Hydaelyn Role-Players
Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) (/showthread.php?tid=7695)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-27-2014

It was getting on in the morning and Erik readied to leave, finishing the page he read. He almost closed the book when a name jumped off the page, hitting him like the bullet he had dug out..... Holly. Erik's eyes followed the notes the madman had written, full of odd ramblings and directions to turn to another page only to find another direction to move to another. Finally the arrow from her name lead through five different pages, coming to rest on a chart of Erik's maternal-grandfather's prodigy. Erik read the chart, finding his name he saw a line connecting to his late wife leading to his daughter's name, circled in dark ink. His eyes widened further as he followed a second line from his name to Holly's, a connecting line leading to a question mark, circled. A tiny note scratched into the page below the question mark, "Name and location unknown, birth confirmed, current status unknown." The chair Erik sat in and the table before him flew as he bolted up, the chair nearly striking a Lalafell as he entered. Holding the book in his hand, Erik shook. There would be no time for Alexei. Erik turned to the barmaid, handing her a handful of gil, for the food and the table, and dashed for the door.

-----

~ Seventeen Years Earlier - Ul'dah ~

The shouting could be heard in the streets. A modest home on Onyx street, and no peace to be found. "I do not understand what has gotten into you lately. I come home and we fight, I go you your house and we fight! It is out of no where!" shouted the boy. Younger, shaggy hair, so few scars. "By the twelve Holly! Where is it coming from?" The woman had a fire in her eye, her arms crossed her body, from one angle defiant, from another broken, "I... I don't need a reason for feeling this way Erik! I don't like what you do, I never did!" she shouted. She bit hard into her lip, keeping her mask of anger. "I don't like that cloak in the room, I don't like that damn pearl going off at all hours of the day and night! I hate when Cien comes by because I don't know if he's visiting or picking you up for days at a time!" Erik sat at the table now, "Holly, I understand, but you need to also. What I do is important. How am I suppose to marry you broke? You still want to do you not?" he said glancing at the ring on her finger. "Married! How do you plan to marry me! Raise children......" She paused momentarily, collecting herself, "You vanish for days, return with blood on your boots!" Erik stood and turned his back, "I am a soldier!" She snapped back, "My father was a soldier! Soldiers have orders! If they leave in the middle of the night, you hear about why the next day! I never hear anything when you vanished, not a fucking thing!" Erik turned to face her, pleading in his eyes, "If you think I am seeing someone else I sw....." She cut him off, "I know you're not! Twelve that would be so much better. Everyone knows what the Hall of Records does Erik! You go in and out of there all the time! And you have the balls to tell me you and Montblanc just deliver papers! Fully armed with Cian and his spear in tow?!? I'm not stupid! I sleep next to you! You shout in your sleep!" She almost lost it, tears fell but she stopped them, her voice going soft, "I... I don't want to do this. I love you, you know that right? I'm just worried." Erik softened and moved to hold her, only to be stopped by her outstretched hand, "No.... can you.. can you just give me a little time. I don't know what exactly you do, but I have a pretty good idea. Its so dangerous... you so love your danger.... and I don't want to get one of those letters one day." She was quiet for a long time, then, "What if we had children? I lost my dad while he fought, and mom didn't hold out after him. And your parents too. Do you really want our children going through that? You could walk away, I know you're not in to deep that you can't leave... not yet. Leave the Flames, come and work with me in the mines. You were apprenticed before you came here. You could make as much if not more then you do now. We could even move out of this damned city. They're starting a huge project near Black Brush, it would be perfect." Erik shook his head, "Holly, I cannot do that, I am needed here, and all this talk of......." He was interrupted by the pearl in his year. "Yes Sir?... I can be there right away..... Yes Sir." Lowering his finger he turned fearfully toward Holly. Her blue eyes closed as though she had found enlightenment. "Holly.... I hav..." She silenced him simply by opening her eyes, "It's fine baby. Go, they need you. We can talk when you get back.

As she watched him turn the corner she crumpled to the ground. She only allowed herself a moment. She walked to the master washroom to wash her face. As she finished, she turned to leave and caught herself in the body length mirror. Pulling the front of her shirt to just below her breast, sh touched her stomach with her free hand. Tears welled as she gently rubbed her stomach, sobbing as she lowered herself to the floor. It was that moment that the frustration took hold. Taking a bag from the cabinet she went back into the room and grabbed whatever she thought she would need. As she reached the front door she removed the ring from her finger and went to sit it on the table... but could not. Slipping into her pocket she left the house. Erik never saw her again.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open PG13.. I suppose) - Erik Mynhier - 07-27-2014

