Hydaelyn Role-Players
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 (/showthread.php?tid=8345)

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - Kage - 09-19-2014

So, I'm really hyped about this! I've loved Type-0 from the very beginning. The music is just <3 The gameplay, while not really my style, was fun~ I played the Japanese demo on my PSP and was quite tempted to get the fanpatch but held on long enough for HD to be announced.

Here's a small nice detail for the English US release!

English (U.S.) Version:

Voices: English / Japanese

Subtitles: English / French / Spanish

JAPANESE VOICES :O! I'm sorry but the first time I played Type-0's demo I was squeeing because of the wonderful ensemble they have. I'm a big fan of most of the VAs of the Class Zero along with Rem and Machina.

It should be noted that while Multiplayer Ad-hoc was used in the PSP version, Multiplayer has been removed from HD console version. They've also added an easier difficulty setting.

Note that the game is for Playstation 4 and XBOX One. Not Vita or PS3 or XBOX 360.

RE: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - TheLastCandle - 09-19-2014

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. It comes at a high price compared to other HD remakes, but it does come with a FFXV demo, so I might be able to justify not waiting a few months longer. Big Grin

RE: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - Kage - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 09:38 AM)TheLastCandle Wrote: Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. It comes at a high price compared to other HD remakes, but it does come with a FFXV demo, so I might be able to justify not waiting a few months longer. Big Grin

I knew I forgot to include that in my notes!

Here's a trailer [youtube]LT-N_MHg6kE[/youtube]

here's some IGn gameplay commentary
[youtube]CdQLlZJCePk[/youtube]

I'm looking for Ace gameplay. He uses a deck of playing cards and can sorta teleport around. I liked his style more than er... the class Zero president's... the rapier girl... what's her name... Queen!

RE: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - TheLastCandle - 09-19-2014

That setting would work so well as SE's answer to the Persona series. Can you imagine a "Final Fantasy Hogwart's" with day to day "school" activities between the missions? I'm so hyped about Persona 5 coming to PS4.

mmm persona 5 on ps3 AND ps4 in 2015.

I think their mobile game Agito might have things like that.

I didn't play enough of the demo to see how it went cause it was all in Japanese and I can't understand it. But I got to really like the gameplay and the controls weren't bad.

RE: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - synaesthetic - 09-19-2014

It's unfortunate to see Square-Enix foundering so badly. Sen no Kiseki was a better version of this game before this game even came close to coming out. SE's shitting the bed so hard that Japanese developers are starting to make Western RPGs (i.e. Dark Souls) and doing better as a result...

And yet the big publishers keep paying attention to this crap. Why can't some enterprising moneybags go infuse XSEED with funding so we can see the rest of the Liberl and all of the Crossbell and Erebonia games?! *grinds teeth*

RE: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - CrookedTarot - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 01:04 PM)synaesthetic Wrote: It's unfortunate to see Square-Enix foundering so badly. Sen no Kiseki was a better version of this game before this game even came close to coming out. SE's shitting the bed so hard that Japanese developers are starting to make Western RPGs (i.e. Dark Souls) and doing better as a result...

And yet the big publishers keep paying attention to this crap. Why can't some enterprising moneybags go infuse XSEED with funding so we can see the rest of the Liberl and all of the Crossbell and Erebonia games?! *grinds teeth*

Big Grin Aw! That is SO unhelpful! Big Grin

Anyway, I should have known that this was coming since they included Final Fantasy Type-0 in the new TheaterRhythm game. Not only several playable characters, including Machina, but also a large playlist of songs and an FMV to boot.

RE: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - Kellach Woods - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 01:11 PM)CrookedTarot Wrote: Anyway, I should have known that this was coming since they included Final Fantasy Type-0 in the new TheaterRhythm game. Not only several playable characters, including Machina, but also a large playlist of songs and an FMV to boot.
They also included FFMQ and I doubt we'll see a HD remake of that anytime soon. They wanted Curtain Call to be the definite version of the series on 3DS, so they threw everything and the kitchen sink in (FFMQ is the kitchen sink even if BENJAMIN WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY THEATHRHYTHM PARTY FOREVER ilu my sarcastic knight in blue. the game might not hold up but I loved the characters).

I'll pick it up if I have a bone by then. I'd go with PS4 but... dangit sony announce something I want and isn't cross-gen already.

The original Theathrythm had the DLC "We have arrived" which is from Type-0.

In fact, Operation Suzaku had everyone purchase the DLC to try and show a messaage that we wanted Type-0...

[youtube]H3x68CiCco4[/youtube]

I bought it just for my iPhone since there was a free app for it.

RE: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD! NA MARCH 17, JPN MARCH 19 - Kage - 12-23-2014

FYI to people who are thinking of getting Type-0 HD later...

only first runs of and the collector's edition of Type-0 HD will get the FFXV demo!