Hydaelyn Role-Players
Who would be your character's voice actor? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Who would be your character's voice actor? (/showthread.php?tid=7373)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Kage - 06-14-2014

When I think about Kage i hear Miyano Mamoru's voice. Specifically his role as Fubuki shirou from Inazuma Eleven.

The freezing gray haired guy

[youtube]fpaJZfvALXs[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - LandStander - 06-14-2014

I always emote Denn having a deep and thunderous voice. The only voice I think comes close to it is. 

[youtube]gey4MNgteK4[/youtube]

And Cyrinius of course would be...

[youtube]n54RJNS5aFw[/youtube]

I originally thought of him using the more feminine voice in the later Dynasty Warrior games, but decided to deepen it up a little more.

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - K'nahli - 06-14-2014

Nice topic (^^) I'll try to contribute asap.

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - TheLastCandle - 06-14-2014

Good English voice for Kendha'to, courtesy of Ciel. Troy Baker.

"..Bring it on!" xD

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Siha - 06-14-2014

Ha ha ha I like his Japanese voice, I always imagine Kendha'to with a deeper voice for some reason. I'll see if I can find something.

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Roswyn - 06-14-2014

I honestly had no idea who would voice Ros but Kayah knows her character pretty well and suggested this Laugh :

[youtube]yj1wWPIaKfo[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Knight Kat - 06-14-2014

Okay..... Here goes. TheLastCandle actually chose this voice for Kiht, and I think it's perfect. Regardless of whether or not people think the voice matches the character in the series, I think it does match Kiht pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9tgsrh3Ug

I guess the VA's name is Trina Nishimura.

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - TheLastCandle - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 07:12 PM)Knight Kat Wrote: Okay..... Here goes. TheLastCandle actually chose this voice for Kiht, and I think it's perfect. Regardless of whether or not people think the voice matches the character in the series, I think it does match Kiht pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9tgsrh3Ug

I guess the VA's name is Trina Nishimura.

And I stand by it! I think it fits her perfectly.

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - U'roh Tia - 06-14-2014

I'd tend to envision quite a bit for Roh. But after alot of thinking I had to settle upon Kyle Herbert.
He has the confident voice that I envision for the Miqo.

Also Known as:
The one and only Kamina:
[youtube]tVJL4orS9zI[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Ciel - 06-14-2014

Okay, well here's mine for Ciel.  Kikuko Inoue, who has played the voice of Belldandy in Ah My Goddess, and I-No in Guilty Gear.  A great, mature-sounding voice, and she has a stellar singing voice.

[youtube]wdYJDdjhJNM[/youtube]

[youtube]nHtnt2LlTg8[/youtube]

Edit: As English voice actresses go that's a tougher one.  Kind of leaning toward Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, who voiced Rosso the Crimson in Dirge of Cerberus, Motoko Kusanagi in GiTS, and actually sings quite well.  The drawback is her singing voice is just a little bit deeper than what I had envisioned for Ciel, but there are plenty of other options there.  Sharon den Adel from Within Temptation?

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - naachyan - 06-14-2014

This is going to be my favorite thread.

For anyone who hasn't seen the link on Mylene's wiki. Here's a voice clip of Japanese voice actress Kayano Ai, which I feel Myl would sound like, (if she were an anime character, at least) specifically at 40 seconds:

http://youtu.be/MosHQKa37ps?t=40s

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Aya - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 02:57 PM)Pumpkinweed Wrote:
(06-14-2014, 02:12 PM)Aya Wrote: I'm actually kind of curious who other people would think Aya's voice sounds like.. I haven't really thought about it myself, though to get her accent right you'd need a French speaker, and I do not know many French actresses..

Marion Cotillard[youtube]Blwh5oG-HdE[/youtube]

(06-14-2014, 03:18 PM)C Wrote:
(06-14-2014, 02:12 PM)Aya Wrote: I'm actually kind of curious who other people would think Aya's voice sounds like.. I haven't really thought about it myself, though to get her accent right you'd need a French speaker, and I do not know many French actresses..
Why, Anne Parillaud, of course!
[youtube]64la0fbwJpU[/youtube]

But perhaps that's because I've always pictured C'kayah as voiced by Jean Reno...
[youtube]QhvPt_SvbY4[/youtube]

Oh Gus! I like that suggestion, but I think I like C'kayah's even better ^_^ so wonderful, thank you guys!

And Jean Reno... Oh là là...

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Kage - 06-15-2014

Now I'm curious as to who people hear when they think of Kage's voice @_@

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Aya - 06-15-2014

(06-15-2014, 12:37 AM)ExKage Wrote: Now I'm curious as to who people hear when they think of Kage's voice @_@
I don't have any particular voice in mind, but I always imagined Kage having a sort of sonorous and confident voice (for a Lalafel) that belied the lack of confidence he so often publicly shows.

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Wakalaka - 06-15-2014

This is a pretty brilliant question, and it stumped me when it first came up. But I finally hit on it and I think Waka's voice pretty much belongs to Jayma Mays. Yes, yes, the inimitable Emma Pillsbury on Glee or Debbie on The Millers. Just something about the pure, almost innocence of her voice. And her laugh. Totally Waka Big Grin

Oh, and bonus Craigy Ferg on this video because he's brilliant and if someone doesn't sound like him already, hopefully this will inspire someone Smile
[youtube]kOEgRKJ7hsw[/youtube]