Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi my name is Wosid, I like the vidya. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi my name is Wosid, I like the vidya. (/showthread.php?tid=6937)

Hi my name is Wosid, I like the vidya. - Fprime - 04-15-2014

--MMORPG background:
-FFXI
-World of Warcraft
-The Secret World
-Neverwinter
-Lord of the Rings online
-And a bunch of others that I am likely not too fond of..

--RP experience:
Well I have roleplayed in a variety of games. Mainly my mmo roleplay was from Warcraft, but I found some in Neverwinter and TSW as well. Also I used to play Dungeons and Dragons quite a bit, I played pretty consistently for about five years. But recently decided to stop, due to a bad community in the area combined with a general lack of interest for it.

But atop of my videogame and pen and paper roleplay experience. I also have done some milsim larping in the form of airsoft and paintball. I play for a team, though my activity with them has been admittedly fairly lax as of recent (mostly due to the weather here in DC).
--Character ideas/info
Admittedly I am fairly new to Final Fantasy as a whole. Asides from my brief (and I do mean brief) play time with Final Fantasy XI, I never really got into the other games when I was younger. Right now I am simply enjoying the game. So far it is fun. What I am enjoying most is the fact that it is new to me. Never really got into Japanese games as a whole. Yet this one seems to hold my attention, it feels like Vanilla wow in sense. I am simply enjoying the adventure.
--How did you learn about the coalition?
I pretty much just google searched FFXIV roleplay.
--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
As of right now, likely a light to Medium roleplayer.
--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Well I am 22 years old, I work as a manager of that one coffee company we all love to hate. I play paintball/airsoft, and I play videogames.

Oh, I am a painfully white guy who loves rap/hip-hop.

But seeing as I am new to the circle here, I am going to leave you all with a little something: 

[youtube]oTGP5M3Z9u8[/youtube]

I would play this game if it existed. You would too most likely. If you are saying you wouldn't, you are a liar.

RE: Hi my name is Wosid, I like the vidya. - Zhavi - 04-15-2014

Hiiiii, welcome! I'm a liar. But I did really like how despite the characters on the screen taking turns, both of them were tapping away at buttons and stuff like both were playing at the same time. Good stuff. What server did you roll on?

RE: Hi my name is Wosid, I like the vidya. - Fprime - 04-18-2014

Sadly I had to roll on Goblin. Seeing as the other servers (which it seems a bulk of the roleplay goes on) were full. Though I intend to transfer in due time. Until that date, I intend to get my Conjurer/soon to be whitemage to level 50.

RE: Hi my name is Wosid, I like the vidya. - Zhavi - 04-20-2014

Eesh, bummer. The closed bit seems to go on and off, a lot of people have said it's due to specific times when the server is busy, so it might be there one hour and then gone the next. Either way, I hope you're able to transfer sooner rather than later! And there's always forum rp in the meantime if you can't resist the itch. Smile

RE: Hi my name is Wosid, I like the vidya. - LandStander - 04-20-2014

(04-20-2014, 04:17 AM)Zhavi Wrote: Eesh, bummer.  The closed bit seems to go on and off, a lot of people have said it's due to specific times when the server is busy, so it might be there one hour and then gone the next.  Either way, I hope you're able to transfer sooner rather than later!  And there's always forum rp in the meantime if you can't resist the itch.  Smile
 Yeah before you could simply create a character during off peak hours, but since PS4 beta I have not seen character creator open up once during any hour of the day ; ;. I deleted one of my alts to make room for another one for a specific on going plot and I have been unable to make them. Hopefully they open it up or enlarge servers or something..idk..

RE: Hi my name is Wosid, I like the vidya. - Fprime - 09-09-2014

Well good news everyone! I managed to snag that xfer to Balmung. So I should be up and about with the roleplaying soon.