Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hiya! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hiya! (/showthread.php?tid=8052)

Hiya! - Crassulaceae - 08-22-2014

Hi Big Grin 

I'm a relatively new player of FFXIV. I've been playing on Famfrit, due to the inability to get on Balmung or Gilgamesh, so I've largely been unable to get into the RP scene in FFXIV.  

I've had a good deal of both MMO and RP experience in the past. I've played WoW, Eve, GW, and GW2. I've also been RPing for something like 8 years now - since I was 13 - mostly in chatrooms and the occasional forum. I have a habit of playing MMOs for a while and then quitting, but I've been really enjoying FFXIV, and would really like to stick with it. 

A large part of me sticking with a game, however, is the community. I play best when there's other people to play with. I joined Hydaelyn RPers with the hopes of finding a community of RPers who might be able to help me get into the RP community in game Smile

In real life, I'm currently attending university, and pursuing a degree in biology. I have a pretty wide range of interests, both academic and recreational - hiking, gardening, programming, reading, et cetera. I don't think there's a whole lot more interesting to say about me in real life, hah. 

Anyways! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and I'd really love to get some pointers as to where I can go, outside of Balmung and Gilgamesh, for RP in FFXIV. I've stayed up into the early hours of the morning (4 AM even) to try to catch an opening on the servers, and I've not had any luck.

RE: Hiya! - Zoetrooper - 08-22-2014

Welcome welcome! 

I enjoy seeing all the new people. If you are looking for RP outside of Gilgamesh and Balmung I would say that this is the spot! There is plenty of forum roleplay to be had, I also know some folks that strike up a story or two over skype.

There's a wealth of knowledge in these forums but feel free to ask me anything.

Cheers!

RE: Hiya! - Crassulaceae - 08-22-2014

Turns out, I was able to make a character on Gilgamesh this (very early) morning. Been wanting to make one on Balmung, however - I've heard that RP has died down a lot on Gilgamesh and is still very active on Balmung. Is that true?

Anywho, I better start looking for a Gilgamesh linkshell, though I'm still holding out for some luck in Balmung.

RE: Hiya! - Zoetrooper - 08-22-2014

It hasn't died down on Gilgamesh, it is less open world based and more FC oriented. I still meet RP FCs I've never heard of. I'll gladly invite you to a linkshell. (Though I do require a character name to find you with.)

RE: Hiya! - WanderingWordsmith - 08-22-2014

If you want to get on Balmung, the sweet spot in terms of time for me was 11:00GMT. I got on without a hitch then, but before that point I was locked out.

That said, welcome to the RPC! The forum roleplays have already been mentioned, so I'll just extend a welcome and offer up Averill if you would like to roleplay with him. Big Grin

RE: Hiya! - Bryn - 08-22-2014

Like Averill said, typically you'll have the best luck making characters on Balmung early morning EST / late morning GMT. Good luck!