Hydaelyn Role-Players
Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=6871)

Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - MrPoopyButtHole - 04-07-2014

The bag over his head made it hard to breathe not to mentionbeing completely tied to a chair. On the plus side it did help cover his grimaces as his captors proceeded to work his body and face, blow after blow. Pyralis coughed up blood on the inside of the bag which made it difficult to breathe. Control the pain as much as you cando not give it, he thought to himself as the beating stoppedmomentarily. The ringing in his ears made it hard to focus on what they were saying to him and the blood loss was not helping.

On the way back to Ul'dah to meet his friend Sarah, he ranto the aid of a woman who was trying to fend off three armed men on the road.  Pyralis acted quickly and was able to fendthem off and shield the woman from the attacks of the aggressors. Until he felt something hard and blunt hit him on the back of his head. A trap and you fell for it...you stupid, stupid man,Pyralis thought trying to regain some air and focus from his current beating. When the ringing in his ears finally stopped he heard the voice of a man speaking to him. The voice seemed calm and collective, with a hint of boredom behind his words.  "Now Pyralis this pain...this torture can stop. I cannotpromise you we will let you live but I can promise a quick, painless death. All you have to do is tell us where the exiles hide and how to get to them."

The bag made it difficult to talk and Pyralis wanted to geta good look at the men who he believed would kill him. He coughed and spoke as loud as he could, "I'd be happy to talk if Icould get some air..." Another punch to the gut made him spit upmore blood. That feeling when you try your hardest to breath in air but it doesn't come can be horrifying. Pyralis struggled for air, gasping as hard as he could. The bag was pulled off and the sudden air was a great relief. Control the pain, focus on breathing, focus on something besides the pain, Pyralis thought slowly regaining the air in hislungs. An Elezen man sat in front of Pyralis with his legs crossed while drinking tea. The man seemed to regard Pyralis as one would regard a worthless object on the road. The room was cold, poorly lit, made of stone, and had only a door made of steel as the way in and out. A Roegadyn and Hyur were wiping their hands which had his blood on it, clearly the interrogators.

"Now how long do you think youcan hold out hm? This is the light part of the torture so I'm guessing a couple of hours of this till we move on to the more 'fun' torture." The Elezen man said while taking asmall sip of his tea. "If you manage tohold out even longer we might as well start tracking your friends. The men have been lonely and looking for ways to kill some time." 

Pyralis glared at the man but quickly turned it into a smile. "You'vegot me tied up and ready to speak sir...ask your questions and I will answer them." 

The Elezen man raised an eyebrow as if expecting a trick but merelynodded, "Very well...how do you communicate withthe other exiles? We searched you for any linkpearls but apparently you weren't carrying any." 

Pyralis had left all of his belongings in Gridaniaafter speaking with Kiht with the exception of a couple of daggers, he wasn't planning on staying in Ul'dah for very long. "I lost my linkpearl when yourassassins attacked us...too bad they aren't around to tell you." 

TheElezen smiled and handed his tea to the Hyur interrogator. "Ah yes...the assassins...funny how only three ofthem were able to cause you all grief. But I don't believe that you simply lost a linkpearl. Let us ask the real questions now. When is the next meeting of the exiles and who is leading them?" The Elezen stood up while askinghis questions and began to roll up his sleeves.

Pyralis eyed the man and started to prepare himself for morebeatings by the two interrogators. "If only I could remember where we are meetingnext. I have such a bad drinking habit that it's hard for me to remember such things. As far as who is leading them...well I think his name is 'Go Fuck Yourself'"

The Elezen man laughed and walked over to a table at the edge of theroom. The man started to whistle  andlook through a bag on the table. Pyralis started to slow his breathing down and brace himself for the worse. Control the pain..donot give in...they are counting on you, Pyralis began to tellhimself as he breathing remained stable.

"I knew a man like you once...he thought himselfwitty...a lone ranger capable of taking on an army. In the end he broke down, begged for the gift of death...he was denied that request and tortured till his mind broke. My men here believe that you'll break in a week. But I have 'faith' in you Pyralis....No, I think you'll break in a month." The Elezenman brought back a small dagger with hooks on its side and a small hammer. "Now we don't have to go further...if you simply tell mewhere they are and how to find them."

Pyralis's started to focus on the exiles and all the goodthings he had experienced in his life. The memories of friends, of the music he played on his harp, the many nights by camp fires sharing stories. Gods...if you're out there...if you exist...give methe strength to not break, Pyralis thought maintaining his glare onthe Elezen man. "That was the response I wasexpecting and hoping for." The Elezen man said as one of theinterrogators pulled a chair close to Pyralis. The Elezen sat down and started to hum a song as he ran the knife down Pyralis's arm shaving off some skin. Pyralis clenched his teeth and his body tensed up from the pain, but he did not cry out, his breathing quickened though. "Not apeep out of you? I'm impressed Pyralis, very impressed." The Elezenman suddenly with great force rammed the dagger behind Pyralis's kneecap and started to pry it outward as if to dislocate it. Don't...givein...don't give them...the..satisfaction, Pyralis thought as he bodybegan to shake from the immense pain no longer able to control his breathing. The Elezen man smiled satisfied as he hit the end of the dagger with the hammer and dislocated the knee. The pain was too great, Pyralis screamed and the room went black.

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - Gwen - 04-07-2014

This friend Sarah seems like a much more enjoyable experience than getting tortured. Pyralis made the wrong choice, clearly.

