Hydaelyn Role-Players
You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? (/showthread.php?tid=8293)

You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Marisa - 09-15-2014

Granted I'm only like 4 feet tall myself, but I've noticed that with most buildings, you could easily fit 2-3 floors in the space they use for one. This is especially ridiculous in homes inhabited by lalafells. 

I get that it makes camera positioning easier, but it feels like they went a little overboard...

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - TheLastCandle - 09-15-2014

(09-15-2014, 01:04 PM)Ryoko Wrote: Granted I'm only like 4 feet tall myself, but I've noticed that with most buildings, you could easily fit 2-3 floors in the space they use for one. This is especially ridiculous in homes inhabited by lalafells. 

I get that it makes camera positioning easier, but it feels like they went a little overboard...

I've noticed this, too, not just here but in a number of games. I think the most glaring example I've come across is in Neverwinter Nights:

[Image: gfs_51505_2_4.jpg]

Ogres must live here.

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - LiadansWhisper - 09-15-2014

MEMORIES!

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Coatleque - 09-17-2014

I believe this is done intentionally to leave room for the camera to zoom out. Granted it looks weird from a lower angle, but how often does one play like that?

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Verranicus - 09-26-2014

(09-17-2014, 08:35 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I believe this is done intentionally to leave room for the camera to zoom out.  Granted it looks weird from a lower angle, but how often does one play like that?

Basically this, and wouldn't you rather they be too tall than too short?

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Xydane - 09-30-2014

So this tells all of us one single thing...

... wait for it...

... whoever constructed those buildings hates Lala's. *Sagenod*

[Image: wnod.gif]

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Aya - 09-30-2014

Just means I need taller heels ^_^

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Coatleque - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 12:04 PM)Xydane Wrote: ... whoever constructed those buildings hates Lala's. *Sagenod*

Except that Ul'dah was basically built BY Lalas.

MIND=BLOWN
[Image: mind-blown-o.gif]

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Aya - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 12:22 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 12:04 PM)Xydane Wrote: ... whoever constructed those buildings hates Lala's. *Sagenod*

Except that Ul'dah was basically built BY Lalas.

MIND=BLOWN
[Image: mind-blown-o.gif]
To a Lala, Hyur appear 20 feet tall.

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Chika Ito - 09-30-2014

There should be a business where Lalas can hire Elezens to reach things for them, or lift them up *nods*

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Lillini - 10-02-2014

I actually wish we could zoom out even more in buildings than we currently can, but I guess they would have to make skyscraper-tall ceilings for that to happen. Sad

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Edgar - 10-02-2014

(09-30-2014, 12:57 PM)Chika Ito Wrote: There should be a business where Lalas can hire Elezens to reach things for them, or lift them up *nods*

And hire Highlanders to give them rides.

RE: You ever notice how absurdly tall all of the ceilings in this game are? - Parvacake - 10-02-2014

Biggest example I've seen in a game is in EQ2.

Holy. Fuck.

[Image: EQ2_000082.jpg]