Hydaelyn Role-Players
Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Soliciting Aide [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=8110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Antain - 10-02-2014

Eristan took a moment to recompose himself after Val's biting comment. The nerve! How dare the miqo'te speak to him in such an indignant fashion! His gaze drifted to Faye as she spoke, the smirk returning, before smiling at Jaques.

He glanced back up the stairs to the gathering crowd, S'kyla in particular. He let Jaques finishes his speech before rolling his eyes back to the Duskwight. "Yes, yes, old stories. Tell me, where is that butler of yours? Oh, right, probably contending in the coliseum. And any other guards? No? Hmm, must be the lack of gilflow. You can't get reliable help for free. Just let me pay for the kitten and I'll be on my way. I'll forget this whole place. What was it again? Two million? Petty change if you ask me..."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Kyatai - 10-02-2014

Chiane had remained silent during the back and forth, her brow slightly furrowed.
Where was Remy anyroad?
She slowly moved to the side, her fingers absently flexing in readiness, her eyes locked on the huge guard.
She would say nothing, do nothing to further intensify the situation, but Twelve be damned if she wouldn't put up a fight if he tried to take S'kyla.

She heard a faint rustle behind her, glancing behind to see Lily standing wide-eyed at the door to the kitchen. She gave her a pointed look and a slight gesture toward the Training room. The Hyur blinked, then nodded quickly, disappearing.

"Doon think he hearrd ya," a low, soft voice came from behind her. "Soo, let meh..."

Chi turned to see a young, shaggy headed Duskwright male walking up to the two 'visitors', his head cocked slightly to the side, his soft grey eyes just barely averted. He wore no shirt or shoes, merely a loose pair of cut-off pants, but his well-formed torso and arms were heavily marked with scars.
He moved so silently, so smoothly... as only a well-trained Duskwight warrior could. But such ability in one that was clearly still in his teens?
She watched him as he approached, halted several paces away from the two, then suddenly jerked his head to stare at the guard, before dropping to his knee nearly eye-to-eye with the Lala... albeit a touch more than an arm distance away.
"... Shay's not far sale. None herre are far sale. Ya arre unwonted. Now leave."

His tone had remained quiet, even, but firm without the barest inflection, his body still. "You will not be asked again. This is... your final warning." He paused, then added- somewhat dutifully, but clearly an afterthought. "Serrr."
The boy had an odd rolling accent that she could not quite place, his voice so soft, it was almost as if he were growling. Chi frowned, looking to Jaques curiously. She had not met all of the residents of the Rose... but she had most of them.
Especially the Duskwights...

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 10-02-2014

Val kept close attention on both the noble and his guard, even as the others spoke around him. He took a step forward this time, his hands on either side clutching into fists. "I know y'can't do shit, but maybe that big guy behind ya can." He gave a nod toward the large Roe behind him. "What d'ya say, big guy? Care t'go a couple'f rounds?"

Regardless of how he responded, Val took yet another step toward the nobleman. Unfortunately, the cork that sealed his mouth shut had been popped and he was rather itching for some action after all of this boredom.

"Like th'rest'f 'em say. Ya ain' wanted here an' th'lady ain' f'sale, but I'll make ya a personal deal. How 'bout y'walk yer ignorant ass over here an' lemme pound ya in th'face a few times. Then y'can leave with 'er. That is, if ya survive."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Kyatai - 10-03-2014

The Duskwight glanced behind him at Val's threat, then back to the front as he slowly rose once more, his head angled to the side. His body was slightly tensed, fists loosely gathered, but he made no offensive moves.
Simply waited silently.

----

Chi likewise waiting, watching the four warily. The last thing the Rose needed was to have a bloody battle right in the foyer. She glanced up at the Companions clustered at the top- and S'kyla in particular, whose eyes were wide, hands clasped to her breast and tail wrapped protectively around her waist.
She seemed to look torn and absolutely terrified, her eyes darting from Jaques to the Lala, then back to the others.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Antain - 10-03-2014

The roegadyn reached for his axe when tension mounted. He didn't level it, just held it. But it was clear he was itching to use it.

