Hydaelyn Role-Players
On the Road to Gridania! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: On the Road to Gridania! (/showthread.php?tid=7769)

Pages: 1 2

On the Road to Gridania! - P'ashara - 07-25-2014

Greetings! 

For the last three weeks, two would-be adventurers have been making preparations in Ul'dah for a caravan journey that will take both of them much farther than either have traveled in their relatively short lives. Perhaps you've seen them around the city, asking about caravan schedules and travel routes! 

Having met by chance, their circumstances made them decide to pool their respective resources, monetary and otherwise, to make the journey safely. They will be departing with an armed caravan, along with other travelers, and will be making their way to Gridania over a week's time.

We will be stopping along the route at various settlements and would like to invite you to join us (P'ashara Pari and Lucas Rajan) on any of the evenings listed below for a couple hours of roleplay. After this, we'll be spending our IC time exploring Gridania and the Shroud for a few weeks... or who knows? Adventure may take us somewhere else! 

Saturday, July 26 at 9:00PM CST
The Coffer and Coffin, South of Blackbrush Station, Central Thanalan

Sunday, July 27 at 9:00PM CST
Camp Drybone, Eastern Thanalan

Thursday, July 31 at 9:00PM CST
Buscarron's Druthers, South Shroud

We are both relatively new to the game but would love to make some contacts and meet some people, so if you are bored on any of these evenings or looking for some casual but fun roleplay, please feel free to stop by!

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - Rinette - 07-25-2014

Wow, that's an interesting take on RP travel! Rinette is always in the Shroud and I would love to meet you guys at Buscarron's or anywhere in the Shroud actually.

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - Knight Kat - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 06:53 PM)Rinette Wrote: Wow, that's an interesting take on RP travel! Rinette is always in the Shroud and I would love to meet you guys at Buscarron's or anywhere in the Shroud actually.

What she said! I can be there too.

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - P'ashara - 07-26-2014

Aw, thanks! Hope to see you guys out there! P'ashara is dying to meet other miqo'te, and knows there are lots of Keepers in Gridania and the Shroud.

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - Xydane - 07-26-2014

My character is currently in open world RP right now so I would like to tag along. Thumbsup

Look Kiht and Rin! The three of us will make the best trio EVA!

[Image: laughdispl.gif]

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - Crisiet - 07-26-2014

Cris often travels between cities. Mebbe he'll bump into you guys!

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - P'ashara - 07-27-2014

Thanks so much to everyone who came out! It was a lot of fun and some of us ended up RPing there for like four and a half hours (before I went to bed)! I had a good time and we hope to meet others on our other stops!

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - K'nahli - 07-27-2014

I love when people don't take travel lightly like this, thank you very much for creating such an event ^^   I hope you all have fun.

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - P'ashara - 07-27-2014

Tonight we'll be hanging around the bar/restaurant area/building in Camp Drybone (or maybe outside and around it).

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - No Longer Exists - 07-29-2014

I wish I would've noticed this earlier! What an awesome idea, guys!

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - P'ashara - 07-30-2014

We have one more stop on the 31st, so please feel free to come out! We'll be at Buscarron's Druthers starting at 9PM CST.

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - Knight Kat - 07-31-2014

(07-30-2014, 01:11 AM)Pashara Wrote: We have one more stop on the 31st, so please feel free to come out! We'll be at Buscarron's Druthers starting at 9PM CST.

[Image: gArOrtL.png]

...............................We'll be waiting.

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - P'ashara - 08-01-2014

Thanks to everyone who joined us for RP! We had a great time in each location, and every stop and group was unique! My character, at least, now knows about 150% more people than she did before, so yay!

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - Knight Kat - 08-01-2014

This was a great idea, and I only regret that Rinette and Xydane were not online to be there. However, as you saw, I brought the Morbolvine Clan!

This was a neat event because it showed that there -are- RPers in places other than Ul'dah. You got to meet RPers who do not even use the RPC, and/or who barely RP in Ul'dah.

It was great to see some RP happening at Buscarron's which does not happen as much anymore. Something like this should be done again soon. Maybe a trip to Limsa? There are Limsa RPers who I am sure are just waiting to show their stuff. Big Grin

RE: On the Road to Gridania! - P'ashara - 08-01-2014

We met Xydane at our very first stop, and hopefully we'll meet Rinette since our characters will be in Gridania and the Shroud for awhile!

Being new to the game, I didn't know/think that RP was centered in Ul'dah. I do see a lot of it there but I catch it when I'm visiting the other cities as well! Through my leveling experience (yay I'm 50 now!), it was rarer to catch it out in the world but I totally did see it!

P'ashara would like to go to Limsa Lominsa someday! I think any time she has to make a huge, long trip, this type of RP event would work out well :)

It was nice meeting the Morbolvine clan! Definitely new territory for my Sunseeker.