Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hai there! I be a new person! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hai there! I be a new person! (/showthread.php?tid=7193)

Hai there! I be a new person! - Kellach Woods - 05-18-2014

So yes. Newness and all that.
I'm usually referred to as Hatman, but lately I've taken to having login names that are just puns that contain the word Hat since the nickname mostly devolves into that anyway.

--MMORPG background
Hoo boy there's a lot. Those I've RPed in though :
- World of Warcraft
- City of Heroes
- Champions Online
- DC Universe Online (yes there is a RP community there)

Those are all the significant ones. I may have RPed elsewhere but it wasn't for long and wasn't that significant.

--RP experience
Any MMO I've played seriously, I've RPed in.

Other than that, I've done forum RP (This is a long shot but any of you remember Neo Etheral Terra? I was on that), I've done e-feds, I've done chat RP (nowhere significant) and various other things. I've done PNP RP (ADND 2nd, 3.5e, Path, 4e. BESM 3rd. ShadowRun 3rd and 4th. Nephilim. WoD (mostly Vampire and Mage, but we threw in a Werewolf/Hunter game or two). Star Wars (d20, Saga) and last but not least a very terribad game of Feng Shui). I've also LARPed for 9 years but I stopped when good fantasy LARPs stopped existing Sad.

--Character ideas/info
I've a few. The only character I've been able to create on Balmung so far is Kellach Woods, a very... "effeminate" MRD (lipstick, pink highlights and stars under his right eye). I don't know much about his story. I just wanted someone who didn't look like a typical Marauder. Originally I wanted to spec into Arcanist/Scholar as well but that's gonna be for later most likely. He is likely to be my main man. He is also a qtπ.

I'll probably have two others in the wings, but I'm still coming up with the concepts beyond race/culture/starting class/looks.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I'm not going to surprise you by saying "I typed in google FFXIV roleplay."

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Ideally, heavy. However I never have the dedication to be a Heavy RPer so I'll say Medium. I want to be in accordance with the lore while still doing subversions. I tend to be a very, very bizarre character creator and this is across all RPs I've played.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Hobbies involve competitive video gaming (fighting games most specifically), pro wrestling (although I'm "retiring" next year), writing (can't say it's my job because I haven't made a living off it).

Also, my first language isn't English.

That's pretty much it, really.

RE: Hai there! I be a new person! - Ragnar - 05-18-2014

Welcome! Always nice to see another face join us on Balmung Big Grin. If you ever see me around, don't be shy, I'm always happy to RP!

RE: Hai there! I be a new person! - Kellach Woods - 05-18-2014

Thanks for the welcome.

I think I just got done establishing my roster on Balmung. Names and looks and all.

So if you see either of :
Kellach Woods (Male Midland)
Solyne Wynn (Female Midland)
Aurimont Balzac (Male Wildwood)
Oblivion Feather (Female Hellguard)

Feel free to hit me up. I have very basic ideas for these characters but most of the stuff will come up in RP rather than not.

RE: Hai there! I be a new person! - Rinh Hallani - 05-21-2014

Welcome to the RPC and Balmung!

RE: Hai there! I be a new person! - Kellach Woods - 05-21-2014

Thanks! I haven't done much RP yet (still exploring the game, kind of) but I plan to.