Hydaelyn Role-Players
Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Soliciting Aide [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=8110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Kyatai - 09-17-2014

Chiane smiled down at the anxious Lalafell. "Yes, that is the tour Jaques mentioned earlier. The Lady Faye and her bodyguard Val- they have only been here a bell or maybe more, I think."
She paused, setting another cesti aside before bending down to study his face.
"And... Hmm.. well..." she murmured, using the edge of her dark robe to wipe a smudge of ink from his nose and cheek, then grinned a bit. "You look fine, Ojune. A bit like you have been working- but I think that is no secret anyroad."
She glanced over at the tomes curiously, those behind her momentarily forgotten. "What are you working on? And..." she arched her eyebrow. "Why are you down here where you are least likely to have peace to concentrate?!"

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 09-28-2014

Ojune follows Chiane's gaze to his tomes, "Ah, well. A thought experiment and competition with some others of the guild." He glances back up to Chiane, "You've heard of the spell of adloquium? Each of us is trying to find a better pattern to draw on more external aether than internal. All without weakening the shielding effect. Whomever accomplishes this to best effect gets taken out for drinks and a bit of bragging rights." He beams up to Chiane, "I don't plan to loose. And that is why I'm down here."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Antain - 09-28-2014

Something Val said returned Vaughn to focus, a slight scowl on his face. It wasn't long ago he thought of just laying down to die. The world outside the brothel was much harder to him and he had difficulty adjusting. Both Jaques and Chiane were witness to that. Still, there was truth to the words. To an extent. He would gladly give his life for Jaques to live, but at the same time fight to survive so the man didn't have to be alone again. And the thought of Jaques dying for him... He didn't dare think it.

He leaned heavily against the tall Duskwight, somewhere between protective and possessive. "I would follow wherever Jaques went, given the choice. Even in death." He said the words easily, clearly, without any hint of hesitation. It was something he said before to Jaques, and he still meant it. "This is where I choose to be. Where I belong."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 09-28-2014

The Seeker kept his gaze on Vaughn as he replied. His eyes focused between the two, a look of discomfort crossing his features. He almost instinctively stepped closer to his lady and slipped his left arm about her. Rather than pull her to his side, however, he seemed to almost tug her slightly in front of him. Exactly which one of the pair was protecting the other, and in this case, what from?

"I'd do th'same," he stated to reiterate what he'd hopefully made clear before. "Th'lady goes, I go. An' she knows th'truth'f it. Like you lot, I ain' ever found many places what want me t'be there or make me feel like I belong. Her side just happens t'be one'f 'em."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 09-29-2014

Jaques gives Vaughn's shoulder a light squeeze as he feels the other man lean even closer against him. Somehow the conversation drifted back away from their charges and into a more personal note. And he tries to not let the discomfort show and shifts slightly.

He turns his attention back to Faye, "So this is it. Our training area for both body and mind. Perhaps they might enjoy learning how to create some of the outfits and things they wear. Expand their world to other forms of work than what they're used to." motions to the worktables and tools spread about. "If you're ready, I'll show you the private quarters they have."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 09-29-2014

Faye allowed her gaze to wander between Jaques and Vaughn, and then to Val, a serene smile resting upon her lips. She cleared her throat silently, squaring her shoulders and returning her attention to Jaques as he spoke up, back to business lest the mood grow too mushy. She seemed perhaps a bit uncomfortable before she perked up at something the Duskwight said. "Ah, yes. I dabble in some tailory myself. Learning to use the thread and needle is a useful skill, even for fighters to mend their armor." Her vision swept over the crafting work space before she nodded her silent approval to continue the tour and lead on to the private chambers.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 09-30-2014

He leads the way back up the stairs they came down and to the large curving staircases they noticed when they entered. Pausing near the kitchen as the others filed up and Vaughn excused himself to finish his dinner preparations.

At the staircase, one of the miqo'te women they may have noticed from the class was proceeding them up the steps. The woman was clothed... mostly. Her long and flowing silk skirt embroidered with a fine ivy pattern around it's hem was belted high up on her waist above her tail. But rather than the usual small opening for her tail the skirt had a long split down the back center. Especially now that she was traveling up the staircase the skirt gaped and revealed the woman wasn't wearing anything beneath the silk.

