Hydaelyn Role-Players
How long did your patch take? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How long did your patch take? (/showthread.php?tid=774)

How long did your patch take? - NillaShadow - 09-30-2010

So, I got the standard edition at about 2:00 today. I installed it before work, and started patching it at 5:00. It's been patching ever since then, and it says there's over 4 hours left to go. That's nearly 10 hours! Seriously, I doubt the patch files are that big, and I'm not getting that good speeds from the "torrent method" of downloading. I really wish SE put up a direct download option instead of this, because it's not fast at all. Am I alone in this? How long did other people's patches take?

Re: How long did your patch take? - Noelle - 10-01-2010

Was a CE user, (still am I guess xD) And, the first patch was 450~ MB, and took me two hours with the "Torrent method".

My internet coneection is not exactly the fastest in the world though~

Pretty sure a very generous member of our forums hosts the patch files for Download though~ ♥

Re: How long did your patch take? - Freyar - 10-01-2010

All patches were gathered using uTorrent (MicroTorrent).

D2010.09.18 ~5.4MB ~50 seconds (108KB/s)
D2010.09.19 ~414.6MB ~12 minutes (575KB/s)
D2010.09.23 ~6.4MB ~40 seconds (160KB/s)
D2010.09.28 ~17.9MB ~1.5 minutes (198KB/s)

Guesstimates only

Re: How long did your patch take? - Kurb - 10-01-2010

25-26 hours.There was an hour there where my net went down.I won't count that.What's worse is I can't get on this server now :mrgreen: O well

Re: How long did your patch take? - Chveya - 10-01-2010

I used the patches that were in a thread here; the bigger one took me close to an hour, 'cause I have a lousy connection. The other three took a few minutes.

I didn't want to torrent, because I was trying to watch the bandwidth usage -- we were very close to our monthly limit.

Re: How long did your patch take? - Kurb - 10-02-2010

lmao woke up 20 mins ago went to see if the server was up all ff14 data magically gone off of my comp.
Cry
I should of stuck with wow
working an 8 hour shift today so if I start re installation now it might be done when I get home :twisted:

Re: How long did your patch take? - Freyar - 10-02-2010

Kurb Wrote:lmao woke up 20 mins ago went to see if the server was up all ff14 data magically gone off of my comp.

Sounds like someone uninstalled it from your machine. Installed programs don't just disappear like that.

Re: How long did your patch take? - Asytra - 10-02-2010

The patcher has been a bit strange. After beta had ended I was pulling patches at around 1.0-1.5MB/sec. However over the past week I've had to resort to using a torrent client to get them faster. Thankfully we at least have that option at our disposal, as some betas I've been in actually bury the torrent inside the downloader executable.

Re: How long did your patch take? - Kurb - 10-03-2010

It installed in less than an hour yesterday :o apparently.Odd

Re: How long did your patch take? - Volkai - 10-04-2010

Patch took less than an hour after I opened up the proper ports.