Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi, I'm Ryoko! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi, I'm Ryoko! (/showthread.php?tid=7977)

Hi, I'm Ryoko! - Marisa - 08-15-2014

Hello! I just got around to finishing a wiki page for my first character, Ryoko Stormsong, and felt this would be a good time to finally dive into the forums! Now, let's see... some stuff about myself!

MMO Experience - Oh god, what haven't I played? Mainly WoW (7 years), SWG, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, little bit of FFXIV 1.0, Secret World, Neverwinter, and now ARR since beta! 

Roleplaying experience - I'd say I have a good bit of RP experience, but it's very scattered and the quality varied a lot. My first experience with RP was on the Pheonix Throne server in Warhammer Online. I played a Dark Elf Black Guard named Vakaren Sunfury, and I hooked up with a hardcore RP guild exclusive to Dark Elves and their servants. That was a great group, but sadly the game went belly-up far faster than any of us had expected. So I moved back over to WoW. I had bits and pieces of RP in WoW over the years, but nothing substantial. 

My other RP experience comes from my Pathfinder campaigns. For those of you not familiar, Pathfinder is a modified version of Dungeons and Dragons. I somehow always got stuck being the Dungeon Master, so sadly I never got to really develop my own character. However, I had a lot of experience being NPCs! My Pathfinder group also played a Cold War rpg of our own creation called Operation: Midnight. 

Character Ideas/Info - I like to keep things simple, so at least for the time being I'm going to exclusively play as Ryoko. She's one of the least interesting characters I've come up with, because her past is largely uneventful. For that same reason, however, I think she has the most potential, because she can go any direction in life she wants. Right now she's Neutral Good, but I'd like to gradually move her towards Lawful Neutral. We'll see how things play out, though. 

As far as what kind of roleplayer I'm aiming to be, I think I'm gonna go all the way. I plan to be in-character whenever possible, and we'll see how that works out. Despite my time as a DM, my preferred play-style is to simply live out a character's day-to-day life, and let other people's adventures find me. 

Sorry for being so long-winded! This community has been in the back of my mind since I first saw it almost a year ago, and I'm really excited to finally be getting in on the fun!

RE: Hi, I'm Mixxy! - Gharen - 08-15-2014

Welcome to the RPC Mixxy. =) I can understand where you're coming from starting with a character who is something of a blank slate. The good news is, it's easy to fill in that slate once you start to RP with some folks. There are also some good threads in the RP  Discussion and Character Development sections of the forums that might help you round her out.

Aside from that, welcome again, and catch you ingame! =)

RE: Hi, I'm Ryoko! - Marisa - 08-15-2014

I noticed that a lot of people here seem to use their primary character's name as their forum name, and also that I could change my forum name, so I changed that around and updated the thread title accordingly. Yay \O/

RE: Hi, I'm Ryoko! - LiveVoltage - 08-15-2014

Ooooooh, a Veteran Dungeon master.  @_@

Ill be sure to send you a PM if I decide to do a long, drawn out RP forum questline.   xD

RE: Hi, I'm Ryoko! - Gharen - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 05:50 AM)Ryoko Wrote: I noticed that a lot of people here seem to use their primary character's name as their forum name, and also that I could change my forum name, so I changed that around and updated the thread title accordingly. Yay \O/

Some folks do for the sake of simplicity I'm sure, but it is by no means something you're expected to do. simply having your characters in your sig or listed in your profile where they show up under your avatar is perfectly acceptable. =)

RE: Hi, I'm Ryoko! - Jijinji - 08-15-2014

Hello and welcome to the RPC Ryoko!

I do hope you enjoy your time RPing (and just communicating) with those whom dwell here.

I personally look forward to maybe running into your character in game one day.