlander who has spoken native Ala Mhigan language in front of her. Erik Mynhier, was the only key to translate the old man's last words.

When she visited Erik, she was rather shocked to hear about the statement the old man left her before he died. The translation as it went: 'Tis a shame to see that our own kinds would draw blades against each other. 'Tis a shame that this young one does not realize her true identity and her destiny. 

It took some while to think about her father. Isenard Sadowyn did not have any blonde or brunette hairs. It was all brown. Her mother was not the same. Her hair was white. So if that was the case, then who had blonde hair? Anelia thought about it very hard and realized that the only one who could answer such questions was Tyraneus himself since he was there to witness all of the past she has not witnessed.

Anelia visited Tyraneus's bed and sat on the chair looking at him. The man was pale gray, deeply gazing for breath. He slowly looks at Anelia and gave her the faintest smile. 

"Welcome back, Anelia. It's hard to see you all the time anymore." 

Anelia sighed and she held Tyraneus's hand warmly. She placed her forehead to his hand and shudders. 

"I am sorry. I kept you worried, huh? ...I know  you don't have much time to live, and.... I don't think I can see my parents in the afterlife should I not see you for last time."

Tyraneus laughs lightly then coughs out blood. Anelia grabs a small cloth to help  Tyraneus cough out the blood instead of spewing out across the bed. He groans and looks at Anelia by waving his hand away from her handkerchief. 

"Enough, enough... You came here for the truth. Aren't you? About your family... about who you are..."

Anelia blinked and she remained silent for a bit. She bit her lips lightly and hung her head down, thinking about it. 

"Father, I really don't need to know-"

"You need to know. Otherwise, no one will tell you about your dark secrets that me and your father kept in the shadows until now."

She remained silent, and sighed a bit. She nods and reluctantly listens to the dying man's last wishes.

"You... are not Sadowyn. You are not really full Midlander. Your father was Ala Mhigan.... and your mother, was a Garlean."

Anelia falls back from her chair, and she  was rather shocked to know her mother was a Garlean. She doesn't have third eye. She doesn't have white hair. How is that possible? She thought about it. She didn't want to think about it, or rather - she didn't want to even think or imagine about the fact that the very  empire she wanted to destroy, was  within her blood. Her eyes grow widen in shock, and she did not understand how the Garleans who murdered her parents killed their own kind.

<<cont'd part 2>>

RE: Farewell, you were a father to me still [[Semi-Closed Special IC invite]] - Aldotsk - 10-13-2014

<<Part 2>>

"What do you mean, I am a Garlean....? Father, please do not joke about this. You are well aware that I've been carrying a lot of guilt on killing rebelling Ala Mhigans... and now you are telling me that I also have been killing Garleans too...!?"

Anelia's eyes grew widened while holding Tyraneus and shaking him violently. Her eyes glimmered with tears falling down to her cheeks. The worst news has come down to her. Her enemy, Garlemald Empire was in her blood. Anelia's breath draws heavily with a shudder to her exhale. Her face turns red and swollen, unable to accept that she is part Garlean. She shook her head violently. She looks at Tyraneus with a glare.

"What else are you hiding from me...? How many things must you adults keep hidden from me and my family? It doesn't matter... all of my siblings are dead. They maybe my half siblings, but they are dearly precious to my life and they are no longer here."

Tyraneus remained silent and looked at Anelia with a grimaced face. He shut his eyes and looked at her.

"Anelia... Ravous Nul Nelsicar was your mother's brother. But in the end, you killed him without knowing it. It is not your fault. He probably knew, but you didn't."

Anelia paused for a moment and looked at Tyraneus in a shocked face. The man who murdered her parents and the man she killed for vengeance in Carteneau was her very uncle. She laughs while her tears are falling down with disbelief. She laughs while shaking her head violently and just couldn't accept everything that she's hearing from her foster father.

"I don't know what to do.... How do you want me to live with this? Father, tell me... I really... I really can't live myself to have this kind of truth and burden in my life. What did I do so wrong...?"

Tyraneus remained silent. He clears his throat, and looked at her with guilt. 

"ANSWER ME!"

Anelia screamed at him with rage while she's shaking him, beating his chest lightly. She was trembling with fear and rage.

"You lied to me! All this time! You knew about it when you adopted me and you made me join Sultansworn knowing that I'd go after Ravous! You knew about me going to Carteneau and killing my own kin! Why...? WHY!?"

"Because I felt that it was right for you to have you to avenge your parents. Your parents died without giving you full love until you grew up. Your uncle... no, he is no uncle to you. He probably knew about you and wanted to kill you with his hands. After all, you are his sister's child and a child of the man he has resented for a long time."

Anelia glared at him and didn't say a word to him. She couldn't accept it, but in the end she had to accept it because she was born that way. 

"Listen, Anelia... I am leaving this estate to you. It is yours now. And also... I've reminded R'ucard Nunh to speak with you once I am dead. He is the one of the last two leagues in the knights who is aware of your real father's last wishes. He will take care of you. However.... his son, you must be careful of him."

