Hydaelyn Role-Players
Noblesse Ascendant - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Noblesse Ascendant (/showthread.php?tid=7060)

Pages: 1 2 3

Noblesse Ascendant - Anstarra - 05-01-2014

[Image: qc4fLbt.png]

What do you get for the woman who has everything?

Anstarra pondered the question. To even imagine it applying to herself was an exercise in conceit of the highest order... and yet, perhaps less so than it once had been. She HAD come a long way, the savage little runaway of her youth an increasingly-distant memory. Still, it was not the question itself which intrigued her, so much as the boundaries surrounding it. For clearly, no one had ever truly had everything; it wasn't a query meant to envision the requirements of an Empress or Goddess (unless you were perhaps thinking of Hydaelyn Herself, in which case the conceit laid in imagining you could do aught but Her bidding). No, the question was tailored for those whose desires were so well-met that the very notion of meaningfully contributing to them evoked despair on the part of the questioner.

To wit; the capriciously rich. The indolently well-to-do. The powerful, and influential.

The nobility.

Oh, nobles had desires, it was true. Even casual eavesdropping on the discourse of Eorzea's upper crust quickly revealed that the more you had, the more you wanted. Nonetheless, Anstarra thought it unlikely that any large sample of the population, common and noble alike, would would be able to make a significant case against the notion that the greater riches, power and simple presence associated with nobility brought you closer to the lofty goal of being happy. How could they? Who would starve, when they could feast? Who would be ruled, when they could, well, rule?

Her mind flashed back, as it often did at such times. The brutal simplicity of her Sept. Strength. Violence. No rights for the weak.

She found herself growling, and coughed, clearing her throat. Glanced around. Nobody in earshot, good. Growling... that was a habit she was going to have to break. After all, she was a savage no longer. She didn't have a looking-glass on hand, but if she did she knew what she'd see: an elegant young female, well-dressed, manicured, coiffed. Rich-looking. Sophisticated. Intelligent. In short, everything an up-and-coming member of the noblesse should be.

All she lacked was the nobility itself. But ah! There were ways and ways! Some would claim you had to be born into the nobility, but what of it? She was the daughter of a Nunh, a ruler. The fact that almost all Seekers of the Sun were so made the distinction irrelevant by their standards; if need be she could point to the purity of her line, to how she would have been the Nunh's primary mate, had she not fled... but Anstarra would sooner rip out her tail than give them credit for her ascension. Besides, blood was not all that mattered. There was one's manner, and in that, she had banked heavily. Finding a retired finishing tutor for Ishgardian ladies had been difficult (and had required almost every favor and bit of weight she could throw around as a junior officer in the Maelstrom and liaison to Coerthas); convincing the inestimable Maître Vauderien to actually take her on as a pupil had been something else entirely.

In the end, it had come down to boredom, and coin. His, and hers, respectively, and quite a bit of both. Thankfully, coin was not something Anstarra was lacking. Doubly thankful, for it was the other pillar on which she wished to make her bid for joining the upper class. After all, of the three City States, only Ul'dah had a true noble class, and in that city, the golden rule had always been the rule of gold.

Thus. Manner, and money... her schooling was coming along passing well, and her finances grew. Still, she would need a lot more, always more. Not to mention contacts; friends both high and low. Where to begin? Perhaps it was time to have her retainer make some discreet inquiries... in some ways, this promised to be even more dangerous and exciting than her adventuring forays. She would need to balance her duties to the Maelstrom, and to the Harbingers, and to her mate, with the demands of high society. She would need friends, allies, opportunities...

And then, maybe someday soon... she could take a look at that question again. The thought made her smile.

~

OOC time! This is an open invitation to players of characters involved in one way or another with the nobility of Eorzea! Whether you're part of an LS or FC that focuses on such things, or simply RP a nobleman-or-woman, feel free to respond or message me! Anstarra's end-goal is simple: to become an acknowledged noblewoman. Beyond that? Well, she has other plans, but this is an important step! I look forward to hearing from you guys~

~

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

For my convenience and for interpersonal RP possibilities, I will be keeping a list here of those who've offered to take part, and what roles they might play! Will be updated as RP progresses...

[Image: d1NEmBp.png]
Allistair, Anstarra's Retainer.

Faye Covington ~ Noblewoman, distant ally in Gridanian nobility

W'Pondahl Amih ~ Aspiring knight, occasional martial retainer and student in etiquette

Zhavi Streetrunner ~ Street urchin, possible friend in low places, runner, spy, etc

Rurutani Sasatani ~ Sultansworn-in-training, possible connection

Lan Darklyn ~ Harbinger, contacts in Ul'dahn military divisions

Vyncent Fields ~ Knight, W'pondahl's sponsor, ally in military circles, officer in the Flames

Nako'li Chalahko ~ Noble tutor/military contractor, officer in the Flames, possible ally in noble circuits

C'kayah Tia ~ Powerful figure in Ul'dahn underworld, possible source of connections

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - Anstarra - 05-02-2014

This is to be an ongoing affair, and also serves as a Looking For RP kind of ad =3 Looking to meet new people, make contacts, have events... anything goes!

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - Faye - 05-02-2014

Miss Covington would be pleased to help Anstarra climb the social ladder and teach her how to be a proper noblewoman! Big Grin

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - Vali - 05-02-2014

Ishgardian Miqo'te noblewoman? #lore?

(05-02-2014, 02:31 AM)Valirelia Ferox Wrote: Ishgardian Miqo'te noblewoman? #lore?