"S'kyla!" Jaques called her name in surprise as he noticed this, a kneejerk reaction. He froze, should he have called attention to this presently? Perhaps his guests hadn't noticed... yet how could they -not-? Too late to pretend -he- hadn't noticed -now- wasn't it? He fights the urge to look over his shoulder.

S'kyla whirls, a couple stairs short of the top landing at once startled and fearful. She reverts to her comfortable slave demeanor, giving a bow and standing still with her head bowed, not looking any in the eye. "Yes Mast--" a small strangled noise as she corrects, "Ser Jaques?"

"There is a rule of being modest outside of a private room... are you modest?"

The keeper's brows furrow a moment in thought as she gazes down to herself. Everything in the front was adequately covered. Her halter was small but she'd worn it before without comment. Hesitantly she answers, "Y-Yes, ser."

"Yet.. your skirt gapes open in the back and shows an area that you're to keep covered to be modest. You'll need underwear under that one. Okay?"

Her hand strays behind her to feel the slit up the back of her fine skirt and it seems to 'click' that she had erred. "I--ah... Yes Master Jaques." she bows low, "I'm sorry."

"It's all right... just keep it in mind for next time you wear such things, hm?" He attempts to keep his tone calm and face neutral despite the spike in blood pressure that particular title always caused.

Being able to read a 'masters' mood was a survival skill and so she on some level picked up the slight tightening of his grip on the railing, the subtle shift of posture and stillness. "Yes ser. I'm sorry." Keeping her head bowed she retreats the last few steps to turn down the hallway.

As she retreats there is a slight hesitation before he turns to face whoever was behind him, "I'm... sorry for any discomfort." Gives a bow of apology. "I think I mentioned that many had never left these walls? We're still working on some of the finer points of societies rules..."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Kyatai - 10-01-2014

Chiane nodded at Ojune with a smile. "I should like to hear more of this, if you do not mind? It sounds fascinating..."
She moved as if to continue, but stopped at the slightly restless shifting and Jaques' offer to show the visitors the private quarters. She looked up and back at the group, then returned to the Lalafell.
"Ah... seems they are ready to quit this place. Will you join us, Ojune? Or shall you remain and work out your conundrum in peace?"
She glanced back to see the parting swish of Faye's skirt disappear up the stairs. "But... I must go. I am sorry... we will speak later?"
She gave him a quick smile, then hurried to catch up with the others, trusting Ojune to follow, if he wished.

"S'kyla!"
She heard Jaques's sharp, surprised voice echo through the kitchen as she reached the top of the stairs. She winced, hurrying to see what was amiss now. The Miqo'te was young, astonishingly beautiful... and completely oblivous of many things.
She also remained quite the favorite of a certain 'former customer' that was notorious for sending her gifts and flowers- and rather graphic erotic poetry- despite the fact she was no longer 'for sale.'
Based on her general state of ... barely dressed... and clearly hurried attempts to hide upstairs... Chi suspected the wooing had gone from mere trinkets and words to more... physical manifestations of ardor.

She grimaced, her eyes darting to the others as Jaques turned and apologized, his back straight and his face tightly controlled to hide his embarrassment and annoyance.
Timing... it was always all about timing....
It was, of course, S'kyla's choice whether she wished to entertain the admirer or not. Teaching the Companions about Free Choice was an important aspect of the Rose, but... well such an example such as that really did nothing to impress upon the guests the direction Jaques and Vaughn wished to take with the Sanctuary.

