Hydaelyn Role-Players
Narcisseoix Valliere - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Narcisseoix Valliere (/showthread.php?tid=7121)

Narcisseoix Valliere - Narcisseoix - 05-09-2014

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters:  Narcisseoix Valliere, Y'jevoi Tia, Zezeshu Zeshu
  • Primary character:  Narcisseoix Valliere
  • Linkshells:  Hand of Fate, Windsong OOC, The Grim Collective, All Ears 
  • Primary RP linkshell: Hand of Fate, The Grim Collective 

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Medium-to-Heavy:  The reason I say that is because I also rather enjoy the PvE elements of the game.  That said I am usually available for roleplay.  

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
     I think combat can definitely bring an interesting element to roleplay.  I think coordination is a necessity.  Being an all powerful character really isn't much fun.  If you have a character that is flawless in battle, et cetera, and has godlike abilities there really isn't much point of bringing conflict, such as battle, into a scene.  Therefore so long as the character is not two-dimensional and I'm dealing with reasonable people who genuinely play out their well thought out characters I am not averse to RP combat. As for how to play out such scenes. . . . I think, as I stated earlier, that coordination is key.  Now how you come to that is your own preference.  I am not averse to using a roll system.  It just depends on who you're dealing with really and is best dealt with on a case-by-case basis.  

As for injuries I think you should have some modicum of discussion before hand.  I also think communication and awareness of what's going on in character is also important.  I can recall a scene I was in a few months ago on a different game.  I went into it thinking it would go a certain way, and we had coordinated a little.  As we roleplayed it out though some things were different, which to me is the best part about roleplay and reacting In Character, and my character ended up with a more severe (and lasting) injury.  I think it was kind of cool, and I just like to see how things go.  I do respect the preferences of others in this regard, however.

• Views on IC romance:
    Romance is an important part of life, therefore it can also be an important part of a character's life.  I like for such relationships to evolve naturally through roleplay.  I don't care much for predetermined, or Out of Character choices going into my character's love life.  I am definitely not averse to it, but it is not something I necessarily seek out.  While love, sex, et cetera can also be major motivations I, as a writer and rper, do not like for it to be the only thing a character has going on.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I am totally open to familial, past, and ongoing ties.  It is always fun to meet new people and develop from the first scene, but every character has a past.  Within that past are a great many people that they ran into on the way to this point in the road of their life, so that can be enjoyable to explore as well.

• Views on lore:
    I am pretty rigid when it comes to lore, and I'm not ashamed to say so.  I roleplay here because I like the world the creators of the game built for us.  There are some things left open to interpretation, and style.  Likewise some elements of the lore are pretty set in stone, and I don't care to see such things deviated from.  That said it just depends on which part of lore we're talking about.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I like to use /say for roleplay, but it just depends.  Case-by-case basis.

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone:  CST
  • Contact info:  PM me here, or look for me in-game.  I understand that I can't be found in the Balmung search, but you can send me a whisper.  I do have Skype, and if you would like that info do not be afraid to ask.

RE: Narcisseoix Valliere - Narcisseoix - 10-04-2014

Updated.