Hydaelyn Role-Players
Event: Drawing Competitions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Event: Drawing Competitions (/showthread.php?tid=79)

Pages: 1 2

Event: Drawing Competitions - ramdragn - 03-22-2010

Name: RPC Award Design
Event Type: Drawing Competition
Category: Role-Playing Community Awards
Medium: Any
Description:
Is that time of the year where the Gods begin Judging our mortal existences. With their blessings and guidences we gather to praise those few who are shinning in the Gods' eyes along with their actions. To commemorate their success, we must create a gift worth of the approvals of the mightiest for the annual Role-Playing Community Awards celebrations.

Draw and Design the award that will be given to the winner of the RPC Award. This can be either a trophy (like an oscar) or a certificate (like a diploma). The award can be created digitally drawn, traditionally drawn, sculpted, and such.(Have in mind if sculpted in real life a picture is what will be submitted. The picture must be taken in front view, side view, top, bottom, and angle.)
Requirements:
-Size- 1040px x 720px (max)
-Format- jpeg, gif, png, pdf, bmp, ai, psd
-Color- RGB
-Resolution- 72dpi-100dpi
-Theme- Award sculpture or certificate given to a winner in a Final Fantasy XIV Role-Playing Community Awards
-Details-Must have a space where the name of the winner can be written. The letters "RPC" must be included (Award can be omitted at your discretion).
Submitting: Entries will be accepted between March 16 - April 22 through [email protected] with your name, email, artwork, and artwork title. (Yes, you can use your RPC name). Title the email "Event: Drawing Competition (RPC Award Design)"
Voting: Entries will be posted between the 24-28 of April under Event: Drawing Competition (RPC Award Design)
Reward: Your Design will be featured in the upcoming Role-Playing Awards as the representation of the winners. Also, your name will be placed in the credits of the RPC making.
Event Contacts: For any questions PM Gargor or Ramdragn
-------------------------------------
Good Luck to everyone.

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Kylin - 03-22-2010

To further clarify on the above, I wanted to chime in real fast. This event was originally made for the former Alexander Rpers but they have graciously extended it to involve us to an extent. In the future, we’ll end up possibly having our own annual RPC Awards. This could end up being a massive success assuming most RP guilds involve themselves. And I’m sure there are ways to get freelance Rpers involved as well once the discussions on it begin.

The future RPC Awards will likely somewhat resemble the Oscars. We’ll end up dividing it into IC and OOC categories ranging from things like “sexiest female character” to “best character introduction” and much more. Ideally, each individual guild will hold their own version of it within their own guild, voting their own members for each category. Then the winners on the guild level will be considered nominees at the RPC level where the RPC winners are revealed at a large RP formal event. Obviously there’s still a lot of time for discussing details since the first such event won’t be held until at least a few months after everyone is settled into the game.

This particular competition will focus on creating the actual award appearance in the form of a trophy or certificate. Thus, this competition is mostly for the artistic people here. So hopefully there are lots of submissions. Your design could end up being used in our future larger event!

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Nanapariri - 03-22-2010

This is always a fun idea. Many of the guilds I've been in we did this as a "Yearbook" and it always was fun to see what others thought of your characters.

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Smiling River - 03-22-2010

Awesome idea! I was actually thinking down the line, if people want, I can try to sculpt the awards (if the design is simple enough) and send em out via mail to the winners. Bringing the virtual to the RL =P

Also I just wanted to ask if we can only submit one design? I'd argue that the more the better, since it'd give people more to pick from.

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - ramdragn - 03-23-2010

For the moment we want one per submission per person to keep the chances equal. However, if you want to ask people which of yours is better is not a problem. However, for now is only one per person submission.

Good Luck and thanks for the enthusiasm little mammet.
-Ram Beholve :afro:

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - ramdragn - 03-31-2010

We want to thank all those who have participated so far and hope to see more people submitting as the deadline grows near, and we are glad we see some enthusiasm around the RP Community; however, it seems there have been some confusion around. For those having doubts on the RPC Award event and how it would work here are some of the FAQ we have received and might help.

