Hydaelyn Role-Players
Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Made weak by time and fate.... (open - OOC feedback welcomed/needed)) (/showthread.php?tid=7695)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-19-2014

Erik did not even look up from his drink. He only spoke softly as he spoke to Yangh, "He says that he apologizes... for some reason. His name is Franz and he wishes to know your name."

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-19-2014

He cleared his throat, making sure any more Ishgardian wouldn't come out. "Sorry. I'll occasionally slip back to Ishgardian if I'm distracted or shocked. It would seem have have been a little of both. I didn't want to interrupt anything." He raised his head to see the miqo'te more clearly. "A pleasure to meet you Miss...I beg your pardon?"

It may not have completely been "him", but with the amount of people in the Quicksand today, and the distinct lack of any who may cause....a heated exchange, Franz could just relax and rely on some of the traits he'd acquired. There would be no reason to fight. No reason to lose control.

A friendly exchange with people would be nice. Especially given what he could expect to come later.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-19-2014

Yangh shook her head in understanding. "Yangh understand, happen all time to Yangh."

She brushed her hair aside, getting a much better look at the Hyur. "Is called Yangh. Pleasure." she said simply, only giving a first name. "What bring Fuhrhanz to Uhl'daah this sun?" she asked innocently.

He'd give the truth, albeit, without some of the finer details. Both had asked why he came to Ul'dah, it must not have been an avoidable question.

"Out of all the cities I've acquainted myself with, Ul'dah seems to be the best match for me." It's full of work for a mercenary, even with an Adventurer's Guild. And previously for another, the Alchemist's Guild and plenty of Allagan ruins to study.

"I can't call the strict and isolated Ishgard a home." Neither could Frhanz Kirche, a Duskwight who's memories and experienced had been echoed upon the Garlean in hiding. Frhanz had left Ishgard to get away from the strict lifestyle while their gates had still been open. Many traits of Frhanz had carried over to the man, such as the Ishgardian, some of his habits, and of course, his given name. Franz could never divulge that to people who didn't already know, however.

"The forest around Gridania would probably try to eat me." While a small trip into the Shroud may be fine. Or going straight to Frhanz's cottage, he felt uncomfortable in the presence of all the elementals. It was as if they knew his secret. And worse, what he was, what he had been, and what he was now.

"And Limsa Lominsa just isn't the place for me. Can't say I've ever been to the city itself." Technically truth. The man sitting before them had never stepped into La Noscea. At least, not that he would have remembered.

Naturally, the gloam around Mor'Dhona gave most people aethersickness. Many would not choose to live there, so he could omit it. And of course, it wasn't as if he could tell these people he was a Garlean. Thrown out of Garlemald proper, as a failed experiment. One could say he finally had a handle on his life, due to some recent events, and he planned to keep it that way.

"I may have only been here a few moons, but there are still many things I don't know, including the people." He gave a friendly smile to Erik and Yangh. Hopefully thy'd believe him.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-19-2014

Yangh giggled lightly as his answer, hints of half truths but she neither cared nor pried into another's business.

She took another sip before speaking. "Yangh also like Uhl'daah... not as much as Yangh like Sagolii but Ulh'daah is where need be. Yangh visit Eshgardhe once, as before snow, hills green. Many moon's ago... not think Yangh would like so much these sun. Yangh like heat!" she said happily. "Fuhrhanze ever visit Sagolii?"

"Only but a few times. Most recently, to the Forgotten Springs." 
He thought back in Frhanz's memories of Ishgard. The man had never gone to Ishgard, let alone anywhere in Coerthas after the Calamity. He couldn't imagine it covered in snow.

Looking to Erik now, "and you? What do you think of this city?" Franz was unaware of Erik's work, or any of those he normally associated with.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-20-2014

"Ul'dah is my adopted home." he paused, glancing at Yangh wondering if had told her this story. "I moved here about twenty years ago." Sipping his drink he continues, "I have been in service to the city for the entirety of the time." he said as he popped the collar of his uniform with his free hand.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-20-2014

Yangh canted her head, sipping at her wine delicately as she listened in on the story. Erik didn't know... most people didn't either, but Yangh knew a lot about many people that frequented the Quicksand... even Ul'dah in general.

She wasn't always just a Priestess, after all.

She played along just the same. "Ah! Ehreek not born and raise in Uhl'daah?" she asked.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-20-2014

He listened to the story intently. It was nice to have met someone who wasn't born and raised in the city they were in. Comforting. While he certainly could recall a childhood, it wasn't Franz's. 

But there was some business he would need to attend to later. Using a moment of opportunity, he stood up. "I'd like to thank the two of you for the company, and allowing me to take part. May we meet again, under similar circumstances." 

Walking to a nearby server, he handed some gil and pointed to the table. He would pay the cost of the drinks and snacks. He gave Erik and Yangh a short bow, and left the Quicksand.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-20-2014

Erik watched the man go, a strange man. His mind returned to the issues at hand as he suddenly felt light-headed.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-20-2014

Yangh watched the male Franz leave, dipping her head lightly, not too deeply of course, he was male after all.

She returned her attention to Erik, noting the subtle change in his demeanour and body language.

"Hm... Ehreek is well? Not look well... Yangh can help?" she asked with a light lash of her tail.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-21-2014

Lowering his head to the table, Erik let the Quicksand spin about him. He had not had much at all to drink to this point. He heard Yangh, but it seemed like she spoke from down the stretch of some long hall. He wondered when the last time it was he had slept a night through, or eaten.... yes. He had eaten with Kiht's clan not but a night before, was that a night ago? His days seemed to bleed together. And sleep, when was that? The cart ride out of Ishgard, he slept well among the dead, something ironic to that he was sure. He would have to think on it more when he had more sense.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-22-2014

Yangh pursed her lips, parting them soon after to click her tongue.

"Yangh think... Ehreek need sleep, food, drink... maybe female in few days. Ehreek not be at quicksand..." she said sighing and facing him, leaning forward to get a batter look.

"Mhm? Will accept? Or will Yangh bash over head and after tall Highlander dragged to room?" she said with a smile, brushing her hair back with a hand, adopting a motherly posture.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Erik Mynhier - 07-22-2014

Erik began to lose himself, leaning into Yangh as he lost his balance. Losing conciseness, the last thing he saw was the ceiling of the Quicksand.

RE: Made weak by time and fate.... (open) - Yangh - 07-22-2014

Yangh yelped lightly, struggling to hold the man up... and ultimately failing in that respect. She just managed to steady him back in his seat, looking around for anyone sympathetic enough to help her.

"Menphina-uma Thabetna..." she sighed looking to Momodi. "Ah... Mohmohdee have room for Ehreek? Yangh pay..." she asked softly, awaiting Momodi's approval.

Yangh dragged Erik from his stool with the help of a passerby, ungracefully pushing him onto the bed with a great deal of effort. She looked down at him for a moment, she couldn't leave him in such a state by himself, luckily for him, she was a Priestess, love and kindness are the creed she practices.

She removed his clothing, tucking him in under the cover with great difficulty, leaving a moment later and returning with food, drink, a large bowl of water and several flannels. She plunged the first of many flannels into the cold water, wringing it lightly then wiping the man's face down as she made herself comfortable at his side, draping the wet flannel to his forehead.

She settled in for the night.

"Laila se'eda wa ahlaam ladida, Ehreek." she uttered softly.