Hydaelyn Role-Players
Active RP FCs [Balmung] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Active RP FCs [Balmung] (/showthread.php?tid=7752)

Pages: 1 2 3

Active RP FCs [Balmung] - adam86 - 07-23-2014

Curious if theres any active RP FCs on Balmung that's EU friendly? I've searched the directory but every FC I liked seemed impossible to catch the GM in-game. Any sugestions

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - Eliane Dufresne - 07-23-2014

Aeon is very EU friendly, and we're always looking for more EU players to fill our ranks! Our members are from all over the world, including (at least) 4 Brits, an Aussie, and several North Americans who never sleep. One of our three FC leaders, Brynhilde Wulf, is on GMT and will probably be around at the times you are.

If you'd like, take a peek over at rune.enjin.com and see if we're for you! Smile

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - LiveVoltage - 07-23-2014

Not that I know of but if you want to be proactive in you search then you could try wandering from player FC house to player FC house in all the districts to check just in case. From what I know though, there are a few somewhere in Mist or Goblet player districts. Hope that helps!

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - Faye - 07-23-2014

Harbingers of Dawn <<HoD>> is EU friendly. We're primarily an American FC, but we do have several EU members.

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - adam86 - 07-23-2014

I did look at Aeon but noticed its miqo'te restriction

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - LiadansWhisper - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 12:07 PM)adam86 Wrote: Curious if theres any active RP FCs on Balmung that's EU friendly? I've searched the directory but every FC I liked seemed impossible to catch the GM in-game. Any sugestions

You might not need to catch the GM in-game.  Try grabbing one of the members!  Or if they're on the RPC, try sending them a private message through the forums.  Smile

(07-23-2014, 01:23 PM)adam86 Wrote: I did look at Aeon but noticed its miqo'te restriction
Yeah. Aeon was my first choice for an FC, baring Athereal Warriors. Dat Miqo'te restriction is inconvenient, but I understand why they would want to promote racial diversity.   ._.

(07-23-2014, 01:58 PM)LiveVoltage Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 01:23 PM)adam86 Wrote: I did look at Aeon but noticed its miqo'te restriction
Yeah. Aeon was my first choice for an FC, baring Athereal Warriors. Dat Miqo'te restriction is inconvenient, but I understand why they would want to promote racial diversity.   ._.

As do I and totally respect their choice Smile

Well im ingame now so if any representatives of any FCs are on I wouldnt mind a nudge

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - Yune - 07-23-2014

I was also curious about FCs on this server, but my main wonder was whether or not FC RPers would typically only interact with their FC? I don't have one of my own as of yet because I'm not really certain what it is I'm looking for in one, but I've had this apprehension about FCs and whether or not they were pretty "exclusive" or withdrawn from everyone else in the game because they were more focused on their own FC plotlines and such.

I also have been a little leery about randomly applying to one without having met anyone from the group because I suppose I foolishly wish to find one that I got swept away in purely by chance. I suppose I just prefer the idea of knowing some people/letting them know me before I came knocking as some random unknown traveler who wants membership.

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - ArmachiA - 07-23-2014

^ It really depends on the FC.

I can only answer for my own here. Night Blades lies somewhere in the middle. We have our own plotlines that take up a lot of members time, should they choose it to, and some members pretty much only RP exclusively with other members of the FC. However, we go to Social Server events, a lot of members actively RP with people outside the FC, and we have an ooc ls specifically made because we have a lot of people outside our FC involved in our plotlines.

I THINK you're going to find any FC with a plotline on it's own is like that, somewhere in the middle. There are FC's that rely on outside storylines to keep their members from getting bored, and there are FCs that just don't interact with anyone outside of it all, but I think most will fall right in the middle.

Generally, I see cross FC interaction all the time - even off hand the Night Blades regularly works with 3 or 4 FCs, and rps with countless other people in different FCs. I'm pretty sure it's like that for most of them.

Personally, from experience, most RPFC's tend to have one central plot line that everyone follows then multiple sub plots started by others that connect with or are somewhat related to the RP. There are a few FC's that allow others outside of their FC to participate but most dont, but that doesn't mean they wont start outside events with you.

My thought is this on the matter, apply to the one's that catch youre interest, otherwise, just hang somewhere else and individual RP without an essential plot line to follow. The main thing to establish here is that most people tend to want to join RP FC's because of the amount of players inside of them. Solo-RPing without a group can be very boring and difficult at times.

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - Eliane Dufresne - 07-24-2014

(07-23-2014, 02:10 PM)adam86 Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 01:58 PM)LiveVoltage Wrote:

As do I and totally respect their choice Smile

My apologies, I didn't check first. Well don't I just feel like a giant ass now. Blush

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - Faye - 07-24-2014

(07-23-2014, 03:31 PM)Yune Wrote: I was also curious about FCs on this server, but my main wonder was whether or not FC RPers would typically only interact with their FC? I don't have one of my own as of yet because I'm not really certain what it is I'm looking for in one, but I've had this apprehension about FCs and whether or not they were pretty "exclusive" or withdrawn from everyone else in the game because they were more focused on their own FC plotlines and such.

I also have been a little leery about randomly applying to one without having met anyone from the group because I suppose I foolishly wish to find one that I got swept away in purely by chance. I suppose I just prefer the idea of knowing some people/letting them know me before I came knocking as some random unknown traveler who wants membership.

As Armi and Live said, it really depends on the FC, but most do interact with other role-players outside their FC, it's just varies how much depends on the FC and the individual player. My own FC follows what Live stated in that we have one central company-wide plot, several other plots members of the company have created, and each character in the company usually has their own personal plot development going on.

RE: Active RP FCs [Balmung] - LiveVoltage - 07-24-2014

Oh yeah, I forgot about personal plot's. Really then there are four types of plots that are part of a regular RPFC. FC RP plotline, Side plotlines initiated by a collective group of people in the FC, minor plotlines that usually take place disconnected or disjointed from the FC's plotline, and a personal RP, which is centered around the person it is about.

Generally those are the type's of RP you should be aware of.

@Faye
Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate it.   :P