She sought to catch Jaques eye, giving him a sympathetic smile.
"Free choice is also an important element we teach here. No one here is for sale, none forced to perform in ways they do not wish to- but unfortunately, many in Ul'dah still view them as items of desire, that can be bought... and they, likewise, find the only way to relate to others is intimately."
She gestured slightly. "Some,... struggle a great deal with this. Believing their beauty and talent lies completely in their ability to pleasure others. That they have no other purpose in life." She paused. "And... they truly -enjoy- the finery often given them by those that favor them. It is hard to teach them there is another way to live and make gil, when it is, in many ways more difficult and less... attractive overall."
She sighs, shrugging slightly with a faint smile.
"So... we are working on self-value and self-esteem as well as free choice and.... the concept of modesty in general, as you can see..."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Antain - 10-01-2014

"So you see, my dear S'kyla, you are free to join in my company. Your Masters said so themselves." The strange, deep voice came from behind them. The one who spoke was a tall, slightly round hyur. His black hair was slicked back, brown eyes piercing in their gaze. He wore the attire befitting of a noble of Ul'dah. Purple, red, and gold satin adorned with emeralds, sapphires, and diamonds. He smiled a charming yet devious smile, one that nearly all nobles wore.

Beside him was a roegadyn, clad in the heaviest of armors with a large axe at his back. He was obviously being paid very well to stand by this noble's side, as the heavy armor was also adorned with a decorative gold plating in some of the raised bits. The armor itself was well taken care of, and the axe had a fine edge. Slight scratches and scuffs showed the armor and weapon were used, and not just for show. He was more than just used as an intimidating force.

The hyur looked to Jaques and Chiane before settling his gaze upon Val and Faye. "Ah! My, my, where are my manners?" He bowed with a flourish. "I am Eristan Nicholis Barristal VI, Lord and owner of Barr Industries in Vesper Bay." He rises with his haughty smirk. "Does this mean the illustrious Duskwight is finally reopening this House? I do so miss it. The company that so freely gave themselves to me finally able to act upon it once again?"

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 10-01-2014

Val had followed closely behind the group as they made his way back. He'd certainly caught the sight of S'kyla and her state of clothing, or rather the lack of what she wore beneath. Unfortunately for the Seeker, he couldn't help but to stare for the time he had. After all, it was was simply how he was wired. When the lady departed, only then did he realize that he'd actually looked and glanced aside to see if Faye noticed. He gave a small shrug and stated aloud: "Eh. I've seen better."

The sudden addition of yet another voice caused Val to whirl about and face the noble and his rather large guard. He took one look at the armor, trying his best to denote any scrapes or tears or wearings in it before he took another defensive step toward his lady and squared his shoulders. He didn't much like the idea of an armored, fully equipped individual nearby, especially when he lacked anything to defend himself with. 

Just like that, the Seeker was in business mode once again. He kept his attention on the guard despite Eristan speaking to the two of them, though the way the man spoke forced a roll of Val's eyes and caused him to let out a small sigh. Great; he was about to be bored again.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 10-02-2014

Sadly, Jaques' tall and broad shoulders weren't quite enough to block the view of the the Miqo'te woman ascending the steps in front of the tour group. Very briefly the Midlander's eyes widened (shock? horror?) before she demurely averted them with a silent clearing of her throat. Perhaps it was social etiquette that dictated she not make a fuss, especially not when she was a guest and this was the Keeper woman's home, or maybe it was just her background in healing that forced her not to act offended every time she saw the private parts of a stranger. Either way, she seemed quite keen on ignoring it until their hosts spoke up, save for giving Val a chastising glance in response to his comment.

She paused as Jaques stopped in his tracks and she offered a dismissive smile, nodding along in agreement and understanding with the explanations Jaques and Chiane made. "It's quite all right. There's no need to apologize. I understand all the various... circumstances. At the very least, most half-naked Miqo'te women I come across are not nearly so apologetic," she added half in jest. "It's entirely understandable given her situation."

At the sound of an unfamiliar voice behind her, she turned to face the Hyur and his towering guard. She returned his smile kind, that devious and charming grin all nobles did indeed seem to possess, herself certainly not an exception before dipping into a regal curtsy. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Barristal," she greeted as she squared her shoulders. "Lady Faye Covington, Support Saint of Harbingers of Dawn, at your service. I'm quite baffled at your idea of freedom, but I digress; I'm afraid we are not customers. I can receive such pleasures for free. We're here on business pertaining to this House's more recent operations."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Antain - 10-02-2014

Eristan's smile grew, looking over the white lady. "I see. I, too, could get lesser pleasures for free, but I'd rather pay for quality services. My darling kitten up there is certainly worth any price. Surely, you understand, Lady Faye."

