Hydaelyn Role-Players
Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Soliciting Aide [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=8110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 08-31-2014

There was a hint of anger that flashed across his features, knowing all too well that they were getting a laugh at his expense, though it soon fell into something far more placid when the lady scooted closer against him. Perhaps they could tell that she did a great job of putting him at ease and controlling his mood, and an even greater job of teaching him to keep his mouth shut. Far too many times had he caused fights with his harsh words and mannerisms.

His mismatched eyes of blue and gold followed Jaques as he left the room, immediately suspicious of the man. While he had caught on to the man's uneasy demeanor that was not unlike his own, Val had to remember that they were severely outnumbered should anything happen. All it would take was one poisoned "whatever he wanted" or a slip of sleeping potion in his beverage and he'd be unable to protect his lover. Some might consider it to be paranoia, though Val was thinking from experience. It wouldn't be the first time someone had done it.

"Nah," he finally managed, though it took the force to move mountains to will his lips apart and speak the word. "Ate before I left an' all that. M'fine wi' just listenin' an' lettin' you lot talk about whatever it is y'wanted t'talk about."

And there it was. Faye had finally began the discussion, and he prepared to battle his greatest opponent yet: Sleep.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Antain - 09-01-2014

"Ate before I left an' all that. M'fine wi' just listenin' an' lettin' you lot talk about whatever it is y'wanted t'talk about." The way the miqo'te spoke made Vaughn have to listen carefully, lest he miss a meaning.

Vaughn nodded to Val. "If you change your mind, Sir, please, don't hesitate to ask."

Faye's light voice caught his attention, though her words were strange. "Mister Vaughn, if I might ask, about how large is your organization?"

"Organization..." He tilted his head, though tried to make it look more like he was thinking rather than confused. "Ah...well, there are fifteen in lesson with Miss Chiane, the two who help Lily over there in the kitchen are apprenticing at the Quicksand I think... Feliara travels between here and Gridania practicing selling her talent with a sewing needle... Calisada has been very patient teaching the companions basic reading and writing, and Ojune has been taking them out to try and acclimate them to the city. I suppose that means twenty-four, including Jaques, Remy, and myself." He shifts slightly, starting to bite the inside of his cheek in nervousness while trying to maintain his smile.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 09-01-2014

Faye slowly nodded her head in response to Vaughn's words, ivory hair bobbing slightly about her chin. "I see. A lot of people seem to believe that emancipating a slave ends with setting him free. They seem to forget the importance of education, teaching job skills, and introducing him to normal society. A grave oversight. Without the proper follow-up, a freed slave can easily end up back where he began. Education is not to be underestimated. Knowledge is power, as the old saying goes." The words were spoken rather casually for such a somber matter, but despite noble and dainty appearances, she wasn't one to shy away from the darker aspects of life. 

After all, she couldn't very well turn away from the same troubles she wished to free others from. Discussing such sad matters was simply business. She reached for another piece of fruit, chewing and swallowing before she continued. "I applaud your group for not overlooking those important details. Freeing someone from chains is but the first step in a long process."

A look of relief spread across Vaughn's face. It was true: not many understood what it was to be a freed slave. Somehow, this noble did, and it was all he could do not to give her the biggest hug. He knew it was a bad idea, with her in high society and her bodyguard... Well, it was nothing new for Vaughn to feel the mistrust that eminated from the man.

"I am most relieved to hear you say that, my Lady. I'm hoping that gives us an advantage to help those who are having trouble adjusting. I myself... was bred into this House. Only really freed a cycle ago by that wonderful man," he motioned toward the kitchen where Jaques was getting the pitcher of water. He blushes in spite of himself. "I wouldn't know where I would be without him. For so long I've been owned, and he saved me from that life." He hesitated a moment before he just smiled. "Ah...but I'm sure you don't wish to hear those things. My apologies, Lady Faye and Sir Val."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 09-01-2014

Val was losing his fight to stay awake. Already, his head had begun to wilt and droop not unlike that of a flower. Faye had likely seen this act from him more than enough to know what was going on, should she try to knock him out of it. 

...And yet, there was something he could easily relate to. Something that Vaughn had said caught his attention. The Seeker's interest piqued and he lifted his head, ears going alert once more. He stared intently at the man, tilting his head this way and that. Was that...? Yes, yes it was. He recognized the tone of voice; the way that one spoke about the one they adored. A tilt of his head allowed his attention to fall upon the beauty at his side, a soft smile creeping along his features as he admired hers. 

"I know what y'mean," the Seeker said without actually looking to Vaughn. "Th'Princess here managed t'save me from, ah. M'self, I guess y'could call it. So I've been wi' 'er ever since." He finally managed to look back to the Elezen, "I owe 'er a lot, y'know. S'why I put 'er before everythin' else."

