Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings! (/showthread.php?tid=7661)

Greetings! - Yune - 07-14-2014

It has been quite a few years since I've been on a forum, so this will be an interesting experience.

I'm a recent addition to the Balmung server after spending a couple months of off-and-on play over on Midgardsormr. It was fun for awhile, but then my living situation changed, and with it, came really poor internet that had--unbelievably--a data limit. So on the late nights I could actually come on, I would see the few friends I had there speed on past me to end game content, having little-to-no time to interact with me at all. It may sound whinny, but I'm not a veteran MMO player, and I was hoping that Realm Reborn would be a great social experience for me. I play at a very casual pace, and though I would really like to see the late-game content, I'd rather take my time and enjoy the game and the people in it.

So, I looked up the best social servers in the game when I considered a move, and Balmung came up repeatedly. The roleplay aspect is what also sold it for me. >^.^<

A little about me... I've been into RP for about 20 years now, all starting with this strange pencil and paper game called "Champions". lol That soon swept into D&D, and I was hooked ever since. Text-based RP has also been a passion of mine for 15 of those years, and I started on some long-gone forum called ffx-2.net. Sadly, many of those years were marred by the newer generations coming in who liked to label anyone who wrote more than 1-2 solid paragraphs a long-winded loser/elitist who had no writing skill at all because they couldn't "say more with less"... I'm a long winded writer. I LOVE writing. Character creation and world-building are two great passions of mine, so I have quite a few projects on the side that I work on here and there.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this fantastic community where it seems everyone actually appreciates creativity and dedication. I hope to make many friends, and watch our characters and beloved plots thrive and grow. >^.^<

RE: Greetings! - C'kayah Polaali - 07-14-2014

Welcome, Yune! I'm glad to see you here!

RE: Greetings! - Zhavi - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 05:34 PM)Yune Wrote: A little about me... I've been into RP for about 20 years now, all starting with this strange pencil and paper game called "Champions". lol That soon swept into D&D, and I was hooked ever since. Text-based RP has also been a passion of mine for 15 of those years, and I started on some long-gone forum called ffx-2.net. Sadly, many of those years were marred by the newer generations coming in who liked to label anyone who wrote more than 1-2 solid paragraphs a long-winded loser/elitist who had no writing skill at all because they couldn't "say more with less"... I'm a long winded writer. I LOVE writing. Character creation and world-building are two great passions of mine, so I have quite a few projects on the side that I work on here and there.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this fantastic community where it seems everyone actually appreciates creativity and dedication. I hope to make many friends, and watch our characters and beloved plots thrive and grow. >^.^<

Oh man. I tend to pick one or two places and stick with them, so I don't get out and about the wider web that often -- but I do occasionally flit about just to see what's out there. I didn't even realize there are people out there who look down upon those who write more than one or two paragraphs! I've seen many a forum with minimum word requirements (requiring anywhere from five sentences to a 'x' amount of words per post) -- but never one with penalties (social or otherwise) for wanting to write a lot! Say it ain't so!

...I don't even know what to say. No, I do. Should you rp with me, feel content in knowing that I like words. I like a little amount of words, and I like so many words that they overflow the screen (or forum post). I will always treasure big posts (as much as I treasure short quippy ones <3). Long live the wordsmith!

And welcome to the RPC, may our paths cross and the wordflow begin. Big Grin

RE: Greetings! - Aya - 07-14-2014

This sounds amazing! Welcome to Balmung, I hope we get to meet in-game!

RE: Greetings! - Vali - 07-14-2014

Welcome to Balmung, and to the forums

RE: Greetings! - Knave - 07-14-2014

Welcome, fellow Midgardsormr player! Big Grin

RE: Greetings! - Yune - 07-14-2014

Thank you for the kind welcome, everyone. >^.^<

I hope to meet each of you in game whenever Fate determines our paths should cross. And, ah! Another Midgardsormr player? I wonder if we've met? I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't though, as my characters were so lame and solitary. lol I may just move one or two of them over here to make Balmung their home though, as their potential over there is utterly wasted.

RE: Greetings! - Faye - 07-14-2014

Hey, Yune! Welcome to Balmung and the RPC, it's good to have you here! Big Grin I'm happy to chat or role-play anytime, so feel free to approach or send me a /tell if you see me around.

RE: Greetings! - Yune - 07-15-2014

(07-14-2014, 07:27 PM)Faye Wrote: Hey, Yune! Welcome to Balmung and the RPC, it's good to have you here! Big Grin I'm happy to chat or role-play anytime, so feel free to approach or send me a /tell if you see me around.

It would be great to meet you guys in game. >^.^<
Only... Well, how many people here prefer to keep names turned off so that everyone remains a true stranger until you've become close enough to recognize them on sight? lol Currently, I don't have names up so I can actually "meet" people when approached, makes for more genuine introductions in my opinion. lol

So, if I don't run up or /wave if you happen to see me, it's likely because I don't have names to guide me. ^_^;;

Also, profile for the wiki is coming along slowly, but surely.