Hydaelyn Role-Players
Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) (/showthread.php?tid=6892)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 04-29-2014

Pretty sure we determined it was the book. Tongue

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Kahn'a - 04-30-2014

As the time for us to get sunken into that twisted plot draws near, I would like to take a few minutes to remind the people involved in this a few things.

1. We heroes will be acting out on our characters' assumptions, regarding the riddles. There has been and is no way for us to be sure we correctly deciphered them.

2. Just because you may have not been able to attend the first or second episode does not mean you have to shy away from the event entirely. If you read this and want to join in the fun, please shoot a /tell to either Kahn'a Od'hilkas or Askier Mergrey, I'm sure we will be happy to find you a nice spot for you to enjoy yourself this evening. The IC hook for your character to get involved into this plot is that Kahn'a used less official channels to slip in that there might be the need of strong, brave and bright people to fend off Garleans fiends. That's little information to go on, but he believes the people hostile to the empire to potentially be his best allies. And there's always the risk to stir public unrest by mentionning "bombs".

3. Since Erik Mynhier has been busy as of late (my regards to you if you're reading this), I will be assuming the heroes' lead tonight again unless he turns up. I will be connected at least 3 hours before the event starts (that means 5pm CDT), feel free to /tell for any information or question you may have.

4. Just like Askier said, look forward to some RP fun tonight :D!

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 05-01-2014

EPISODE 3 RECAP
WHEW, WHAT a night!

SHORT VERSION:
SPIES RECOVERED TWO PARTS MAKING THEM THE WINNERS. 
Next week's event will be a game of: "Lets find the bomb in Uldah".

LOOOONNNGGG VERSION:

For the heroes, things didn't look good.  Only two heroes answered thecall to arms...at first!  My, oh my, things took some interesting turns last night.

Askier and his spies all met at the Coffer and Coffin and divided into two teamsof three.  Team one, under command of Delial Grimsong and consisting of Kanaria and S'honji, headed to The Silver Bazaar for package number one, where they encountered the two heroes but let the heroes retreat without conflict and recovered the package.  How letting the heroes go was a mistake! 

Meanwhile, Askier's group went to Crescent Cove and recovered the item there.  Once in possession of  his item, Askier went to kidnap Erik Mynhier's sister, Siha, who he had tricked into coming along with him by acting as a friendly and charming merchant, (Siha's words here! lol)  but then the unexpected happened!

Askier's other agent, Grieving Hound, betrayed Askier, just at Kahna and the other hero (whose name I will get the correct spelling from Kahna) arrived.  Askier, suddenly outnumbered 4 to 1, tore off his armor and swam for it.

But the night was not over though!  Askier, wet and half-naked, rendezvoused back in Ul’dah with Delial’s team where they secured the two items and then proceeded to location number 3, the graveyard near Camp Drybone!

But Kahna’s team was already there and it had grown in size now!  Frustrated at Hound’s betrayal, his inability to secure item number 3, and his need to kidnap Siha, Askier and company fought, but not before there was a classic, western standoff!  S’honji went down early in the fight but Delial held her own for a long time against numerous opponents.  Askier went against Hound for a while before Osric jumped in and Askier beat him down before Hound beat Askier down and forced Askier to use a smoke bomb and flee, rescuing the downed Delial before he went.  Through it all, Kanarai never suffered a single wound and looked all dainty on her unicorn as the spies escaped.

But Askier has two of the three items.

Enough to finish his magitek bomb.

The device has been worked on all night and now hums with magical energy.  It will take one week (conveniently lol) to gather the power it needs to level the city. 
Next week’s event will take place in U’dah at 8pm.  I hope everyone can make it for the finale.  This has been a ton of fun and a few shout outs are in order!

First, to Kahna and the other hero (whose name I can’t remember how to spellnow that I slept for 7 hours but will add as soon as I get it!) for being brave enough to ride out even though it was only the two of them at first!  And then for Jana, Daphine and Osric for joining the party at the graveyard!

Second, to Hound and Siha.  Hound,your betrayal made this whole event completely different and was perfectly timed! As for you, Siha,… you got lucky…lol

Third, for Delial, Kanarai, and S’honji for helping me out last night and recovering item number 1 for Askier.

This event would not have worked without everyone and thank you all so much!

It has been a delight and an honor to run this event the past two weeks and I am thrilled I’ve gotten to meet so many new people through it!  I can’t wait till part 3!

Also, note, I will be on sporadically over the next few days since I am out of town attending a wedding this weekend. But Askier not being seen much kind of works since he’s baby sitting his bomb! Lol  

Oh, if anyone has any screen shots or comments about last night, post ‘em! Lol

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Melkire - 05-01-2014

Highlights from last night's throwdown at the graveyard:

• Delial took it hard from both ends. There was no shortage of arrows, spearheads, and other such implements from our horny heroic Miqo'te friends.
  • Pugilists > Paladins. Those harboring doubts, we refer you to a Mr. S'honji Hayakawa. He'll set the record straight.
  • Lek'si got skewerrrrrrrrrrrrred by Kanaria. He was later patched up. Got to his feet, stumbled a short ways, and collapsed again, reopening all his wounds and undoing a good 10mins worth of field surgery RP.
  • Pugilists, all of your precious rolls are as but 1s before the might of a Monk's endless stream of 5s and 6s.
  • Speaking of Monks, Askier's RaidbossHack.exe faulted only three times. We capitalized on each and every instance; we got lucky. Props to the Hound for clutch rolls and to Daph for clutch heals.
  • Somebody went for the book-to-the-face again last night. Totes a tradition now.
  • Siha gives not a shite for healing, girl's got graves to rob.

