Hydaelyn Role-Players
To all Sailor Moon fans - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: To all Sailor Moon fans (/showthread.php?tid=7192)

To all Sailor Moon fans - Star Lin - 05-17-2014

Just got this in from one of the member of my main's FC on our web page.  I was very, very happy with it and thought I should post it here for any of the fans of the old series.

[youtube]RWPyM9afQ-w[/youtube]

Do you realize how happy I am right now.  It's going to be uncut, all new dub, and all 5 seasons.  Sailor Moon, SMR, SMS, SMSuperS, and...SM Sailor Stars.  This will keep me very happy until the remake is finally release.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - Hyakki - 05-18-2014

Maybe its nostalgia but I liked the original English dub and I worry about a new one butchering pronunciation and the voice not suiting the characters.

Still excited though.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - Star Lin - 05-18-2014

(05-18-2014, 12:39 AM)Xieveral Wrote: Maybe its nostalgia but I liked the original English dub and I worry about a new one butchering pronunciation and the voice not suiting the characters.

Still excited though.
Oh, I understand completely.  I think I was one of the few that didn't mind Rini's voice.  Yet, I'm eager to see how the dub comes off, especially during the Sailor Stars season.  If it turns out terrible, I can at least still watch the subs episodes.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - Austratus - 05-18-2014

Apparently, the new dub cast is going to be personally vetted by Naoko Takeuchi herself... but yeah, the original English dub is pretty classic.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - TheWizard - 05-18-2014

Sailor Pluto/Trista <3

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - Star Lin - 05-18-2014

(05-18-2014, 02:21 AM)Austratus Wrote: Apparently, the new dub cast is going to be personally vetted by Naoko Takeuchi herself... but yeah, the original English dub is pretty classic.
Nice.  Now I'm even more eager for Monday to roll around.  I'll be watching it on Viz site while I wait for the announcement of the bluray release.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - Rinh Hallani - 05-21-2014

Sweet, I'm excited!

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - Kage - 05-21-2014

To be honest I'm one of those who did not like the Dic Sailor Moon. I watched it but... this news overjoyed me mostly.

I've been happy with my Sailor Moon news for the most part.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - synaesthetic - 05-21-2014

I need to find my old List of Plot-Relevant Episodes which cuts Sailor Moon down from a 300-episode slog to something much more manageable at ~70 episodes.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - Qulala - 05-21-2014

*cleans out bank account*

TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE IT!!!!! Big Grin

Sailr Moon Crystal is coming out next month right? I am happy they are redoing the series but I am more happy that they aren't abandoning the old one. No matter how great the new one is, I grew up with the old one. Either way, a remake AND reboot = double winning!

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - TheLastCandle - 05-21-2014

(05-21-2014, 04:22 PM)synaesthetic Wrote: I need to find my old List of Plot-Relevant Episodes which cuts Sailor Moon down from a 300-episode slog to something much more manageable at ~70 episodes.

wtb something like this for One Piece. Late to the party on that one and.. oh god, the sheer number of episodes.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - CanaanAzure - 05-28-2014

I'm in love with the fact that its 'Goodbye Serena and Darien and hello Usagi and Mamoru' for the name changes really did confuse the hell out of me once I started getting older and realized theres something called 'The internet'. I'm also super happy the Neptune and Uranus are no longer cousins and they're back to being lovers. 

I also love how everything that was considered 'bad' in the original japanese stays when its re-dubbed. Like the simple things like boob lines during transformations. And most of all, I'll be happy to finally see the Sailor Stars dubbed because that was my favorite season of all. LIKEOMGTHEYBETTERMAKECHIBICHIBISOUNDUBERCUTE.

RE: To all Sailor Moon fans - Kage - 05-28-2014

(05-21-2014, 08:35 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 04:22 PM)synaesthetic Wrote: I need to find my old List of Plot-Relevant Episodes which cuts Sailor Moon down from a 300-episode slog to something much more manageable at ~70 episodes.

wtb something like this for One Piece. Late to the party on that one and.. oh god, the sheer number of episodes.
I would like to say that there is one... but I may be 8 years late on the website.