Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ruinfeild Oakshield - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Ruinfeild Oakshield (/showthread.php?tid=8144)

Ruinfeild Oakshield - Ruinfeild - 09-01-2014

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters:Ruinfeild Oakshield

• Primary character:Ruinfeild Oakshield

• Linkshells: 

• Primary RP linkshell:

[*]II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

• Since I first started Rping when I was 12(24 years of age now), I enjoy RP much more than playing the game at times. WoW is the only other game I played where I did RP and I did so across multi characters. My style has been told to be unique(though I don't understand stand how), and I enjoy meeting new people IC and OOC who love to rp.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

• Combat and injuries happen and they are a part of RP. I dislike most/many of the ways combat is done, so I tend to stick with the 'hit for a hit' rule. Granted this has caused me to lose more fights IC than most, I find this the most fair rule and perhaps sometimes(if done right) the most fun. Injuries themselves I focus hard on when my character receives them. I like to show that my character is not some unstoppable giant who can ignore most if not any wound be it in a fight or not. Unless they are serious wounds, I tend to fall back on not handling many of them IC since it doesn't keep a lot of interest for people I RP with.

• Views on IC romance:

• Though this may seem a bit strange, IC romance is perhaps my favorite kind of RP. Not only do to my love for romance in general(Says the man who has been single for 5+ years), but I find it the most difficult to do without repeating yourself. Relationships IC are important and when I do focus on them, I do so in a way that still allows my character to remain who he is, but show more of a softer side. In a sense, I try to be a realistic as possible. This includes ERP, where I accept it as long as it is part of the story(most of the time). There are times when I will do ERP be it if there is an IC romance or not either due to me personally trying to keep my skills up to par(If I am gonna RP, I might as well be able to do both sides well), or because it fits with my character.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

• Non-romantic RP is amazing when the person I find can keep both me and my character interested. Though I have yet to actually do an RP where my character has family, I have seen it done before(WoW and even in Final Fantasy) and I enjoy watching and/or participating in it when given the chance. It allows for character build-up that you won't normally get just by going out and fighting all the time or sitting by yourself meeting strangers.

• Views on lore:

• Depending on the game, I tend to not really care about lore, though there is a limit where even I draw the line. In WoW, I broke the lore just a bit or bent it so I could create a unique character who no one seemed to have a problem with simply because he was not all powerful or destroyed the lore. If done right, anyone could twist the lore to their own end and do the same, but have to be very careful about how their character/s lives, acts, fights, etc. 

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

• Nothing much to say...join what you want and stay with what you like. Great way to meet people(met a lot of good people through Driftwood coast cause of them). Though the chat system could use a little more work(one area being where it just breaks and leaves the chat box while you are typing cause all types of madness). 

[*]III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: UTC-8
  • Contact info:Gilgamesh-Ruinfeild Oakshield
    Or contact me by E-mail: [email protected] if you wanna get something set up RP wise.