Hydaelyn Role-Players
ZAM BFF Report - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ZAM BFF Report (/showthread.php?tid=759)

Pages: 1 2

ZAM BFF Report - Freyar - 09-29-2010

While the guy is humorous to watch and I enjoy his discussions, this one seemed a bit off at least on the first half.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zam.com/bffreport.html?bffreport=41">http://www.zam.com/bffreport.html?bffreport=41</a><!-- m -->

I wonder if there's any MMO that he really likes.

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Asyria - 09-29-2010

What I'm wondering about is how can anyone pretend to do a Review of a game with what seems to be open beta content and only the first few minutes of play?
He even starts saying "I'm using a controller cause I heard the mouse is terrible". Way to give his own impressions. o_O
He looks and sounds like he's just trying to be interesting. And show off his teeth.

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Freyar - 09-29-2010

The guy is funny to watch on occasions, though he certainly should stay away from calling his stuff "reviews".

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Asytra - 09-29-2010

Yeeeah... I retracted what I was going to originally post.

It is painfully obvious he was reviewing the beta, mostly because he's been wanting to post that video for about two months now and couldn't because of NDA.

What upset me the most is that he rips the game to shreds while it's in a beta state and does so without any disclaimer at the beginning that its a beta. Yet somehow the APB beta received two glowing videos by him and well... we all know where that game ended.

Yes Fony, we get it, the game is too deep for you but perhaps be a bit more of a journalist if you're going to do reviews, ne?

Also I don't understand why 50% of his video is him running. Yes, there is a lot of running right now, yet multiple fast travel options are coming... yet he mentions none of this.

I feel like I'm being a bit of a fangirl but people watch his videos to see if they should check out a game or not and this video is so woefully inaccurate it makes you feel a bit.... Frustrated

I also don't get all the grumbling about the copied terrain pieces... I've only really noticed it on those overpass things in Gridania but.. I mean really... so WoW gets a free pass for all the dozens of identical cave structures? Every inn and town building the same damn building, or a reskin in the case of Duskfall?

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Kashemia - 09-29-2010

Wow, that guy get easily annoyed. I totally agree that he shouldn't be calling it reviews, cause it seem to be almost a sport in being pure negative. It seem to be a trend with "reviews" lately, the more negative you can be, the better.
It can be entertaining, but it's not very accurate, and personally, I think it's getting a bit old. Especially when it's not even a finished game, the mouse for instance has been fixed, and I've never had to beat that long on the... Jelly-things in the beginning...

It wasn't very informative or accurate at all, it really just seemed to be mainly about showing exactly how annoyed you can get at a game for minor things and exactly how little patience you have. Instead of complaining about the run, how about actually enjoying it, enjoying the really nice graphics?
So many people today expect instant gratification, huge explotions and what not, all the time.

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Satisiun - 09-29-2010

Kashemia Wrote:Wow, that guy get easily annoyed. I totally agree that he shouldn't be calling it reviews, cause it seem to be almost a sport in being pure negative.

In other words, he's a Yahtzee/Zero Punctuation knock-off, lesser quality and all?

Works for me. That just saved me a few precious minutes of not watching. Laugh Good thing, since I'm now almost an hour late from going to get groceries.

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Asytra - 09-29-2010

Satisiun Wrote:
Kashemia Wrote:Wow, that guy get easily annoyed. I totally agree that he shouldn't be calling it reviews, cause it seem to be almost a sport in being pure negative.

In other words, he's a Yahtzee/Zero Punctuation knock-off, lesser quality and all?

Works for me. That just saved me a few precious minutes of not watching. Laugh Good thing, since I'm now almost an hour late from going to get groceries.

Yahtzee makes it a point to be entertaining, though. He's pretty clear that his reviews are meant to be taken as such. He also is actually fairly spot on when a game is bad over which technical points make the game bad.

I enjoyed some of Fony's earlier reviews but he strikes me as someone that doesn't appreciate the little things. I mean hell... the man reviewed Minecraft and DIDN'T get addicted? He must be a Cylon. Cactuar

Yeah... I don't think his APB videos were "glowing", but they basically showed a kind of "it had promise" perspective. I take BFF's position with a grain of salt.

I've never played Minecraft.

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Kashemia - 09-29-2010

Satisiun Wrote:In other words, he's a Yahtzee/Zero Punctuation knock-off, lesser quality and all?

That was exactly my thought when I saw it, yeah ^^ Just as Asytra said, at least Zero Punctuation is at least somewhat entertaining, this was basically just the guy running around, being annoyed that he had to run.

Apparently, liking things makes you uncool. So... You guys suck :afro: Cool

Re: ZAM BFF Report - shotgunbadger - 09-29-2010

Yea at least when Yahtzee dumps on the games I like he does it in a funny way, this was just "AAAAAAH WHY AM I MOVING THIS IS TERRIBLE EFF THIS".

Speaking of Zero Punctuation.

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Kejira - 09-29-2010

Been following him for about a year now hes so cool ^-^

Freyar Wrote:Speaking of Zero Punctuation.

ohhh pi..... grimy threes Jam Coming out of the walls

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Tadir - 09-29-2010

I love zero punctuation.

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Zason - 09-29-2010

Dear gods, why have I not watched these before?!

Re: ZAM BFF Report - Therese - 09-29-2010

Zason Wrote:Dear gods, why have I not watched these before?!

The ZAM BFF or Zero Punctuation? xD