1) Are you hiring for a real event?

No, we are not hiring anyone for a Real Life event. Mason was awesome enough to suggest he would do an actual sculpture if it was possible. We do not have the time, money, nor network to create a Real Live gathering of the RP community.

2) Where is the Event taking place and do we need tickets?

RPCAwards is a simple award show originated ingame(as many Linkshell have done before). The difference is we in Alexander like to incorporate little events making road to the ceremonial event fun ( we make games like designing the award for example)

This said, we do not create a real live event of Role Players (Unfortunately) for reason specified in (1)

3) Why do we need real information?

No, Real information is not required to participate. Name can be RPC names. We usually go and check what names are in members or in the achieve/directory thread

4) Is there going to be live music in the awards?

No

5) Is this event sponsored by SE (Square Enix)

We wish lol but no

6) Will we get the award for ingame furniture.

lmao, We wish even more but still no. Sorry

7) How will I get my award if I win?

There will be a page designed by one of our members where the winner name will be placed in a trophy case, with time all the trophies will be in the same page side by side.

Ej. 2010 space in the shelf has the winner name and 2010 trophy with a little memo of the winner.

8) Will there be more events like the Award creation one?

Yes, as many as humanly possible.

*We wish most doubts are cleared and we wish all participants Good Luck.

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Kylin - 04-16-2010

Bump. Deadline is almost here! Hopefully more than a couple of you submitted some artwork for the award.

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - ramdragn - 04-22-2010

Thank you to everyone who participated in the event. You still have until the end of the 22th to submit your art. Vote will begin on the 23th. Good luck to all.

To minimize the page load size the images were placed in a website page.

Here are the participants:
http://rpcawards.xtreemhost.com/awarddesigncompetition/

Please place your votes by shouting the name of your favorite artist.

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Kylin - 04-25-2010

Link hasn't been working since last night Sad .

Also, when does voting close? The 28th?

Edit: Link still not working several days later. Hope you plan to extend voting since a lot of people haven't been able to even see the submissions yet >.>;

Edit 2: Link still isn't working over a week later. /pokes Ram.

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - ramdragn - 05-02-2010

Our apologies for the inconvenience

It is weird, it is supposed to be working, works for us in 10 different CPU. We find no errors. Our bad for not post it (Points and blames Gargor) :study:

Been working on it all this time IF you don't have flash player 10, try downloading it from the main webisite in adobe.com

The Votes will be stretched through 2nd of April to 22 of April.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rpcawards.xtreemhost.com/awarddesigncompetition/index.html">http://rpcawards.xtreemhost.com/awardde ... index.html</a><!-- m -->

I cannot find any errors but Will have them here so people can see them clearly

Aguacatin: RPC Award
[Image: img1.jpg]

Luis Lopez: Fallen Knight Award
[Image: img2.jpg]

Mike Megiux: Staff of Greatness
[Image: img3.jpg]

Nadia: Award
[Image: img4.jpg]

Ryan: The Big Star
[Image: img5.jpg]

Shinning Knight: Award Tree
[Image: img6.jpg]

Mason: RPC Award
[Image: img7.jpg]

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Kylin - 05-03-2010

Yeah, link still not working for me. It might be a regional issue or something (certain regions may block it).

Anyway, my vote is for Aguacatin: RPC Award Wink

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - River - 05-03-2010

Do we vote here? Mine is also for Aguacatin

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Kylin - 05-05-2010

Bump. A whole LOT of you still need to vote Laugh . Just shout out your choice. Remember that this award design will be used in the future RPC Awards!

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Aveline - 05-05-2010

I'll throw my vote in for Aguacatin's design.

Re: Event: Drawing Competitions - Varov - 05-05-2010

I actually have to go with Aguacatin. Luiz Lopez was a close second, but it's too thematic with Knighthood.