Hydaelyn Role-Players
Love on the Sands - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Love on the Sands (/showthread.php?tid=7685)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Love on the Sands - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-16-2014

"You wake up in a cold room dark room, the chill of a metal collar around your neck. Not again, what horrors will you be ordered to do under it's influence. What evils will you be forced to do. What...

Suddenly the room flickers into light, and a voice crackles to life. "Hello friends, who's ready to fall in love?"

Love on the sands is a tongue and cheek, and very silly one shot RP that will take place after the conclusion of the Blood on the sands episode two. A crazed man, mind full of romances between Eorzea's heroes has gotten a hold of, and modified Jin'li's slave collars. It will be a very silly night of contests, awkwardness and hopefully lots of blushing. The participants will have to complete a series of tasks as couples in order to remove their collars, or die! (not really).

No specific details yet, but it will be IC, and I'm hoping to get people to participate. Once I get the names (hopefully). I'll put them in the thread. For the first challenge the participants will have to compete in a pair, and I'll invite people in this forum to send me a PM shipping the participants, which will give the teams for the first challenge.

It will probably be on a saturday or Sunday, but as I said everything is up in the air. As for concerns, it will be a firmly PG event, no one would be asked to do anything worse than a peck on the cheek, and even stuff like that will be completely consensual.

It's open to anyone who is interested, so feel free to ask questions, tell me it's stupid/dumb, or say you want to participate. It will probably be 3-4 weeks until it happens, but I'm playing it by ear.

Interested Persons (Burgerocity follows the name)
Kage Kiryuu 10
Unnamed Merc 10
Aya Foxheart(maybe)
Obsidian Hornet 10
Warren Castille 11
Hiro Ayami 6
Mahvashi
Askier (Maybe)
C'Kayah 0 or 5
Coatleque Crofte
Andrea Jackson 4
Erik Mynhier
Berrod Armstrong 16
Mae 3
Oscare Iono 12
Roen's Highlander 3

edit: One more thing. One of the contests will involve a special stat. So for each of your character please give me a number that represents the theoretical number of mcdonalds dollar menu cheeseburgers they could eat in a single sitting if you took them to one in real life. This should be an average, so don't pick a number they could only eat if they were starving.

This statistic will be known as Burgerocity.

For example Natalie's Burgerocity (though sadly I'll be playing an alt instead of having her there) is 6.

RE: Love on the Sands - Kage - 07-16-2014

Kage is doomed....

I was hoping we would go back to truth or Dare beach days

RE: Love on the Sands - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-16-2014

What could possibly go wrong....I'll sign up

RE: Love on the Sands - Warren Castille - 07-16-2014

Interesting, but I'm keeping my damn mouth shut.

Someome quick close the thread

RE: Love on the Sands - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-16-2014

(07-16-2014, 01:19 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Interesting, but I'm keeping my damn mouth shut.

You know you want to~

Beyond just romance, it should be a good way to get to meet people. You might get partnered with someone you'd never RP with usually, and maybe make friends with them long term.

(07-16-2014, 01:22 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(07-16-2014, 01:19 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Interesting, but I'm keeping my damn mouth shut.

You know you want to~

Beyond just romance, it should be a good way to get to meet people. You might get partnered with someone you'd never RP with usually, and maybe make friends with them long term.

What I want is irrelevant. It does seem like a fun, no-thought-required event, though.

RE: Love on the Sands - Aya - 07-16-2014

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm O.O

Maybe...

Sounds like a lot of fun ^_^

It's almost like the masquerade but with nefarious-silly-whatchamacallits in the way!

I swear to the Twelve if people put merc and Kage together it's going to become non-canon :<

RE: Love on the Sands - Whittledown - 07-16-2014

I may be able to volunteer Skiazo Dornier for this Big Grin Looks like it could be a good time.

RE: Love on the Sands - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-16-2014

To be clear, the collars don't explode, they just release a super stinky alchemical substance. The idea is less that it's forced, but more that just putting up with the crazed shippers craziness for a few hours will be the least annoying (And smelly) way out of the situation.

The guy is crazed. Not evil? Or malicious?

.... Kage would definitely go along then ; ;

RE: Love on the Sands - Hiro - 07-16-2014

Seems amusing; at minimum I'd be amused spectating :3

So people volunteer in this thread, hypothetically speaking, and then once a list is formed the community's going to pair people up?

Or people pair them up by PMs?

I think that's how it goes.

RE: Love on the Sands - Whittledown - 07-16-2014

Y'know what, to hell with it. Skiazo, you're out. Hornet's in. Let's get weird.