Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kudos! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Kudos! (/showthread.php?tid=7324)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Kudos! - Faye - 07-11-2014

There are about a bajillion people I could thank for my time as a whole in FFXIV so, uh, we'll keep this recent!

First of all, thanks to everyone who's attended our tavern night so far! Every week has been a success and super fun! Thanks for supporting us and helping to get some entertaining role-playing going on in the Mist.

I'd also like to the my FC for being super awesome people in general, and more specifically for helping out with tavern night and suggesting some other great ideas we can hopefully implement soon!

Another thanks to Gus Pumpkinweed because even though I sadly haven't been able to attend any of his events yet, he's super polite and kind, a great RPer who has a Lalafell so adorable I want to cry, and a wonderful person all around bringing more RP to this server.

And lastly I suppose I should thank Val Nunh. Thank you for being my constant companion, RP partner, and friend, and bringing me up when I'm feeling discouraged. He's all around a pretty swell guy with fantastic writing and interesting characters!

RE: Kudos! - Erik Mynhier - 07-11-2014

(07-09-2014, 11:31 AM)Askier Wrote: Also, Erik Mynhier, was a blast to rp with again and kudos for having so much stuff thrown rapid fire at you last night IC wise and running with it so well. Thrilled to have you back. (P.S. you haven't made the women of Ul'dah weep yet have you? :p )
Yes, I cut his hair, I did it IC so there's no going back. lol

Now KUDOS!

Kahn'a - For being the god among men he is. And such humility, you make me miss Europe mon ami.

Askierv- For being the most creative man I have ever met, and for being my friend.

Saravena - For helping out more then anyone would ask.

Siha - For being my besty.

Coatleque - Being exciting at RP

Aya - For letting me try something different RP wise in this game, and for putting up with the puppy.

Kiht - For being my IC hero.

This whole damn community! - Do you even know how special you are?

RE: Kudos! - Aya - 07-11-2014

So glad you're back Erik! ^_^

I miss you Coatleque!  Stay safe... as safe as you can anyway miss Paladin!

RE: Kudos! - Val - 07-11-2014

I haven't really given this thread any attention, but.. man. Thank you everyone that decided to speak so highly of me. Words can't at all describe how much I truly appreciate it =)

As for myself, I'd like to certainly thank the new members of the FC I'm in for being incredibly kind and quality people. It's always nice to bump into those with like-minded interests and goals.

I'd also like to thank Brorod Berrod Armstrong for being the bestinest friend ever.  He's managed to offer invaluable advice and stick around and involve interesting stories and RP for my characters through two MMOs now. He still remains to be one of my favorite combat RP partners, even though he and Val have only tussled a handful of times. He also continued to push me when I felt down about several aspects of the game and helped me to find a treasure trove of wonderful RPers and friends.

I'd also like to thank Kiht Jakkya for being incredibly kind and accepting Cyrus into the Ishgardian plot. I'm looking forward to all the great RP to come of it!

Qaeli Varily for doing everything she can to ensure I'm having a great PvE experience. She has remained a wonderful friend since early Grindstone days and I'm really not sure I'd have much drive to do any PvE content at this point without her.

Also, a shout out to Yangh Linh for simply walking up to and continuing to bring Val into her story. She's been a blast to RP with and has been an absolutely wonderful addition to Val's overall character. Along with her I'd like to think the Rendevouz LS and FC for accepting me in as well. I would not have met any of you if not for Yangh, and I'm thoroughly glad that I did. I'm incredibly excited to see where the plotline takes Val!

And last but certainly not least, I'd like to thank Faye Covington. She's stuck with me through quite a bit in the incredibly long time we've known one another and has been a constantly faithful companion and friend through multiple MMOs as well. In fact if it were not for her I'd have never bought XIV to begin with. She constantly encourages me to try things I'd have never tried before and is a constant fountain of absolutely quality RP and idle conversation. I quite simply couldn't find better RP partner if I tried.

RE: Kudos! - Whittledown - 07-11-2014

To Renaud Becquerel: You manned up and did what you had to do. Booting someone out of an FC is never easy but you stuck to your guns and gave Hornet the heave-ho. It was a fantastic scene!

RE: Kudos! - Warren Castille - 07-11-2014

Kudos to you both for setting me up and giving the shipping thread a reason to exist.

You bastards.

RE: Kudos! - Kage - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 02:46 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Kudos to you both for setting me up and giving the shipping thread a reason to exist.

You bastards.

What whaaaat!?

Kudos to Xydane. You have now made Kage wear a collared leash for being the xth kidnap/hostage/attack attempt... Kage's never gonna be let out again ; ;

RE: Kudos! - Askier - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 02:48 PM)ExKage Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 02:46 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Kudos to you both for setting me up and giving the shipping thread a reason to exist.

You bastards.

What whaaaat!?

Kudos to Xydane. You have now made Kage wear a collared leash for being the xth kidnap/hostage/attack attempt... Kage's never gonna be let out again ; ;
*Looks over list of people in Ul'dah who now have some form of collar around their neck and blinks*

I apparently started a trend when I collared Osric.....

RE: Kudos! - Kage - 07-11-2014

Kage's is more like a child leash

RE: Kudos! - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 04:16 PM)ExKage Wrote: Kage's is more like a child leash

It's ok. We'll hold your hand when you cross the street too. At least it isn't visible.

RE: Kudos! - Melkire - 07-13-2014

Kudos again to Askier, this time for organizing the event that resulted in what must have been the largest PC vs PC fight in Balmung's roleplay history (that I know of, anyway). Exiles finale came close but involved NPCs. This... this was...

Well, look for yourself. 

With Nameplates and HUD

[Image: JDbnEzU.jpg]

Without Nameplates or HUD

[Image: Cm2XYC7.jpg]

What you can't see are the small detachments that were fighting at the Gate of Thal.

RE: Kudos! - Oscare - 07-13-2014

Kudos to Askier for the event and big kudos to Aya, Osric, and Khan'a for making it ever so even more interesting for Oscare. You guys drove this from "just a mission" to an emotional and personal task. :D

RE: Kudos! - Kage - 07-13-2014

You mean like this?

[Image: z6Na1ab.jpg]

RE: Kudos! - Erik Mynhier - 07-13-2014

Kudos to Askier and Kahn'a! Crazy fun event guys. And Kudos to Field Surgeon Natalie for making removal of a bullet so dramaful.

RE: Kudos! - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-13-2014

As others have said it was pretty fun tonight!

Here is a pick of the two groups glaring at each other before it devolved into a general melee.

[Image: Yq1rXan.jpg]

Thanks to all who helped put it together, I really like that you made an event that felt really focused, but still flexible enough that basically anyone in the community could join in.