Hydaelyn Role-Players
Go for Broke (closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Go for Broke (closed) (/showthread.php?tid=7273)

Go for Broke (closed) - Zhavi - 05-30-2014

((continued from in game rp because timezones, man. Timezones))

Jager Si'kaie was already not one, but two steps ahead of this game. Long before she could even finish that daring smirk, he'd have reached into his shirt to pull out a heavy sack of coins. No one was given the chance to step in, for Jager had interupted A'rhiki's celebratory cheers with the solid thunk of coins. "5000 on the lil' lady with the dangerous smirk." He'd shove Zhavi forward before she could even have a chance to slither out of this one. And by the time she was up against the table, and more specifically, the chair A'rhiki's loser had sat, the crowed was roaring in delight. Now the night was getting interesting. "I don't think they'd be too happy if 5000 left the table, now." He whispers to her playfully. "Your call, I'll be back."

A'rhiki Tia would soon look back up from his bag as he looked across the table to see a familiar face as he smirked and placed his hand against the right side of his face. His elbow pressed against the table. "Ah, We meet again. To what do I owe this pleasure?" He would soon take note of the five thousand gil on the table before looking up and chuckled to her in a playful manner as his yellow eyes grew to a soft glow behind his pupils as he sipped his ale. "I see, you wish to test your luck against me?"

Oh, that smirk didn't waver a hair as Zhi stumbled into the chair. She gripped its back instinctively; her ear swiveled towards Jager's mouth, her head turned slightly to the side. Her eyes didn't leave A'rhiki. She flicked her ear at Jager, her tail hitting his leg with no small amount of force as she pulled the chair out and took a seat. She was known in Her Highness. Not by all present, aye, but enough to keep that broad, stupid grin on her face. "Kink! Oy, Kink!" came a few scattered calls, and a few scattered laughs. She was known more as a proficient drinker than as a proficient gambler; though she'd her share of wins at cards, she was no genius. That was known. Betting immediately skewed towards A'rhiki as people talked, and soon enough the odds were stacked against her. "Hullo again, gadabout," Zhi said, putting her hands down flat on the table and leaning forward. "Heard ye were makin' th'rounds, an' I wanted t'see fer meself what th'fuss was about. Ye were -so- helpful at th'Wench. So here I am." She spread her arms, her smile was warm, but her eyes were cool. She was scoping him out, watching for tells. Standard. She ignored his last question. "What's th'game, then?"

A'rhiki Tia would pick up the dice in the center as he placed five of them in an iron flagon. "Liars Dice." He would smirk as he left the rest of the dice on the table for Zhi to grab. "Five dice, You played before?" He would ask her as he leaned back in his seat stirring his dice slowly inside of the flagon in a teasing manner. This was before he placed about as much gil on the table as he heard correctly, About five thousand in the pot which made a total of ten thousand for winnings.

Jager Si'kaie had stepped off to claim his drink when he heard Liars Dice fill his ears. He'd sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose. No no no, that game could be won with a well paid wench and some bullshit tactics. Silly that it had to be the name of the game where he came from. He'd swing on back towards the table, only this time reaching for a pouch at his left around his belt before tossing that too, up on the table. "Liar's Dice, what are we, kids? I'll not let my coin go to a ladies game." Jager Si'kaie slapped 5000 more down and two notes. "Twenty down on a game of Fortune's Dice. What do you say, kid. 5000 on a game of Liar's or 20 down on real luck?" He'd snicker as he hovered with his mug at the edge of the table.

Zhavi Streetrunner took another drink of her own bottle. She put an elbow up on the table. The crowd didn't know how to react. There were plenty of nasty words aimed at Jager for his insults towards Liars' Dice (a popular game in Her Highness, if not the whole of Limsa Lominsa), while there were also shouts of encouragement for Fortune's Dice. Zhi didn't much react beyond a single "Heh," propping her face up on her hand as she looked back and forth between A'rhiki and Jager.

A'rhiki Tia would soon see the coin on the table, he would look at his earnings today and compare it with the pot on the table. He smirked lightly, a little too sure in himself. "A bit more coin in my pocket wouldn't hurt. I accept your challenge good sir." He would place the entire bag which contained about twenty five thousand gil. "And raise you five grand more." He sat back and awaited their response, as well as rules to the game and such. The crowd cheering in the background as bets were made.

Jager Si'kaie stepped in once more to deliver the two notes as promised to the top of the purse, but held his arms out the side. He physically had 10,000 on him, which was moronic to walk around with as much. Anything over a grand here in Limsa was for a dimwit asking to be robbed; to think Jager had as much as he did, was to wonder what he had up those poofy sleeves of his. "Two sacks, two notes; both good for a total of 20,000. Unfortunately, I don't carry anymore on me." Jager takes off both necklace and bracelet and toss them into the pile. "It's real, test the metal yourself if'n you need. If it's good for you, then we can play. Fortune's Dice is a simple enough game, very little strategy, about eighty percent luck. If this works, I can explain the rules. "He'd reach into his pocket for a pair of dice with different numbers on them "And if you're not comfortable with my own dice, we can accommodate your uneasiness." He crosses his arms and waits.

RE: Go for Broke (closed) - Orasull - 05-30-2014

A'rhiki Tia would soon look to the man holding the dice as he smirked softly as his eyes glow faded to become dark. Sharp even from the slits that are his pupils as he looked to Jager with a cocky smirk. He didn't know why, but he liked his style it's as if he saw everything he could potentially pull. Keeping collected though he closed his eyes before reaching into his flagon and reached for all of his dice before placing them back in his shirt pocket and patted them softly; making sure all of them were accounted for. "Of course I don't mind using a different pair of dice, but this is the first I've heard of Fortune Dice and those dice I see on your person look as foreign as a pink Megalocrab. Pray explain yourself."