Hydaelyn Role-Players
Memoir of a Scout. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Memoir of a Scout. (/showthread.php?tid=8558)

Memoir of a Scout. - Knight Kat - 10-08-2014

((A summary of Kiht's RP story so far with some of the best screenshots I have taken since starting RP in FF14arr nearly a year ago. I wanted to share them, but also give them some story context. They are not in chronological order.))

[Image: AK9UXiK.png]
My name is Kiht Jakkya. My mother use to call me a “little Fury”, but some of my friends rarely see that side of me. For most, my personality likely seems closer to that of my most admired Goddess, Menphina.

[Image: 6W9L9LQ.png]
[Image: mqgFyUJ.png]
I was born and raised in the Twelveswood. Not many people understand what that means. Some may picture me running through the wilderness in a loincloth while others will think I was raised in the city of Gridania. The truth lies more in between those two things. I was not isolated from civilization or modern crafts, but I lived -in- the forest. Sometimes I slept in a bed at a settlement while other times I slept in a tree. Life was a combination of wilderness survival and civil society. It was a nomadic life.

[Image: 3ziVe89.png]
[Image: cb8RnMF.png]
I once overheard someone refer to the Twelveswood as a place for pacifist “tree-huggers”. But anyone who has actually lived there knows otherwise. I was raised to hunt the things that hunt other things. In many parts of the Twelveswood, it is a predator eat predator environment.

[Image: yPFwVk2.png]
[Image: stHH0U2.png]
[Image: KgegUIG.png]
[Image: IbJ120H.png]
Every corner of the Shroud requires vigilance. Weapons in my hands and allies at my side; I was taught how to survive in a forest world. Even after the Calamity, the Twelveswood is still so vast.

[Image: xAa3vrU.png]
[Image: b7HqbcE.png]
[Image: nke2lKA.png]
[Image: 8wwRweW.png]
[Image: G9yGqyz.png]
[Image: 2AH1mkx.png]
Once I became a scout for my family, I zealously set out into Thanalan to see what else Eorzea had to show me. I did not let the vastly different environment stop me. I saw places, I met people, and I even found that there were other Moon-keepers who had made a life in such a place.

[Image: EJsc1Cs.png]
[Image: WL1Z9ke.png]
[Image: 1NUICgg.png]
However, there was still much to do at home. More life to be had, and more strange people to meet. Some of those strange people would even become friends.

[Image: Gj1P105.png]
[Image: yuvvTg9.png]
[Image: kt1uJdM.png]
[Image: reVlzPT.png]
I even fell into romantic love. My first experiment with the concept. It was deep and dramatic, but it fell apart as quickly as it had began. It taught me many lessons. I learned that the passion of my heart should be guided by the wisdom of my mind. Lyn and I found that we were just two very different people. I could not accept his life-style, and he could not accept living any other way. Our bond was not meant to last.

[Image: QSaYKNi.png]
[Image: 0K2T3qg.png]
[Image: pxOg31c.png]
[Image: 9ZYsnSU.png]
[Image: XpFkWF6.png]
[Image: dS8EnhB.png]
[Image: 2MCTvqd.png]
[Image: 9kArNNr.png]
[Image: wSmFrIX.png]
Next I set out to La Noscea. I found that I hated sea-travel, but the ride on the giant boat was well worth it. The land had more wilderness than I had expected. So many ancient and extraordinary places to scout. The land had a story, and every malm was a different chapter.

RE: Memoir of a Scout. - Knight Kat - 10-08-2014

[Image: k49ZGTZ.png]
[Image: k1WduCT.png]
[Image: 5NZ1dnq.png]
[Image: 3ccMaSh.png]
[Image: ok23HFu.png]
[Image: 22PJqKj.png]
[Image: aLTjE9s.png]
[Image: 6WHq0AU.png]
[Image: 4wg4EhZ.png]
[Image: hVmaRxV.png]
[Image: 8IzFeTX.png]
[Image: pdJyf6Y.png]
[Image: j5dq5J9.png]
However, the Fates would not let me live my life that way for long. When an assassin threat rose from the heart of the frozen North, I found that I could not turn a blind eye. And when the ones being hunted had no one to guide them, I stepped forth with no idea about what the Hells I was doing. Allies were met, and enemies were fought. In the end I think Nymeia was mostly on my side. The threat was ended, but I had lost some of my old innocence.

[Image: G8YxaEZ.png]
[Image: n9V2ohb.png]
[Image: nowzYsp.png]
[Image: pSbMp2d.png]
While some of my old friends I still retain to this sun, it was not long before I made new friends once again. This time, they were a people that shared a common cause with me. Somehow, I became a leader amongst them as well. Mayhaps it is my urge to control things, or Nymeia's will, but I seem fated to leadership. It has not always been easy, and I am not the perfect leader, but I take the role as a great honor. I became Vice Matron in a Free Company called the Morbolvine Clan.

[Image: yUCLmeN.png]
[Image: kY7dr9y.png]
[Image: LEwl9Fv.png]
[Image: gWqfGKQ.png]
We do not always get along. Many of us have little in common outside a sense of kinship. Being a leader in the Morbolvine Clan has been one of the most challenging tasks in my life. But I refuse to relent. They are all my family.

[Image: UXrvE7S.png]
[Image: jemXSMa.png]
[Image: GxcbhhL.png]
[Image: 7oVX46W.png]
[Image: LfiIrzP.png]
[Image: 2drLAPR.png]
[Image: 9a6eQk2.png]
While I had new responsibilities, there were still many tasks and adventures to be had. Our Free Company needs to be supported, and we all strive to rediscover ourselves.

[Image: ejL4gGk.png]
[Image: FehdAxj.png]
[Image: zDT5mlV.png]
[Image: lz4fOn1.png]
[Image: oZNyCfz.png]
[Image: 3Z4ezHI.png]
[Image: siU2AsG.png]
[Image: d9IvsVo.png]
[Image: e7w6fhw.png]
I even fell into romantic love again. This time, this bond is meant to last. Rinh'li started out as someone who I felt an urge to protect, and that made us grow very close.

RE: Memoir of a Scout. - Knight Kat - 10-08-2014

[Image: NwWfc5X.png]
[Image: W69Zsew.png]
[Image: n8bqJ03.png]
[Image: XhX6zTu.png]
[Image: POerWMZ.png]
[Image: HcV8yWv.png]
[Image: lpmCevS.png]
[Image: Wl0c5JI.png]
[Image: eyFmbNf.png]
[Image: 7I8pty0.png]
[Image: jwUaEFH.png]
[Image: 93QQbK4.png]
[Image: kVLhJEo.png]
[Image: iDardDg.png]
I have found that life is a smattering of beauty and hardship. Some get too much of the beauty, or too much of the hardship, but no one has a life without some of both. I do indeed miss those early suns where I had absolute freedom, but helping those I care for requires that I take on responsibilities, so I shall. I will always Keep the Moon.