I'll be posting the log when I get home from work tonight.

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Siha - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 11:36 AM)Melkire Wrote: Highlights from last night's throwdown at the graveyard:
  • Siha gives not a shite for healing, girl's got graves to rob.

Oh what's that Osric? You hurt your knee again, here just let me twist that back into place for you! Tonberry Mwahahaha.

On that note, the event was really great and so was everyone involved, the fight at the end was quite entertaining both ICly and OOCly! I'm going to do everything possible to show up at the next one as well!

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Jana - 05-01-2014

Delial knows the secret to SMN endgame DPS: ACN has the highest STR out of the casting classes and gets a nice boost over time using melee-range autoattacks!

My character is still fairly clueless but if you should happen to catch me online, send me a message and I'll be happy to help her get to know the rest of the character involved in the plotline~

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - TheBlob - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 11:36 AM)Melkire Wrote:
  • Leks'i got skewerrrrrrrrrrrrred by Kanarai. He was later patched up. Got to his feet, stumbled a short ways, and collapsed again, reopening all his wounds and undoing a good 10mins worth of field surgery RP.

I promise the sharp slap to the face that was administered to the patient following his ripping open of his recently and temporarily sealed wounds was purely for his medical benefit and meant to render him free of his temporary pain induced hysteria and does not reflect negatively of Daphine's bedside manner in the least. 

Dodgy  Angel

Quote:
  • Somebody went for the book-to-the-face again last night. Totes a tradition now. 

Yeeees. I laughed so hard when Del whipped that book around!

Daphine Rysen: Surgeon, chemist, wielder of sharply cornered heavy tomes! (I still have another eye to come after, Askier!)
 Cool 

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - cuideag - 05-01-2014

D just likes hitting people. It's just a thing. She really could have just gone home after that and been fine.

.... that probably would have been the better move to make. DANG IT, ASKIER.

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Koninbeor - 05-01-2014

I would have taken my PS4 with me on my work trip had I realized this was taking place last night instead of tonight. Today is May 1. Sad

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 11:36 AM)Melkire Wrote:
  • Pugilists, all of your precious rolls are as but 1s before the might of a Monk's endless stream of 5s and 6s.
  • Speaking of Monks, Askier's RaidbossHack.exe faulted only three times. We capitalized on each and every instance; we got lucky. Props to the Hound for clutch rolls and to Daph for clutch heals.
Stupid faulty Java script coding... I mean...I would never use teh uber leet hacks! lol

Seriously I was laughing at it and how ridiculous it was getting.

(05-01-2014, 05:56 PM)ShayRei Wrote: Yeeees. I laughed so hard when Del whipped that book around!

Daphine Rysen: Surgeon, chemist, wielder of sharply cornered heavy tomes! (I still have another eye to come after, Askier!)
 Cool 

Leave Askier's other eye alone! He's already sporting one eye patch now!

(05-01-2014, 06:36 PM)cuideag Wrote: D just likes hitting people. It's just a thing. She really could have just gone home after that and been fine.

.... that probably would have been the better move to make. DANG IT, ASKIER.

O suuuureee, blame the guy responsible for organizing the whole thing..real mature! lol

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Jana - 05-01-2014

I just found out I'm going to have to be on the road when the event starts this upcoming Wednesday night again, so if you know how to count, don't count on me. :/

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Melkire - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 09:43 PM)Askier Wrote: O suuuureee, blame the guy responsible for organizing the whole thing..real mature! lol

/targetpc

(05-01-2014, 06:50 PM)Koninbeor Wrote: I would have taken my PS4 with me on my work trip had I realized this was taking place last night instead of tonight. Today is May 1. Sad

*checks posts for dates*

...IblameAskier. /point <t>

/doubt <t>
/doubt <t>
/doubt <t>
/doubt <t>
/doubt <t>

EDIT:

Combat log for anyone who wants it.

Accompanying music:

Obligatory

Soundtracks

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 05-02-2014

*Goes to re-read combat log and giggles*

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - darkendsol - 05-02-2014

Alright, LIMPY. I notice how you failed to post *that* little tidbit. Mykaul is being switched out for Lek'si from here on, just as an update.

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Melkire - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 03:22 AM)darkendsol Wrote: Alright, LIMPY. I notice how you failed to post *that* little tidbit. Mykaul is being switched out for Lek'si from here on, just as an update.

I was gonna cover it tonight in forum RP! I was...

QUIT GIGGLING, ASKIER. MY DIRT SANDWICH WASN'T THAT BAD.