Hydaelyn Role-Players
Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) (/showthread.php?tid=8260)

Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Seriphyn - 09-11-2014

Hi all,

Since I was referring to it in the other thread, I present two albums showcasing the military NPCs and their various uniforms for Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa. I will get around to Gridania shortly, but soldiers of the Order of the Twin Adder are proving elusive. I may take a gander at Ishgard, too! I gave each image a little encyclopedic-style description as well.

Enjoy!

Soldiers of Ul'dah
Soldiers of Limsa Lominsa

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Kage - 09-11-2014

I don't quite have the pictures but there's another Sultansworn "uniform" that is much more plate armor or so. In that hall? The one you need an actual portal into.

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Sounsyy - 09-11-2014

This is nice Seriphyn! Thanks!

As far as Maelstrom goes though, this still only applies to 'Cudas in the First Squadron. We'll have to wait and see if they ever show us some Barracudas out of other Squadrons to see if the uniform is... for lack of a better word, uniform throughout.

In the mean time, I can start working on my Captain outfit and see how it works out.
Looks like Lieutenant/Captain's Outfit is Woolen Cavalier's Hat, Woolen Bliaud, and Goatskin Leggings.

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Jana - 09-11-2014

No Flame Corporals... Good to know that there isn't any established canon for me to break with my character, even if adventurers probably wouldn't wear a uniform anyway!

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Melkire - 09-11-2014

Excellent resource, thanks for putting this together! Big Grin

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Seriphyn - 09-11-2014

Flame Corporal wear Flame Private gear Smile I put that in the image's description. Maybe I'll change the name of that one.

Hmm...Kage, are you referring to Cobalt armour?

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Melkire - 09-12-2014

(09-11-2014, 11:56 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Flame Corporal wear Flame Private gear Smile I put that in the image's description. Maybe I'll change the name of that one.

Hmm...Kage, are you referring to Cobalt armour?

Nah, it's more cuirass-gauntlet-and-sabaton looking. It's the Heart of the Sworn area next to the Alchemist Guild. You can only get in there while doing the introductory Ul'dah storyline. When you go in there to talk to Owain and Papashan after facing down the thieves and the voidsent, there are several Sultansworn lined up. One is wearing a cuirass-looking set in some sort of goldish color.

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Aduu Avagnar - 09-12-2014

I'll see if I can see it in any cutscenes later on.

Edit:
found it
[Image: ca0aa76db4.jpg]
[Image: ada7a70406.jpg]

edit 2:
Been looking on the MB and trying stuff on, Cobalt looks to be the closest so far, but it isn't /as/ shiny

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Jana - 09-12-2014

(09-11-2014, 11:56 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Flame Corporal wear Flame Private gear Smile I put that in the image's description. Maybe I'll change the name of that one.

Oh, I see. I still use stuff labeled as "Flame Private" gear for my IC-"Uniform," though it's kind of a mix of different pieces. Might be worth looking into the singular set for Disciples of War.

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Seriphyn - 09-12-2014

(09-12-2014, 12:40 AM)Jana Wrote:

Oh, I see. I still use stuff labeled as "Flame Private" gear for my IC-"Uniform," though it's kind of a mix of different pieces. Might be worth looking into the singular set for Disciples of War.

Yeah that stuff is for leveling rather than roleplay. I subscribe to the idea that if NPCs of respective group don't wear it, then it doesn't have any relevance to that group. Uniforms are only uniforms if they're worn by more than one person, after all!

RE: Soldiers of Eorzea image gallery (Gridania and Ishgard pending) - Jana - 09-12-2014

Part of it is that I try to keep my RP outfit parts All-Class, so I can switch what weapon I'm using IC on the fly without suddenly losing my pants. Concessions have to be made to use a uniform, I guess.