Hydaelyn Role-Players
Suggestion for Site/Forums - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Suggestion for Site/Forums (/showthread.php?tid=7816)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Gegenji - 12-19-2014

Just a little bug alert.

When I sent a PM to multiple individuals and went to look at it in the "Sent Items" folder, the Sent To field displays this:

' title=''>[Image: %3Cflp_avatar%5B%5D%5B]' alt='' align="left" />Multiple recipients
(With Image being the broken image icon, I'm assuming it doesn't know whose icon to use?)

Most likely not a big deal to most folks, but thought I'd bring it up.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Kage - 12-19-2014

It's unfortunately something that has been there for like a year or more. It's been there ever since I started anyway ><

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Gegenji - 12-19-2014

Well, it suddenly fixed itself - showing the image of the first person on the list. So either Firefox was being wonky or FreelanceWizard just corrected that error like a boss.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - FreelanceWizard - 12-19-2014

I didn't do anything, but I'm glad it worked itself out. Smile

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Kage - 12-19-2014

I think it's just a small bug in the system that initially doesn't like multiple recipients. It just fixes itself after some time.

But it's always messed up initially. Then a few minutes later it is fixed.

((I've experienced it in Chrome and IE))

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Coatleque - 01-06-2015

I just wanted to make a quick update about my request. I figured out an HTML / Wiki code hack to accomplish what I wanted with tool-tips. Here is how, for anyone interested:

[[Wiki Link Here|<span title="Hover Text Here">Display Text Here</span>]]

This will create a wiki link that has a mouse-over "on hover" text box which shows anything you place in the title attribute of the span tag. In this way, I was able to condense my entire Relationship section by putting descriptions in the hover text and only displaying the names themselves. You can also change the displayed name of the link to whatever you place inside the span element itself.

Hope this gives others some ideas.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - FreelanceWizard - 04-22-2015

Stickied per user request. Feel free to use this as a suggestion box. Smile

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-22-2015

"Heated topic" icebox section. If a topic because too heated too fast, can it be moved (temporarily) to a forum with posting limits, if possible? Maybe a person could only respond once an hour. Or if there were a number of individuals causing issues, they could have access revoked while allowing the thread to cool back down to a more peaceful simmer.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Maril - 04-22-2015

*runs into thread* 

I would like to suggest a box-thing where you can put in your timezone, so that it appears under your avatar like this: 

[Image: fce36535cc.png]

Pardon the shabby paint-edit. 

It'd make it a lot easier to figure out which people you are time-compatible with. It's not a given that people include their timezones in their making-connections posts for example, and at least for me I know there are some timezones like EST that I can work better with - The difference between 6 and 9 hours is pretty big for me. 

I know that you can click on people's profiles to see their local time, but that's only something I realized recently and it's a little tedious having to click peoples profiles to see it.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Rosamund - 04-22-2015

(04-22-2015, 05:15 AM)Nailah Wrote: I would like to suggest a box-thing where you can put in your timezone, so that it appears under your avatar like this:

I wholeheartedly support this idea.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Oscare - 04-22-2015

Right now, we have 110x110 avatars available, and people like to use character art for their avatar, and most of the time they emd squished because of limited pixel space...

Would it be at all possible to extend avatar dimensions? Something like 450 by 190, so that it doesn't hyper extend or hyper width threads.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-24-2015

...Would it be possible to add a "Forum Games" subsection to the RP board?

There's been a large influx of recent "Describe your character doing ______" and "How does your character react to ______ " threads that I think are detracting away from more in-depth development threads.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - FreelanceWizard - 04-27-2015

Let me hit a bunch of these at once. Smile
  • Icebox section: We can actually "semi-lock" a thread so that every post has to be approved by a mod. We might start employing that more in threads that get particularly hot; I'll look into whether there's a mod that lets us apply per-thread posting delays.
  • Timezone in the infobox: That's a great idea and yeah, I can totally do that. Smile Give me a few days to put it together.
  • Avatar size limits: This one is a little tricky, actually. My main PC is 2560x1440, and so the forums could be a lot bigger side to side. Smile However, on phones, the avatars are actually pretty large. From a vertical standpoint, we can get into some weird display issues if the infobox next to a post gets large. So, I'll take a look at the CSS, but I don't think we can really change the avatar sizes.
  • Forum games: When I think of forum games, I think of things like the compliments thread or the "reply with just a GIF" thread. I don't class the "how does your character react to X" type of thread as a forum game, but rather as an RP prompt that can help people think through and develop their characters. Sure, some of them can be a bit silly, but sometimes a silly prompt helps you think outside the box about a character. One creative writing exercise I remember fondly involved picking a character, a situation, and a tone out of a hat and writing a story about it; it forced people to improvise and think fast even when the result seemed nonsensical (such as a serious story about a hit man going to the dentist). At any rate, I'm not sure I want to get into the business of deciding what kind of prompt is an in-depth one and which is a forum game, so right now, I don't think a new forum section is necessary. If we get a lot of forum games popping up in Off Topic, though, I'll revisit this.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - FreelanceWizard - 04-29-2015

We now have a timezone option! Set it in your User CP->Profile section to your timezone offset from UTC, and it'll show up in your profile and next to your posts.

RE: Suggestion for Site/Forums - Blue - 04-29-2015

An option to turn off the picture gallery from being displayed on the home page would be nice.... You know how I am towards a certain type of art content Sad....