He gave Val a light wink. "And can you blame me? Your kind has always been the most...enchanting."

He smirked at Jaques's scowled expression. "And Jack. You're looking for homes for these lost souls, yes? I'm offering to take S'kyla, give her everything she could possibly desire. You understand. You have a whore of your own, don't you?"

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 10-02-2014

Normally, Val would certainly understand where the man was coming from. It wasn't entirely too long ago that he, too, was spending his earnings from odd jobs and working with the Flame on well-skilled courtesans and other, more cheaper forms of "entertainment." And while Val might be completely conceited and full of himself, much like this individual seemed to be, he was at the very least genuine and honest.

And that's precisely why, after the man gave Val a wink, the Seeker bit down hard on his tongue in order to keep himself from mouthing off in quite possibly the worst way his lady could have imagined. She taught him that silence on such things was golden in situations like this. The more Val thought about it, the more he remembered he was in an alien world with people he still wasn't entirely sure he could trust. To act against the man without just cause--even if he thought the man had a stupid face and a weird way of speaking and was condescending and.. you know what? Fuck it.

"Hey, asshole. How 'bout y'fuckin' respect th'house yer in an' stop being such a godsdamned dick."

Whelp. So much for subtlety.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 10-02-2014

Faye pursed her lips, icy blue eyes wandering briefly to Val before flicking back to Eristan. "I am afraid I do not understand. Quality comes free, at least free of coin." And there went Val. She knew it was coming, it was only a matter of when. He hadn't lasted very long. She shot him no chastising glares this time, however. She secretly relied on the Miqo'te to be her mouth when something required an unladylike amount of snark. She clicked the tip of her tongue against the back of her two front teeth in a faux disapproving sound. "But perhaps the extra coin goes that last length to stop them from being so mouthy."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 10-02-2014

Ojune watched Chiane leave, glancing between his notes and her retreating form, "I'd love the company later! But I'll stay here. If they decide to talk to members of the house I'll be easily found." He gives a wave as she disappears up the steps.

------------------------------

Relief washed over Jaques as the encounter with S'kayla didn't seem to have caused too much issue. And Val's entire lack of tact had even been... cute? He'd go with cute... This relief was all to short lived however as an all to unwelcome voice cuts into their conversation. The ease he'd started to feel was instantly gone and his posture shifts to a much more aggressive stance. As Val angled to better cover Faye he angled to better cover them both.

His features a scathing glare he was about to retort when Lady Faye spoke up and he closed his mouth. Taking time to take in the state of the intruders... and to check his sudden rush of fury. This 'noble' had long outstayed his welcome moons ago. His eyes flickered to tall, broad and sparkly. That was new. Usually his guards were a bit more subdued and he wondered if the man's armour had anything -useful- implanted in it other than the obnoxious gold. Were some of those raised bits materia enchantments? He couldn't tell and found himself taking stock in case this got ugly. He still had the advantage of numbers. Even not counting Val, the other unknown in the situation.

At Val's second display of major lack of tack Jaques changed his original assessment from it being 'cute' to being -amazing-. Direct and to the point, if crass. He could and did respect that. It was satisfying the way the noble's face paled at the insult. Though the absolutely irritating smug smirk became more genuine again at Faye's spoken rebuttal.

Finally he spoke, his voice carrying a dark edge and his angry scowl no less dissipated, "It's a shame your memory seems to be going already, Eristan. At such a young age too. Perhaps if you could keep a guard around longer than a moon they'd be able to assist in refreshing your memory. Certainly never -free- was the pleasures here now was it? I have the old logs to prove it if your memory needs refreshing. I've already told you that this is no longer a brothel. It will never be so again. I've told you that those living here are not for sale. I've -also- told you that this is a home to those living here." A faintly heard rustle behind him and he glances back to see that S'kyla had returned back to the hallway's entrance along with a couple others to see the spectacle. He shifts his gaze back to Eristan and Twinkle Mountain, "And no, I do not understand and I do not have a whore. Now get out. I'm obviously engaged in a separate matter and have no time for you."