Eristan tried not to sneer. True, he was outnumbered, but that's what the roegadyn was for. He put on his most obnoxiously charming smile. "Listen, I'm not looking for a fight. Fine, S'kyla's not for sale." He looks up to S'kyla with an outstretched hand. "They say you have free will. Come with me freely and I promise you won't regret your...decision."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 10-03-2014

Blinks as this strange Duskwight enters the scene. He glances to Chiane and notes she seemed just as confused as he felt. He was used the the place occasionally devolving into a madhouse but this was certainly taking the cake. At least this Duskwight seemed to be on their side?

And by the Twelve he wanted to paint the floor with Eristan's face. Or even let Val do so. He throws another glance back to S'kyla. But he knew he couldn't... especially not after Eristan just gave the seeker a direct decision to make and they just had a talk about allowing free choice. He also knew that no matter how much he hated this egotistical toad, S'kyla had been and still was fond of the attention he'd lavished on her. It would entirely destroy everything he was working towards.

S'kyla looked entirely overwhelmed and terrified. Frozen with indecision as her gaze flickered between Jaques and Eristan. She was a woman who still had trouble deciding if it was okay to ask for a second helping at dinner... she was not ready for such an entire world changing one.

Jaques reaches out to rest a hand on Val's shoulder to hopefully pause the man's advance and eyes the Roe, "Wait." He had to at least -try- to contain this.

He looks back up to S'kyla, "You do have a choice. But I can promise you that if you leave with him, that will be the last real choice you get to freely make. He means to make you a slave once again. What happens when he bores of you for the next young and beautiful woman that catches his eye?"

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 10-08-2014

The Seeker started to slip across the landing to the sister staircase to the one everyone else was at while Jaques talked. Life would be so much simpler with Eristan and he had promised her so many things back when he came to select her. He selected -her-. Every time and even above his own wife. And now he was here selecting her again and all she had to do was keep pleasing him in the ways she had always done so. She starts down the opposite staircase as Jaques had now actively given her permission to do so. Mostly.

S'kyla sees Jaques tense as she continues on her way the anger that always seemed to lurk just beneath the surface now much more thinly veiled. She grows somewhat hesitant. He was the master now and he really -didn't- seem to want her to go. She swallows as she sees him start talking again, surely now he'd forbid her to go, showing that she really wasn't as free as he'd been claiming these last several moons.

"... There is a third choice. You could invite him here and as long as he had an invitation from you, he'd be free to come see you. And since he seems so eager to pay... you could even charge him for your services as you once did. All the gil going directly to you. But... even seeing him freely is an option. You don't need to leave with him to see him."

She pauses once again, about halfway down the opposite staircase, her gaze turns towards Eristan as she considers the words. This place had always been home. If she left she had no idea how to return and there were people she cared about still here...

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 10-08-2014

"Dunno what kind'a choice that is," Val interrupted. He nodded toward Eristan as he continued. "Y'say y'want 'er, but ya ain' ever said why. An' that makes me think ya only want 'er 'cause she looks half decent an' y'prolly can't find nothin' else t'put yer dick in f'free. So in front'f everyone 'ere, in front'f 'er, tell us all why y'want 'er. An' don't gimme that shit 'bout savin' 'er an' all that. Tell me why yer /interested/ in 'er. Why she stood out out'f all th'rest'f th'women ya could've had."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 10-08-2014

Faye decided that her best course of action was to shut up and stay put. The scene was growing chaotic enough without her own input added into the equation. And after all, she was a guest, she did not have jurisdiction here to cause a scene or deal with any issues. However, her body was tensed, prepared for... something? It was anyone's guess what the woman might do if things turned violent, but her eyes were acute and alert, rapidly flitting between each person as they spoke in turn. She cleared throat softly as her gaze came to rest at Val at last and she broke her silence to utter her quiet command to him, "It's all right, love, we're only guests here. The situation is under control."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 10-08-2014

Like a trained hound obeying its master, the Seeker obediently stood down. He took a physical step back in order to denote his passivity, though the sneer that he shot in Eristan's direction was easily noticed. Despite stepping down, the Seeker seemed no less alert than he was before. His attention remained not on Eristan, but that large guard from before. Both ears remained lifted high into the air, and the quick pace of his tail swaying back and forth behind him acted as a warning sign of an impending pounce to those that noticed should he be given a reason to do so.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Antain - 10-08-2014

Eristan smiled that smarmy smile as S'kyla started to move toward him. He let out a faint huff as Jaques made her a third choice. One he wasn't entirely disagreeable to, but it made the whore stop to think once again. Godsdammit, whores shouldn't think. And this illusion of free will only frustrated the noble.