...where does it say she is Ishgardian? #reading?

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - LandStander - 05-02-2014

Oooh, Im curious about as to how a tribal woman came from nothing to so much in a short amount of time. Don't let Denn find her, she'll think she is a less than savory type and try to be her friend :3!

Its interesting seeing someone else play a sophisticated Miqo'te. I have one as well, but its because he was not born in Eorzea so he has no tribal influence at all. He comes from...elsewhere Angel

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - Vali - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 02:36 AM)Faye Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 02:31 AM)Valirelia Ferox Wrote: Ishgardian Miqo'te noblewoman? #lore?

" Finding a retired finishing tutor for Ishgardian ladies had been difficult (and had required almost every favor and bit of weight she could throw around as a junior officer in the Maelstrom and liaison to Coerthas)"

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - Val - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 02:45 AM)LandStander Wrote: Oooh, Im curious about as to how a tribal woman came from nothing to so much in a short amount of time. Don't let Denn find her, she'll think she is a less than savory type and try to be her friend :3!

Its interesting seeing someone else play a sophisticated Miqo'te. I have one as well, but its because he was not born in Eorzea so he has no tribal influence at all. He comes from...elsewhere Angel

DENN I MISS YOU WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WHY HAVEN'T WE DONE THINGS WHY DO WE NOT TALK WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WHERE HAS DENN BEEN WHERE HAS CICERO GONE WHY OH GOD WHAT PLEASE HELP I DON'T KNOW I MISS YOUR RP I MISS YOUR FUN LET'S DO STUFF SOMETIME PLZ

Also I still have a Garlean that needs Garlemald love.

(05-02-2014, 02:54 AM)Valirelia Ferox Wrote:

" Finding a retired finishing tutor for Ishgardian ladies had been difficult (and had required almost every favor and bit of weight she could throw around as a junior officer in the Maelstrom and liaison to Coerthas)"

Yes... an Ishgardian tutor who mentored Ishgardian ladies lol.

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - LandStander - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 02:56 AM)Val Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 02:45 AM)LandStander Wrote: Oooh, Im curious about as to how a tribal woman came from nothing to so much in a short amount of time. Don't let Denn find her, she'll think she is a less than savory type and try to be her friend :3!

DENN I MISS YOU WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WHY HAVEN'T WE DONE THINGS WHY DO WE NOT TALK WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WHERE HAS DENN BEEN WHERE HAS CICERO GONE WHY OH GOD WHAT PLEASE HELP I DON'T KNOW I MISS YOUR RP I MISS YOUR FUN LET'S DO STUFF SOMETIME PLZ

Big Grin! Val! Im sorry I vanished for a few months. I dug an RP hole on all my characters and I sort of just walked away from it all >.> . Dais "died" in battle, Cicero was "killed", and Denn's life completely collapsed around her and she became alienated after her work with the Garleans got out so I had her retire to the mountains. But they are all back now :3. Round 2!!

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - Val - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 03:07 AM)LandStander Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 02:56 AM)Val Wrote:

Big Grin! Val! Im sorry I vanished for a few months. I dug an RP hole on all my characters and I sort of just walked away from it all >.> . Dais "died" in battle, Cicero was "killed", and Denn's life completely collapsed around her and she became alienated after her work with the Garleans got out so I had her retire to the mountains. But they are all back now :3. Round 2!!

I read all of that but all I really understood was, "We need to do something soon."

(05-02-2014, 03:00 AM)Faye Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 02:54 AM)Valirelia Ferox Wrote:

Yes... an Ishgardian tutor who mentored Ishgardian ladies lol.

Precisely =3 Anstarra's duties (i.e. what she does when I'm at work -.-) are basically acting as a liaison for the Maelstrom with the Ishgardian forces stationed in Coerthas. As such, she has a lot of contact with Ishgardians (aside from actually receiving Dragoon training) and their class of nobility; knowing that she could never join Ishgardian nobility, she nonetheless figured that an Ishgardian tutor would stand her in good stead for looking and acting the part of nobility anywhere else.

(05-02-2014, 02:19 AM)Faye Wrote: Miss Covington would be pleased to help Anstarra climb the social ladder and teach her how to be a proper noblewoman! Big Grin

Also, I forgot to say, thank you Faye =D An was hoping to get in touch with you, indeed ^^

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - Pondahl - 05-02-2014

*Dances about*

Ohohoh, An!  An!  An An An!

Would this be a good opportunity for those who need to/want to maintain a noble bearing to perhaps climb the ladder along/beneath Anstarra?  Pond needs to broaden her vocabulary somewhat to further the image she wishes to adopt.  Bringing her into that sort of company would do wonders for her, although I'd need to have her update her wardrobe to even come close to being accepted.  And find someone willing to mayhaps guide the poor girl in the right direction.

Not entirely sure -how- this would fit in with her distant dream of someday being called a knight, but from that she's already acquired the most base mannerisms required to pull off this sort of feat, enough to have been taken as a Page.  And... she adores the language and mannerisms of the elite.  Tends to make her think of Azeyma :3 

So maybe, actually, it would work... hmm. *Ponders*

And no, she hasn't -actually- met any nobility, and so that naive image remains!  Ignorance is bliss, no?

RE: Noblesse Ascendant - Zhavi - 05-02-2014

*coughcough* If they ever want to spy on each other or pass discreet messages or do the rich people thing and consume illegal substances and they're in Limsa, Zhavi can totally help with that! Big Grin (or spy on each other, even)