Hydaelyn Role-Players
Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Male Miqo'te Combat Voices (/showthread.php?tid=8171)

Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - Ackermans - 09-03-2014

The voice I have now for my Keeper Miqo'te is really, really annoying during combat, and I was wondering which voice is most similar to the male Hyur Midlander voice #3 during combat

RE: Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-03-2014

Test them all and find out.

RE: Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - Marisa - 09-06-2014

Well the problem OP is probably having is that the voice previews don't give that great of an idea of what some of the sounds will be. For example, my Miqo'te used to have a horrifying laugh that was most certainly not showcased beforehand...

RE: Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - Adventurer - 09-06-2014

I had to Fantasia my Lalafell lass alt due to a similar problem. She might sound great doing the few emotes creation shows you, but going into battle? It sounded like I was repeatedly stepping on a tiny mouse. Sad

For male Miqo'te, the voices seem to get deeper the lower down you go. I can't remember all of them off the top of my head, though! (Posting from work boo)

I'd go with Nat's suggestion as the best solution, though! Have a listen to the Hyur voice 3 then test the Miqo'te voices out in creation until you find a similar match. Smile

RE: Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - K'nahli - 09-06-2014

(09-06-2014, 06:18 AM)Adventurer Wrote: I had to Fantasia my Lalafell lass alt due to a similar problem. She might sound great doing the few emotes creation shows you, but going into battle? It sounded like I was repeatedly stepping on a tiny mouse. :(

For male Miqo'te, the voices seem to get deeper the lower down you go. I can't remember all of them off the top of my head, though! (Posting from work boo)

I'd go with Nat's suggestion as the best solution, though! Have a listen to the Hyur voice 3 then test the Miqo'te voices out in creation until you find a similar match. :)

I think those really, high-pitced, female Lalafel battle cries are really funny actually. I used to enjoy having a lala tank on my team for that reason; it almost made me feel as safe as having a Roegadyn Paladin protecting us.

I guess some people can have a bad experience with only a partial sampling of the voices; I know Clover had. Personally though, my voices were perfect for my two characters throughout so I am glad to not have shared the negative experience. Whenever I am in Fates though, I sometimes hear the most horrible and manly battle cries from young, female characters that are "seemingly" made to appear cute and it's so annoyingly ill-fitting to the point that I nearly want to tell them so, ahah ;   (Obviously I would never...)

I think the same applies to male miqo'te who have very deep, and manly voices when they are made to look young or any male character who simply have really annoying voices in general(regardless of their appearance).

...OH, AND MALE LALAS...... they have a few that drive me up the wall..

*rants*

RE: Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - Clover - 09-06-2014

Ugh, voices... I only like the Japanese ones (1-3). The rest are all really annoying to my ears, even in the creator samples. I wish I could completely mute a certain female voice I've seen around; it sounds like going to a dungeon with Mickey Mouse, and it's louder than anything else (=A=; That one (among some others) really drive me nuts.

In any case, I recommend you to make several characters to try out several voices before you decide for your main chara.

RE: Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - K'nahli - 09-06-2014

(09-06-2014, 07:07 AM)Clover Wrote: Ugh, voices... I only like the Japanese ones (1-3). The rest are all really annoying to my ears, even in the creator samples. I wish I could completely mute a certain female voice I've seen around; it sounds like going to a dungeon with Mickey Mouse, and it's louder than anything else (=A=; That one (among some others) really drive me nuts.

In any case, I recommend you to make several characters to try out several voices before you decide for your main chara.

I've heard you use that comparison before but only now am I thinking that we have have the very same voice in mind, haha  (>w<)

RE: Male Miqo'te Combat Voices - Tiergan - 09-07-2014

I would make a bunch of level 1 alts and run out to the wilds to fight something with each one.