Hydaelyn Role-Players
Moonfire Farewell Beach Party & Screenshot Contest - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Moonfire Farewell Beach Party & Screenshot Contest (/showthread.php?tid=8112)

Moonfire Farewell Beach Party & Screenshot Contest - StoriesOfOld - 08-29-2014

[Image: moonfire-farewell_zpsff21fc95.png]

Greetings, my fine and festive fellow Eorzeans. I, Dovan Dracht, friend and constant ally to all who revel in revelry, am pleased to announce a shindig on the shore, a soiree upon the sand, the celebration of the season! On [Eorzean equivalent of Saturday, September 6th, 6PM CST], join everybody who's anybody in Mist, Ward 4, in celebrating both the close of the Moonfire Faire, and the "Rising," which, as I understand it, commemorates six (relatively) quiet years of having not even one additional moon dropped on our collective heads. We are calling it the "Moonfire Farewell and Rising Falling Beach Party and Screenshot Contest." (...well, *I* am calling it that. Others seem to have settled on "Moonfire Farewell" or "that one beach party, you know?" Tch. Pearls before swine.) 

[Image: dovancastrumface-s_zpsacdca6ad.png]
The face of a man you can trust

Picture it now, in your mind's eye: you and your attractive companions, cutting dashing figures in yukata or swimwear, and cutting a rug with the latest bomb-themed dance moves. (Not cutting a *literal* rug, of course - how wasteful!) Splashing in the surf, sunning yourself on the pristine sand. Champagne toasts at sunset, and the opportunity to discover, once and for all, if you do, in fact, like long walks along the beach. Ooh and ahh over the fireworks display in the company of your friends, lovers, and perhaps lovers-to-be, for how can they resist such an evening of scantily-clad whimsy and romance?

My admirable associate Adolar reminds me to remind *you* of the diverting contest we've arranged. We've recently come into a windfall of curious magiteknical wonders - flat, crystalline lenses the size of a student's slate. When activated, such a device reproduces on its surface (the "screen") the image of that at which it was pointed (or "shot," as it almost seems to fire out a blast of light as it captures the image, or "screenshot."). How came we by these marvels? Best not to concern yourself with the details. Consider them "salvaged," "repurposed," or "liberated," if you will. Now, the contest element comes from you (yes, you) utilizing aforementioned device to capture a scene of beauty, amusement, or, my personal favorite, unbridled sexiness, centered around the theme of the Moonfire Faire and/or Rising celebrations. Our supplies, though plentiful, are still limited, so we must ask you to grace us with only one or two of your artistic visions.

For prizes, we've quite the summertime treat. The Black Sails, in the course of their totally legitimate business endeavors, happened across a certain amulet, a talisman, if you will, which seems to constantly radiate the heat of the South Seas island from which it was liberated. (There's that word again - what heroic liberators we all are!) The heat does not harm the flesh, but wearing a flammable shirt in conjunction with the talisman is not recommended by Maelstrom Fire Marshal Groenswyv, shall we say. When worn about the neck, as one typically does with a necklace, it causes strange swirls of ink to cover one's shoulder and upper arm, in a manner both geometric and aesthetically pleasing. It is a fascinating process, and, from what I understand, only mildly excruciating.

[Image: AdoTat-s_zps658700b5.jpg]
Wondrous though this technology is, this image lacks the resolution to show his tears.

The second item is a fine fashion with a tragic tale. It is said that a handsome pirate captain of some renown came to be plagued by a particularly aggressive gigantshark. The shark would ram the sides of his ship, and even tried to leap up on deck with him, so he had to put the creature down. When he hauled the beast out of the sea to gloat in his victory, he saw no shark, but a bikini-clad woman, dying on the captain's own harpoon. She had been a swimmer ensorcelled, who yet loved the captain despite her finned form. As she died in his arms (which so often occurs in these sorts of stories), the captain was said to remark, "She stormed into me life like Leviathan himself, but left as gentle as a sea breeze in summer." Whether you are stirred by this possibly apocryphal offering, or merely by the thought of you or your lover donning this attractive garment, surely you can agree it is a worthwhile prize.

[Image: talin-blowiss2_zps9423de59.jpg]
Miqo'te not included in prize package.