Val started yelling at him, his smile morphing to a grown, which turned back to a smirk as the little lady calmed the feral beast. He laughed. "Well, well. Seems we all like our pets." He looked to Faye. "Maybe you and your pet would care to join me at my estate? It's much more interesting than this...corpse of a brothel. A shadow of what it used to be, frankly."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 10-08-2014

Her brows furrow a touch at the further insults, he was being far ruder than she remembered. And the way he seemed so interested in this other noble woman... She finally speaks, "I... would like to stay here. Its... my home. I'll send invitation as Jaques suggested." She turns to start retreating back up the stairs.

Jaques's tone is harsh, "There is your answer Eristan. Since you don't -currently- have an invitation, get out." His eyes turn to the unknown Duskwight, his tone a bit less harsh, "You... have a seat and I'll talk to you once I'm done with the tour."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 10-08-2014

Faye's brow twitched slightly as Eristan dared to call her companion a mutt, but she shook it off, her lips spreading into a disarming smile. "My fiance and I would be most honored, Lord Barristal, but I'm afraid I find this place quite charming and we still have business here. Perhaps we could join you for tea some other time?" there was a dismissive tone in her offer, a date that would likely not be made. She was simply grateful Eristan seemed to be on his way out.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Kyatai - 10-09-2014

He waited, his head angled slightly listening to the interplay and the veiled threats, the catch of breath by the Lalafell... Lord Eristan, they called him... standing several paces before him, the grunts of the Roe guard behind and to the left of his master, the clinks his armor made as he shifted- but did not make a move. He heard the shifts of fabric behind him, but none approached.
He waited, remaining still, his hands loose at his side, but his body slightly tensed, ready to spring into action, should it be required.

Then the female, S'kyla, spoke back and to his left, a slight drifting that told him she had remained on the stairs he'd heard her start down... then the harder voice of the one they called Jaques, ordering Eristan out of the building.
His fingers tightened, ready to force the issue, if needed. He heard the Duskwight's follow up command- but he didn't respond, his focus entirely on the two before him.
Waiting for their decision and response.

-----

Chiane slowly moved closer to the grouping at the foot of the stairs, her eyes on the three in the foyer. Val had stood down, but she could tell the Lady Faye was getting annoyed, and it would only take a glance from her to set Val loose again....
And Twelve help them when he was.
She grimaced, glancing up at Jaques- who was bearing the darkest scowl she'd seen on him in several Moons, his jaw clenching and releasing. It would take precious little more before he, too, would be stalking to the door and physically toss both of the unwanted visitors out on their respectively sparkling and finely-clothed backsides.

She stretched and flexed her fingers, feeling the subtle tingling racing over her skin as she turned back to Lord Eristan and his guard. From where she stood, she could easily disable both, and either one, or both of the young males tensed for action would finish them off.
But the political repercussions for the Rose could be crippling.

"Consider your next response wisely, Ser..." her tone was calm, almost conversational. "I do not think the odds lay in your favor. And the risk for abject humiliation great. But..." she gave him a cool, ironic smile.
"Like the lovely S'kyla there, you too are permitted a choice."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Antain - 10-10-2014

Eristan sneered at Jaques. It was obvious they hated each other, and probably had this conversation many times before. He growled lightly as S'kyla turned with her answer and started to head back toward her room to be alone for a while.

He did his best to put on his smile, but still looked more irritated than anything. "Fine. But Jack, whatever illusion you're putting into their heads is just that. An illusion. Coming here and changing the rules is what's causing you to creep toward debt. You know that. Your whore knows that. You'll change your mind soon enough."

He turned and patted his guard on the shoulder, signaling it was time for them to go.