Hydaelyn Role-Players
Howdy ho! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Howdy ho! (/showthread.php?tid=7173)

Howdy ho! - Slamexo - 05-15-2014

Hi there! I'm another one of those new folk.

I've only been playing FFXIV for under a month so far, but I've really enjoyed what I've gotten up to so far. As an avid roleplayer on several other MMO's, I was pretty keen to get involved with it on here too. So far I've been playing just the one plainsfolk Lalafell called Jado Zarado (though after several attempts at getting a name to stick, I might add) on Balmung.

As said, I've played a few other MMO's in my time, including Runescape, WoW, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 and City of Heroes, but I fancied trying something new and ARR looked like it had dropped quite well, so as a big fan of Final Fantasy I was quite glad that the good reviews weren't unfounded.

At the moment I've been playing Jado as a thaumaturge, and it's been forever since I've roleplayed a caster of sorts so I'd quite like to do something with that, but his personality is pretty blank so far. I haven't really RPed with anyone just yet, but then that's why I'm here to introduce myself and meet other people!

When I'm not online, I'm a maths student in the UK who's also into programming, cooking, and creative writing.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and hope to get going with the RP soon!

RE: Howdy ho! - Zhavi - 05-15-2014

Jado Zarado . . . I like it! Your attempts to make a name stick have paid off, in my opinion. Smile

No personality? Whaat! I bet you've got a concept or two lurkin' around your noggin waiting to be breathed into life. What sort of rp are you looking to do with him? Something innocent? Nefarious, maybe? Absent-minded scholarhood? A tried-and-true wanderer? Cynical and grouchy sarcasm? Feckless adventures? A tangle of conspiracies? Violence and mayhem? Helping those in need? Maaaaybeee. . .criminal enterprises?

Big Grin

Whichever way you go, welcome to the RPC and happy rping to you!

RE: Howdy ho! - Slamexo - 05-15-2014

Thanks Zhavi! That makes up for all the hair tearing out because NAMES AMIRITE?

I will say that I do have one or two ideas for personality: I usually play someone who's a bit more bolder and assertive, so I was thinking someone a bit meeker and more gentle for Jado. Not necessarily shy or nervous by any means, but not the guy who'll speak up without a reason, if that makes sense. Maybe he started out wanting to be an adventurer when he studied magic, but then realized he liked studying magic by itself more? Maybe still likes to go out on a mission or two, but it's not his main thang?

Well, guess I lied when I said he had a blank personality. Sorry bout that~

Now I just have to still try to learn all this lore so that I know it all clicks together.

Behehe, not a lie. I think sometimes it just tends to be more of a subconscious then a conscious, something you don't put words to until someone asks and then you're like "oh! Where did you come from?"

Sounds like the guy who thinks before he speaks, eh? But, he sounds like a scholar, and if that's the case you should check out this thread. It could potentially be a great way to meet some likeminded folks! And if you're into mage rp, there's always the Mysterium FC, too.

For me, I think what helped the lore stick best is just playing the game.

And this is also amazing for getting a sense of the cities.

RE: Howdy ho! - Slamexo - 05-15-2014

Oh wow, those just look ideal for me. Thanks a tonne for the info!

My pleasure, have fun!

RE: Howdy ho! - Rinh Hallani - 05-21-2014

Welcome aboard, hope you're having fun!