Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Rich people where we at - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Rich people where we at (/showthread.php?tid=8561)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Rich people where we at - Aaron - 12-16-2014

Aaron focuses in weapons trade lately so on the down low he's pretty well off now when he used to be poor. 

That and he has a ton of materia people pay lots to get from him.

RE: Rich people where we at - Natassia Olorin - 12-20-2014

Natassia is popular Noble, from the well known House of Haillenarte in Ishgard. House of Haillenarte is really well off and respected in Ishgard, they hold many Adviser positions. She just finished her studies, and is hoping in time to get an Advisers position working for the Archbishop in Ishgard. She receives a letter from The Holy See that she is to be Handler of a fellowship of Ishgardian's, to go to the city-states and investigate if the help they ask for is truly needed.

RE: Rich people where we at - Dasair - 12-20-2014

Xavarian is pretty well-off from a pretty well-off family, but part of me wonders if there might be a disparaging difference between the economics of the 'surface world' (aka all of Eorzea as we know it) and 'below' where the Duskwights of caves make their homes.  Considering the vast majority of the latter seem to be portrayed as 'fighting for survival', it might take a lot less to be considered 'well-off'.  But maybe not too!  We don't know quite how their system works.

But basically, Xavarian is considered 'rich' in that perspective; whatever the cave-dwelling duskwights consider to be wealthy, if they have any unified sort of trade.  I imagine he's at least 'well-off' in comparison to above-ground-Eorzeans too, but unless the scale is tipped the opposite way I think it is, I doubt he's at the level of effortlessly able to buy several mansions or anything.  He still certainly will work for pay when he feels he 'needs' to.

Though, unfortunately, one of the first people he got along with smacked him in the chest, and told him not to tell anyone he's well off, or he'll get robbed, so he's been paying special attention to keep it a loosely guarded secret.  (Not that it keeps him from dressing well, or having fancy things; gotta tempt fate a little bit.)

RE: Rich people where we at - Brendt - 12-25-2014

My lalafell Ludutena is a rich prick, openly wealthy and son of an ambitious noble in Ul'dah.  The whole family is obviously Monetarists.  >_>

RE: Rich people where we at - Aduu Avagnar - 12-26-2014

Nako is, as you may remember from his appearance at the fight club. I's mainly all danger pay from his previous work, investment, or a stippend for teaching the children of rich kids how to cast spells.

However, the reason he chooses not to flaunt it is due to his work. If he was a well known sociallite then he couldn't do it XD.

That being said, come 3.0 he is starting a new venture and will be more public about it.

(Cant match it oocly though, teach me your ways!!!)

RE: Rich people where we at - theFez - 02-02-2015

Izzy is Byrglaent's niece (vineyard master in Wineport), and her mother is a Hellsguard with family on the Syndicate in Ul'dah. 

Having grown up around the laid back citizenry that characterizes a lot of rural/tropical Lominsa, she noticed her uncle and mother's classist attitudes seemed unusual. As she got older she started to rebel against them; especially since their expectations of her were in conflict with her desire to play with the common kids, talk to adventurers, and spend time with the local Goblins. 

Even though Izzy isn't purposefully classist, she doesn't think about money much. She's never had to go without it, so she takes it for granted. Even after she has a falling out with her family (which only the family knows about, for image sake), all she has to do is introduce herself wherever she is and she can generally get whatever she needs or wants. She's spoiled but doesn't know it.

Since the falling out she really thinks she's been slumming it, travelling in a cushy caravan instead of a private airship cabin, or in the nicest suite the Quicksand has to offer instead of one of her family's vacation homes.

RE: Rich people where we at - K'nahli - 02-02-2015

Andre came from a noble and wealthy family but since leaving Ul'dah he has voluntarily severed a great deal of his financial benefits as a result so he's not exactly rich now that he's apart from his father.

Alex does well for himself but he's not very materialistic so he tends to continue saving up a respectable amount of money for nothing in particular. You wouldn't say he is rich, but well capable even should a rainy day come along.

RE: Rich people where we at - Bopdoot - 02-03-2015

So many richies.. Do any of y'all need a cute Highlander girl to clean your mansions??  *holding mop and bucket* Yes??? Angel

RE: Rich people where we at - Inessa Hara - 02-03-2015

While Inessa is not rich IC, she often caters to the wealthy and earns a 'ton' of money as a result due to her skill set. For some reason though, it all get's spent as soon as she get's it but nobody besides her knows why.

So Inessa is payed alot IC but never holds onto it for too long.

RE: Rich people where we at - Cato - 02-03-2015

Graeham's fairly wealthy though he disguises that since he isn't in a position where it's wise for him to draw attention to himself. I do plan to have him spend a lot of his free time at Costa del Sol and the Gold Saucer however so that may be a potential networking route for some people to get on board with.