Vaughn nodded with a smile, genuinely happy to see and hear Val talk plainly. Even with that small smile of the miqo'te's, it put Vaughn at ease to know that Val could smile. "Then she is very lucky to have you, Sir Val, just as you are lucky to have her. To find a place...a purpose, giving those a second chance to be loved and cared for... Ah, but there I go again." He blushed. "I'm sure the last thing you want to hear is my fantasies. You're here for a purpose, and..." He smiled as he sees Jaques reenter the common room with the water. "Ah! Wonderful. We can get started as soon as your thirst is quenched. It has been a dry day."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 09-01-2014

Jaques caught most of what Vaughn had just been saying as he returned from the kitchen, taking note of the obvious shift in mood and Vaughn's flushed cheeks. In one hand he carried four glasses, stacked upside down. The other was a clear glass pitcher with two, slightly glowing water cores spinning in the bottom to keep the water cold. He sets the glasses down and pulls the top one from the stack, pouring himself a glass. He sets the pitcher down next to the glasses and takes a seat next to Vaughn. Taking a drink he allows their guests a moment to respond to whatever conversation he'd just walked back into.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 09-01-2014

Faye couldn't but smile at Vaughn's words and that familiar sentiment in his voice and his expression. She spared Val a knowing grin and a look of adoration before she turned her sights back to Vaughn, shaking her head dismissively. "Ah, nonsense. We did come here to learn about your work, after all, and what could be more important than to learn about the gentlemen who run this group? Unfortunate past circumstances aside, it's good to hear you have a personal investment in your cause."

She paused to take a sip of her tea before letting her gaze drift downward to peer absently into the cup. "I am indeed quite fortunate to have Val, just as you and Mister Jaques are quite lucky to have found each other." She peered up from cup briefly to spare the latter a soft smile as he reentered the room with the water and glasses. "I can't say I've ever been truly enslaved and I won't pretend to understand the depth of it. However, I do know what it's like to be stripped of one's will. That's why I'm largely interested in our company aiding yours."

Vaughn tilted his head. A noblewoman stripped of her will? It was difficult to comprehend. They had power, influence, gil. Everything that, to him, meant nobody could 'put them in their place'. He wanted to question, to learn more about this supposed loss of will, but decided against it.

"Well, feel free to ask anything that comes to mind." He picked up the teapot. "Would you like more, Lady Faye, as Jaques gives you the tour?"

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Val - 09-02-2014

Val, too, had noticed Jacques returning. While he had absolutely nothing to offer to the conversation at hand, as if he really cared to give more than he'd already spoken on, he chose to spend the time pouring himself a glass of water. After all, it must have been safe if the Elezen was drinking from it as well. Right?

He leaned back after, returning the grin in kind to Faye and going back to being his usual silent, alert self. The water did wonders to take that horrid taste that the tea brought out of his mouth and awaken him. At the subject that was being spoken on, Val knowing all too well what his Princess spoke of, he gave only bow of his head. One might also notice the slight droop of his ears, a look of pity falling over his features. More than most knew, the two needed and quite often fed on one another due to their own past issues.

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 09-02-2014

Jaques munches a couple of the berries from the fruitbowl as he listens to Faye and Vaughn speak and watches the silent interactions between the two lovers in front of him. He then waits for Faye to either accept or decline more tea before speaking, "I would like to know a bit more about your company... You've said your company's goal is to aide the people of Eorzea in our first meeting. But what current projects are you working on?"

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 09-02-2014

Faye shook her head in response to Vaughn's offer. "Ah, no thank you, this is plenty. I'd hate to spoil the dinner you have planned." As Jaques spoke up, she peered toward him attentively, nodding. "Yes, that's correct. Currently, our major projects are doing some research into the Primals and tempering, doing some recon to look into the plans of an apparent splinter group of Imperials, as well as searching for two criminals who've been attacking people around Ul'dah and stealing their aether. We also have some more personal projects such as helping a couple of our members search for lost loved ones, helping a merchant in our company get back on his feet after his stock of wares were liquidated, and planning some fundraising events for our housing expansion fund to better accommodate our growing events and services."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 09-02-2014

Listens to the growing list, a brow raising a fraction, "That is quite a broad array of projects. Little wonder you mentioned being accustomed to travel. You must be a large organization then, to keep up with that many things at once?"

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - Faye - 09-03-2014

Faye chuckled softly under her breath in response to Jaques' words. "Yes, it seems we're always on the move. Harbingers has about one hundred members, currently. Of course, not all are actively involved or have been seen recently, but that's our current roster, at any rate. The company is split into three branches, each with a specific function and its own leader, so it makes taking on multiple projects a smoother feat."

RE: Soliciting Aide [Closed] - DreamedReality - 09-03-2014

"Ah, I would like to learn more about you and yours at some point." Gives a faint smile, "But you're hear to learn of us." Motions about vaguely, "This main floor is largely the common areas and free for any who live here to enter and use freely, except the kitchen and our office." He sets a hand on Vaughn's knee in an unconscious gesture. "And as you saw," motions towards the nearby dining area with the other hand, "we have ample space to hold lessons."

Pauses slightly, "Chiane, the woman currently instructing, also teaches a couple of the Freed here how to manipulate the aether that they have access to. And she's only filling in as the mathematics instructor until we can find a more permanent one. We have two other instructors as well." Glances to Vaughn before shifting his gaze back to Faye and Val, "I'll show you around now, if you're ready. And don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions."  Shifts to rise as he looks expectantly to their guests.