Hydaelyn Role-Players
Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Patch 2.35 update notes released! (/showthread.php?tid=8016)

Pages: 1 2 3

Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Austratus - 08-19-2014

Head to your nearest Lodestone right now and read what's on the block for Eorzea's latest developments!

[Defenders of Eorzea: Patch 2.35 release notes (18th August 2014)]

Including:
* Introduction of Ixali beast tribe dailies. Keep in mind that these are different from regular BTQ, in that they focus on delivery and crafting as opposed to battle objectives.
* Allied beast tribe quests have been added for those who have completed the main objectives for each tribe!
* Chocobo coloring has been added!
* Skywatchers have been added. These will tell you the current weather in a region. They are located in Ul'dah, Gridania, Limsa Lominsa, Coerthas - Camp Dragonhead, and Mor Dhona - Revenant's Toll.
* Changes made to the Hunt system.
* And more...!

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Erik Mynhier - 08-19-2014

I'm going to paint my chocobo red and pet every person I see that is shorter then me. Big Grin

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Random Encounter - 08-19-2014

Servers need to be up already, I really want to see how the chocobo recoloring works now D:

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - LiadansWhisper - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 04:36 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: I'm going to paint my chocobo red and pet every person I see that is shorter then me. Big Grin

AngryEvilEvilEvil

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Clover - 08-19-2014

How does a Roe petting a Lalafell work? If anyone can do this, please take a screen!

I'm personally waiting for personal houses in order to place my chocobo in a stable. I don't know how gardening works in a FC, as I doubt I can plant anything I want in a shared and limited space.

Anyway, I love how they keep adding more details and emotes to the game. SE gets my eternal respect.

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Cato - 08-19-2014

There's some pretty interesting changes and I love how new emotes are constantly being introduced. The house related stuff really interests me but I'll be waiting until solo housing is implemented before getting really excited about that.

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Berrod Armstrong - 08-19-2014

They fixed the hunt...I'm so happy...

*gross sobbing*

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Kage - 08-19-2014

I BET YA'LL BE SAD KAGE AIN'T A LALAFELL NOW.

This also sounds like a BAD idea.

Quote:In order to address the issue of players undertaking a duty and then equipping gear lower than the required item level for the purpose of spirit bonding, the following adjustments have been made: The rate at which gear gains spiritbond will now be reduced when gear is not the appropriate level for a given duty or open-world encounter. Furthermore, if the item level of gear is too high or too low, it will no longer gain spiritbond. Example Rubelite Ring (item level 49)
The ring will gain spiritbond at a reduced rate in duties such as the Labyrinth of the Ancients and Pharos Sirius, but will gain spiritbond at an increased rate in duties such as Castrum Meridianum and Wanderer's Palace.
Following the above changes to spiritbond gain, the probability of converting gear item level 70 or above into grade IV materia will now vary depending on the item level of the gear converted.

(08-19-2014, 07:50 AM)ExKage Wrote: I BET YA'LL BE SAD KAGE AIN'T A LALAFELL NOW.

Quote:In order to address the issue of players undertaking a duty and then equipping gear lower than the required item level for the purpose of spirit bonding, the following adjustments have been made: The rate at which gear gains spiritbond will now be reduced when gear is not the appropriate level for a given duty or open-world encounter. Furthermore, if the item level of gear is too high or too low, it will no longer gain spiritbond. Example Rubelite Ring (item level 49)
The ring will gain spiritbond at a reduced rate in duties such as the Labyrinth of the Ancients and Pharos Sirius, but will gain spiritbond at an increased rate in duties such as Castrum Meridianum and Wanderer's Palace.
Following the above changes to spiritbond gain, the probability of converting gear item level 70 or above into grade IV materia will now vary depending on the item level of the gear converted.
Sounds perfect to me actually. I've been pretty tired of LOL SPRTBNDG players messing up some of my dungeon runs. I don't mind usually, but a good few of them have nasty attitudes about it.

it's sad because all they have to do is mention that they want to spiritbond and i'd be all for it

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Nebbs - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 05:42 AM)Clover Wrote: How does a Roe petting a Lalafell work? If anyone can do this, please take a screen!

Hmm I'm thinking basketball dribbling.

Damn you phone.

Notice that it says increased spirit bond in CM and WP. Also effects open world is possibly Urths Gift.

New players in CM may have a much worse time now.

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Melodia - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 07:54 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 07:50 AM)ExKage Wrote: I BET YA'LL BE SAD KAGE AIN'T A LALAFELL NOW.

Sounds perfect to me actually. I've been pretty tired of LOL SPRTBNDG players messing up some of my dungeon runs. I don't mind usually, but a good few of them have nasty attitudes about it.

it's sad because all they have to do is mention that they want to spiritbond and i'd be all for it
This....this times 1000000. Thank you SE

Also I'm pretty sure that this means i70 does not guarantee tier IV so materia prices going up again.

Not to mention newbie 50s are going to have shit times in CM or WP

(08-19-2014, 08:20 AM)ExKage Wrote: Also I'm pretty sure that this means i70 does not guarantee tier IV so materia prices going up again.

Not to mention newbie 50s are going to have shit times in CM or WP
Newbies already have the shittiest time possible in CM, I really don't think it can get any worse (I arrange story runs with FC mates for fresh 50 FC mates because of this). 

In WP it won't be so bad, since overgeared, experienced people will be running with them now. As long as the attitudes don't suck (which is always the biggest problem) they should be fine. 

BUT MAN WHO CARES. WE CAN /PET. I -- I'm so happy about that it doesn't even make sense.

RE: Patch 2.35 update notes released! - Coatleque - 08-19-2014

The most interesting addition is how they have three emotes that will now adjust based on the height of your current target. This is something I have never seen in an MMO yet. Finally it's starting to feel more like an RPG again.