Various refreshing and enlivening beverages will be available for purchase courtesy of The Fourth Wall, Mist Ward 4's only worthwhile (and possibly only) drinking establishment. Remember to buy at least two bottles of champagne - one to drink, one to spray. Three, I suppose, if you intend to, say, launch a ship. If you wish for us to make use of your or your company's generosity in some way for this noteworthy event, please alert me or Adolar regarding your intended contribution, so we may credit you appropriately, and sing praises unto your name. If you wish to utilize this lively party as a platform for one of your tedious pet causes, do take a number  - I believe the bleeding-hearts of Area of Effect have that element covered. They'll be collecting donations for those wounded or displaced in the Calamity. The Eorzean Gambit's contribution of copious amounts of alcohol is, I think, a sort of charitable work in its own way.

[Image: 4thwall_zps92295d90.png]
The Fourth Wall. One wonders how often items therein are broken.

In conclusion, join us for an elegant evening of starlit conversation, and inebriated, nearly-naked adventurers playing with incendiary devices. What could possibly go wrong?

RE: Moonfire Farewell Beach Party & Screenshot Contest - StoriesOfOld - 08-29-2014

Moonfire Farewell and Rising Falling Beach Party and Screenshot Competition - OOC Info!

What: We're having a party, and holding a screenshot contest, as you may have gathered.
Who: This is a server-wide RP event for Gilgamesh. We'd like you to come!
When: Saturday, September 6th, 6 PM CST
Where: Mist, Ward 4, down on the beach
Why: To enjoy all the decorations, fireworks, and other seasonal goodies before they disappear. And because parties are fun!
How: As long and as hard as we're able.

The Party: Let's make sure the Moonfire Faire and Rising go out with a bang. This is your chance to show off your best swimsuit or yukata (or all of them!), set off fireworks, let everyone admire your cute new minions, do the bomb dance with dozens of people, and of course spray each other with champagne. The beach is big, so let's fill it up with tons of awesome RP!

In remembrance of the reason for the Rising, Talin and other AoE folk will be collecting donations for wounded survivors of Carteneau and those displaced by the Calamity. This is not something you need to give actual gil or items towards; just RP giving or not, as you think your character would. If you want to help injured soldiers in our world, consider donating to the Wounded Warrior Project.

The Screenshot Contest: To make the memories of these fun seasonal events last all through the year, why not take some memorable screenshots? Engage in some friendly competition as you try to snap the best Rising, Moonfire Faire, or general summer-themed in-game picture. Entries will be accepted starting now, until a week from now, Friday the 5th. We won't have long to judge the entries, so we ask you to limit yourself to two entries per person. If more than two are entered by the same person, the first two we receive will be the ones we include in the contest. You may apply frames, filters, etc. to your entry if you like, but the main focus of the screenshots should be on the content. Images may include one or more characters, but it is not required. Entering this contest acknowledges that you give permission for us to post your screenshot(s) after the contest has ended, so long as we give you full credit for your image. We're offering the choice of Sea Breeze Summer Halter or South Seas Talisman to the winner, and the remaining item to the runner-up. Winners will be announced during the RP event, but later will be posted online.

How to Enter: Send your screenshots, or a link to them, to me or Adolar.

Enjin: AegisArete   Adolar Stone

RPC: StoriesOfOld   Varryn

In-Game: Send a link to Talin Rhela, Dovan Dracht, or Adolar Stone

If you're not interested in entering, but ARE interested in helping us judge, you can contact us in the same ways.

We'll see you at the beach!

RE: Moonfire Farewell Beach Party & Screenshot Contest - Zoetrooper - 09-03-2014

So friggen excited. Big Grin

RE: Moonfire Farewell Beach Party & Screenshot Contest - StoriesOfOld - 09-03-2014

There's still time to enter the screenshot contest, and no reason not to. Show off your character's sexy and/or badass bod in a swimsuit or yukata. *Everyone*looks good in a yukata. Big Grin

RE: Moonfire Farewell Beach Party & Screenshot Contest - Zoetrooper - 09-05-2014

(09-03-2014, 11:55 AM)StoriesOfOld Wrote: There's still time to enter the screenshot contest, and no reason not to. Show off your character's sexy and/or badass bod in a swimsuit or yukata. *Everyone*looks good in a yukata. Big Grin

I just submitted mine. @.@ I am sorry for the abomination I have created.

RE: Moonfire Farewell Beach Party & Screenshot Contest - Zoetrooper - 09-07-2014

I would like to mention I had a blast and even though I didn't win anything I got to drop an octopus in Desmond's lap. So total win there!