~Seventeen years earlier - Ul'dah~

It had been two days when since he had left. Walking in he called to her. She had been so distant lately, he was to young to understand. Not the man most knew, he was a boy, no stranger to immaturity. He wandered the house calling to her, but there was no answer. The extra room was open, a note on the desk. He walked in, looking about he thought the room perfect for the study he was wanting, just another thing she seemed against, so scared and angry he couldn't understand why. The note was simple and heartbreaking. As he leaned against the wall he found himself sliding down the wall. As he reached the end he thought about how much he loved her. He knew it was his fault, but he wasn't sure how. All he wanted was to chase after her, but it was forbidden to him. She was clear with the last line of the letter, "Part of me will always love you, but just let me become somebody that you use to know." As the sun set outside, all he could do is cry, the house seemed so lonely.

~~~~~~~~
Intermission
~~~~~~~~

Been writing these last few posts with this song, on the advice of a good friend that use to be someone I use to know. I love this group, and the guy is a dead on to how I picture 17 year old Erik, shortieh wild hair, green eyes, that nose, and not quite muscular but heading that way.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open PG13.. I suppose) - Erik Mynhier - 07-27-2014

Limping into his unit's headquarters, he found his way to his quarters. Leaving a trail of blood he passed Leilani, a recent addition to the Unit. He caught her in his eye for a moment before quietly slipping into his chamber to sit.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) - Erik Mynhier - 07-28-2014

Confronted by Osric, Zac, and Lei, Erik soon found himself in their care. While they set about sitting him and checking his wounds, Alexei was called. Setting things right medically, as apposed to how Erik had done it, he began to feel better. While the Doctor did his work, a foreign born Sultansworn joined their ranks named Bartolomeo Filangieri. After much convincing Erik decided to wait a few days to recover before going out to search. Giving Leilani the silver box and his key, she placed the void pendent in his drawer safe. Once it was all said and done Erik simply slept for the day, heading to the Hall of Flames that night to report his need to have a few days off. From there he headed toward the Quicksand.

((Just a quick..... well more a quick update rather then post. I'll add more later today with a nice post.))

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) - Erik Mynhier - 07-28-2014

It was two days he realized when he awoke to the sound of birds outside his window. He stood and looked in the mirror, his bandaging was fresh, and there was considerably less then he had remembered seeing before, only a wrap around his midsection and his thigh, the Doctor had been in to see him. He smiled, touched by the concern.He stood slowly, testing the leg, first by standing on it, then slowly hopping in place. The pain was sharp, but he wasn't sure if it was the injury or simply stiffness. Looking again into the mirror he noticed his undone hair and his quickly growing beard. He bathed and rimmed his beard. He found bandages, left by Alexei he assumed. He looked at the wounds before re-wrapping them, they both looked better at least.

Once that was done he dressed in his short pants and running shoes. There was only one cure for stiffness and a cluttered head. Leaving the headquarters quietly he stopped. He wrote a note of thanks and left it on his desk in the lobby, naming Alexei, Osric, Zac, and Lei. He then left to run.

At first it hurt.... it really hurt, but after a bit the pain eased. "Stiffness then." he muttered as he pushed on. Reaching the gate connecting the Goblet and Ul'dah, he continued to run. Jogging down the main road, he turned down the Ruby Exchange. The two days in bed had made him soft he thought as he sat down on one of the benches. He let his mind go clear as he watched the people going by.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) - Melkire - 07-29-2014

Osric Melkire swung the front door open. He staggered inside, spun around, grabbed the inside handle, leaned back, backpedaled, and pulled the door closed. Slammed it. Hard. He reeled his way over to the lobby desk, his hair singed.

He smelled like burning.

The midlander started sifting through various drawers, inboxes, folders, parchments and more. His eyes were out of focus, and he muttered curses under his breath as he went about his business.

"Ruttin' bastard melted m'patas... equipment request form... where's the equipment request form...."

He blinked as he picked up a note, read it over, and snorted. He dropped it back onto the desktop and continued to rifle through a veritable mountain of paperwork.

"Ah, here we go... quill, where's a qu- oh. Inkwell... right. Okay. 'Dear Quartermaster Who Never Furnished Me with a Sergeant's Uniform: Go Suck Morbol Toxin.' Aye, that'll do...."

He finished filling out the required fields, inked his signature across the bottom, dropped the quill, and headed right back out the door, all in a rush. He'd come to like those patas, gods damn it.

Ruttin' Ifrit. Ruttin' bastard.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) - Erik Mynhier - 07-30-2014

Erik sat for a time, going over his next ten steps. If there was a child he needed to know. He may have been stupid, but he had respected her letter, never going after her, but a child. That was another matter. He had lost Lenna early, but found her again. Despite the time missed, it was relatively small, and now together they were close as thieves. But this other child, so much time lost. Beyond the personal aspect was another more pressing side, Ombre knew of them, so others did to. This child would be a target, if they weren't already. He stood, flexing away the last of the stiffness away, twinging from his side and leg. Raising his finger to his ear he spoke into his pearl, "Montblanc.... Tell Osric we will leave tonight.... Ready the Falcon."

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) - Erik Mynhier - 07-30-2014

forced to stop for reasons.