Hydaelyn Role-Players
Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community (/showthread.php?tid=7301)

Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Masao - 06-03-2014

Hi all,

I together with 2 friends have just bought FF14: ARR. As I heard that this forum's RP community is the most thriving in all over the game, I immediately want to post a greetings here as we are also wanting to try roleplaying in an MMO. As for our roleplaying experience we thankfully have had some tabletop roleplaying as well as Round-robin storywriting before, but we are completely new to the concept of reolplaying inside an MMO RPG. So please do give us guidance, as well as a chance to take part in the community.

Hope to get to know you all,

Masao Gen

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Roen - 06-03-2014

Heya Masao!  Welcome!

If you enjoy RP through tabletop, AND have also written stories before, I think you will adapt to MMO RPing just fine.

And feel free to post questions here too. People here are very friendly and welcoming.

I know someone hopefully will post some links to lore and guidelines and all that...

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Masao - 06-03-2014

Hi, thanks a lot for your early reply Big Grin

Hope I can integrate well!

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Melodia - 06-03-2014

Hello! Welcome! *bows courteously* Glad to have you on Balmung. Smile

*Wave hand eagerly

Nice to meet you!

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Warren Castille - 06-03-2014

Consider posting on this board as well so people who mesh with your style and time zone can find you!

Welcome aboard. Trick tell your friends they're welcome here too!

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - FreelanceWizard - 06-03-2014

Welcome!

You may want to read the Role-Play Handbook written by a long-time MMO RPer. I'm sure it covers a lot of things you already know, but it also covers the typical norms of MMO RP and some specific aspects of the XIV setting. It's a good read for those new to the MMO RP world. Smile

Will do, thanks heaps Big Grin

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Jancis - 06-04-2014

That's great that you've joined with your friends! Makes a great different when role playing and meeting people in cities to have some people to bounce ideas and "wing man" for each other.

Welcome!

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Masao - 06-04-2014

Thankies for all the welcome! Big Grin

I will be sure to post the character profile soon, and tell my friends to do so as well. However as exams are drawing near I most likely wont be able to post it until after 13th Jun Sad

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Aya - 06-04-2014

Welcome to Balmung!!

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - Rinh Hallani - 06-04-2014

Welcome aboard! ^^

RE: Newcomers to Balmung RP Community - vithered - 06-06-2014

Hello Misao and Co, I remember my first foray into MMO-RPGing and it really was one of the most amazing experiences, and that was on WoW. 

My point being, that Final Fantasy is a world seemingly built by RPers FOR RPers and I for one am glad that i am not the only person to force their friends to get a game with them to ensure fun will be had.

Well, I am on Balmung now as well, currently only a lvl 12 GLD heading for PLD-ism. So look me up or give me a whisper(or a shout) if you see me in passing, the names Vaal Redwind, but just call me VI.