Hydaelyn Role-Players
If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: If mixed race was an option what would you be? (/showthread.php?tid=7429)

Pages: 1 2 3

If mixed race was an option what would you be? - 岡本 秀樹 - 06-22-2014

I was just scrolling through reddit and heard about Lilisette who was a mix raced character in FFXI. I for a split second thought dreamed about SE implementing mixed races into FFXIV but I rather quickly realized how unlikely it is that that would ever happen. Too much work and they have no real reason to. Regardless! If this was a option (Let me dream) What would you roll or be interested in seeing? I imagine the offspring would be the same race as the mother with traits of the fathers race. So them other would be like the dominant race and the father the secondary in the offspring. (As I imagine it would be a little difficult for a lalafell F to have a roe baby otherwise.)

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - allgivenover - 06-22-2014

Midlander Hyur/Duskwight Elezen.

Yeah, half-elf. Perhaps cliche but I've always loved them.

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - 岡本 秀樹 - 06-22-2014

(06-22-2014, 10:16 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Midlander Hyur/Duskwight Elezen.

Well I mean half elves exist for a reason. More exotic than humans/elves alone right?
Oh geez! I just started thinking! If there were hybrid races implemented... How many races would there be? more than 12 I know...

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Meghatron - 06-22-2014

Heck, even cross-clan within the races would be nice! But Highlander Hyur/Roegadyn would certainly be something to see.

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Tiergan - 06-22-2014

I second Highlander/Roe mix!

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Ragnar - 06-23-2014

I'm pretty sure a Roe/Highlander mix would just be a giant muscle.

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - 岡本 秀樹 - 06-23-2014

I saw this mix a lot on reddit. Miqo'te/lalafell anyone? I feel like a roe/lala mix would make a really really buff roe midgit which would look absolutely hilarious. I am a big fan of half elves and kitty cats :/ I wonder how elf/kitty would be? Or lawl, go further down the road and half elf/kitty. Although I know square would never let us do that. Tongue

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Mercurias - 06-23-2014

Lalafell/Roegadyn.

Tiny, burly, and surly result of a Wailord-on-Skitty romance.

If you did duskwight/keeper of the moon. Does that make them double the dark?

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Rosekitten - 06-23-2014

Given that each race lore wise has some enhanced abilities.. (i'd assume Miq'ote having cat like eyes and all)

It could prove interesting to combine some of the races with the ability to see in the dark or have different eyes or better hearing abilities. Though on that note i'm not sure what mix I would be personally. Though I'd have to go with the over used one of half elf.

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Dogberry - 06-23-2014

(06-22-2014, 10:16 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Midlander Hyur/Duskwight Elezen.

Half-Elf powah! I've had a soft spot for Half-Elves ever since I played in a D&D campaign with an original setting that included Half-Elves as being a unique ethnicity, where originally elves and humans bred, but for the last several generations they were predominantly half-elves breeding with half-elves. They were repressed by nearby elven and human governments, and my character was "knighted" as a paladin of Corellon the night before a political demonstration that became extremely violent and forced him to leave the country. I loved playing that character so much.

So yeah. half-elves, please. Also I'd love to see a Lala'qote. Tiny little cat thing. I picture it looking like a Samurai Pizza Cat.

GUYS I JUST HAD A MAGNIFICENT IDEA! A Chocobo/Lalafell/Roe/Miqo'te/Half Elf HYBRID!

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Kage - 06-23-2014

I would have loved a Lala'qote.

Honestly though, I'd be pretty interested in Highlander/Miqo'te. I think it'd be interesting and hopefully would open up male highlander facial structures >.>

RE: If mixed race was an option what would you be? - Berrod Armstrong - 06-23-2014

(06-22-2014, 10:26 PM)Meghatron Wrote: Heck, even cross-clan within the races would be nice! But Highlander Hyur/Roegadyn would certainly be something to see.
Yes, yes, and yes. Highlander Hyur mixed with either clan of Roegadyn.

So um... No Choco/lala/miqo'te/roe/half elf hybrids?...