He paused for a moment and inhaled heavily to try and explain it to her.

"His name... is R'uarch Nunh. You must be careful of him."

"I understand... But...you... are leaving everything to me?"

Tyraneus laughs lightly while coughing out few more bloods. Anelia knew that he is at his last breath soon. She looked down at his hand and she breaks into tears again.

"I had a son, and a wife. ...After my son was kidnapped by hired thugs, he was slaughtered. My wife fell into depression, and hung herself. I was left alone... until I found you. I heard that your last name was Sadowyn and I took you and Aurenn in. Fiore was taken to Gridania so I could not bring her in. Aurenn's sins are in my burdens as a bad father even if I maybe a foster father."

"I... I don't know... what to do.... without you anymore. A lot of people are dying that I care about left and right... I don't know what I want. I am not sure if I want to be a Sultansworn anymore."

She puts her forehead onto Tyraneus's hand and shudders. She holds it tightly, hoping that he would not die. Even though she realizes that it's too late.

"You choose what you want to do.... As a father, I am very proud of what you've become. You may take everyone's burden and sins and show your strong convicted mind... but, in the end you are a girl just like every other girls out there. You are still a child in your heart to care about everyone inside."

Anelia bursts into tears again.

"I .... can see Isenard, Merilian and Gusvalt in the afterlife now.... I'll say hello to them for you... I'll be waiting for you in the future, Anelia... but don't come early though..."

Tyraneus smiled and drew his last breath. He closed his eyes peacefully and dropped his hands away from Anelia. 

"...Farewell.....in the end, you were still a father that I loved...." 

Anelia covers her face on his blanket and cries really loud.

<<Funeral chapter will occur>>

RE: Farewell, you were a father to me still [[Semi-Closed Special IC invite]] - Aldotsk - 10-17-2014

<<Funeral scene - at the Ossuary in Ul'dah - For those who wish to pay Anelia a visit to respect her may see her. - This time period occurred from 8 days from today.>>

It’s only been three days since Tyraneus has passed away. Anelia stood outside of Ossuary in blade dress and black shades looking at the sky. The rain has not stopped. She stared at his urn on the stand and remembered everything he said to her when he first met her.

“Dear girl, your name is Anelia Sadowyn?”

Young Anelia who was an orphan and beaten up by the Brass Blade guards for stealing potatoes was staring up at the noble. She gave the dirtiest look to the man, with a lot of anger and frustration from the fact that she was beaten really badly over a matter of potato to feed her younger brother. At this time, Anelia’s sister Fiore was sent to Gridania.

“What of it?”

She snapped at Tyraneus and he smiled weakly by patting her head. He embraced her and Aurenn with his arms. Anelia was surprised and her eyes grew widened.

“I am Tyraneus. I will be taking you with me from here on.Let’s say that I know your father, and I’ll make sure that you are no longer out on this street.”

Anelia felt warmth by his welcome, despite that he may be a noble. She felt that there may be those people who are rich, may not all be always greedy and evil and that there are some who really do care. The man, who knew her father, finally was able to find these two kids. Anelia sobbed and wailed really loud because she was happy that she no longer has to suffer with her brother from being hungry or sick out in the Pearl Streets.

He taught her everything about being modest and gentle hearted with manners. Bowing to others like a noble, eating like a noble and dance like a noble. In the end, Tyraneus allowed her to become a Sultansworn because she was very stubborn about avenging her parents, and also wishing to become a knight like her father. It wasn’t the same, but it was similar path that she wanted.

She reflects another side of memory, where she once asked him this question.

“Do you really not regret of having a daughter like me?”

The man smiled and pats Anelia’s shoulder and shook his head.

“Never. You maybe not my daughter in blood, but I am proud to have a daughter like you.”

After remembering all of those memories, Anelia lowered her head down in front of the nobles, guards and Sultansworns who were paying a visit for respect. She couldn’t keep crying anymore, at least not in front of people all the time. When she’s a woman and trying to be strong like a man was not easy job, and she felt that she needed to convict herself to take the entire burden even if people may feel that she may be the antagonist.  She also must hide that she is half blood of Garlean that was formerly a praetor that she defeated who was also her own uncle without realizing who he was back in Carteneau. But also she realized that not all secrets are kept hidden forever, and must accept it in the future.

She looked up and noticed two men walking in a cloak to cover themselves from rain. The two seekers, one older and one younger were leaving out of the Ossuary. The elder smiled weakly and gave a light nod.

He must be R’ucard Nunh.

She thought. And the man behind him was younger, but gave a grin to his face but it was not a happy grin. But a nefarious one as if he was attempting to look at her with no pity.

R’uarch Nunh.

The younger seeker that Tyraneus has warned. She lowered her head down and bowed to the two while watching them walk away. She still stood there waiting for more guests to pay her a visit until then.