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - Knight Kat - 04-10-2014

Meet him at the amphitheater. That was the plan. However, Kiht Jakkya waited and waited. Pyralis never showed. She was already irritated that the damn diurnal Hyur choose the afternoon for the meeting. She would normally be sleeping by that time. But, it was odd for him to not show up when he said he would be somewhere. Kiht knew Pyralis had issues with bravery, but she didn't think he was impolite. Something was amiss.

Kiht activated her linkpearl. "Pyralis, can you hear me? This is Kiht." She asked over the linkshell in an aggravated tone. It was the sixth time she had tried to contact him over the linkshell over the last bell. "If you can hear me, please respond in some way." Kiht said again while trying to suppress her tone that would otherwise betray her anger.

No response came. No response would ever come from Pyralis that day. Kiht waited until dusk; staring at the empty stage of Mih Khetto's amphitheater. She began to get worried. However, there was no reason to assume the worst yet. Maybe he had gotten drunk, and had fallen asleep. Maybe he was occupied with some intoxicated woman somewhere. If that was the case, Kiht would tie him to a post, and practice her archery on him.

However, that was not the case. Many days later, Kiht had tried countless times to contact Pyralis. He never answered. No one knew where he was, or where he had gone. He had disappeared without a trace.

Kiht was sad and frustrated. She had just helped Pyralis find his courage after many conversations with him. She had finally earned his trust. He was a new friend; someone who Kiht was happy to have in that dire time.

She began to consider the possibility that he had been killed or captured. The idea made her feel as if her soul had been emptied. Pyralis was so frightened about being hunted by assassins. He was so worried that his life was already over. Kiht had just managed to convince him that there was hope, but now, he is gone. Disappeared just like Vaudclairt. Kiht's deep sadness turned to anger then it turned to rage. The assassins targeted the person who was probably the most afraid. As if they were taunting the Exiles. They would pay! Kiht would make these Gods damned assassins wish they had never traveled so far South.

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - MrPoopyButtHole - 04-11-2014

The pain was unbearable at times. But at least the torture hadstopped for some time. The Elezen captor had been called away and instead had left Pyralis to rot away in his prison. The room was cold, dark, and not a single sound could be heard except his groans of pain and his own heartbeat. Pyralis had lost track of time mainly as he was locked in a dark room with little to no interaction from his captors. The interrogators had even forgotten to feed him for quite some time. The blood loss, broken bones, and lack of food left him weak, crippled, and clinging to life. Yet he found it in himself to not give in to it all and betray his allies. He could tell the Elezen was not happy about the progress and wanted Pyralis to start spilling information sooner than later.

The Hyur interrogator had let it slip about a failedassassination attempt at the Ul’dah ball which gave Pyralis more hope. It fueled him to believe that the exiles were still ahead of their killers. He started to feel around his body to determine what was broken and needed healing. Ribs...broken, left arm…broken,knee…very broken, nose…broken, Gods how must I look? Pyralis saidgrimacing as he poked and prodded his body. The hunger pains were also growing worse as time passed. Has it been a weeksince I last had anything to eat? He thought staringinto the darkness, listening to the beat of his heart.

Pyralis looked up at what would be the ceiling if he could see.He promised that if he somehow made it out of this entire ordeal alive that he would pick up the bow and harp again. He would change his life around and be the defender he once was. One tends to change their views of life drastically when they are tittering on the edge staring into the gaping maw of death. Pyralis was determined to live and fight, regardless of whatever torture or punishment they had next for him. He clenched his fist and told himself weakly, “Survive…you’ll finda way out somehow.”

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - Yangh - 04-12-2014

Yangh stalked quietly at a distance, putting her years of ingrained training to use.

"She tried to kill me. She sexually assaulted me. You're a slut. Fuck you, Yangh."

The words rolled around in her head as she watched on. The male in the distance known as Pyralis, coming to a maidens aid in what was clearly a set-up.

She shook her head the amateur-like execution of it all, brushing her bangs aside as the final blow struck the back of Pyralis' head.

She'd followed him out into the burning heat of Central Thanalan, keeping close tabs on the man that had already tried to take her life once already. Even she could see the irony here... she stalked from a distance watching the man get laid flat by a number of attackers as she surveyed them all, including him.

"What mess are you involved in, Mr. Bard?" she wondered as she followed the men that took him away.

She couldn't help but smile as she silently trailed them back to their remote base of, what she could discern, temporary operations.

"You couldn't best these bunch of amateur's yet you wanted to end my existence?" she joked in her head as he was taken inside an abandoned shack close to the Nanawa Mines.

She paused, watched the door close behind him as two guards took their posts on the outside.

"Serves you right." she uttered as she turned away, dropped down from her perch and left him at their mercy.

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - MrPoopyButtHole - 04-12-2014

He woke up with his head swimming in pain and hunger. The darkness still surrounded his room with not a single thread of light coming through anywhere. The little hope he had for rescue was fading and quickly. It appears his interrogators had placed the sack over his head again while he was unconscious. This is where my grave shall be it seems. Pyralis thought trying to hold on to the memories, to some glimmer of hope. 

Pyralis laid on the floor, although it pained him with broken ribs. As he began to close his eyes he heard a loud noise as if a door was being kicked in. The pain was overwhelming but Pyralis forced himself to sit up. The executioner has come...this is it, thought as he steeled himself for what was to come. But the noises grew louder, the sound of steel on steel, men groaning, men...dying? A million thoughts began racing through his mind and he smiled. Kiht had finely come to rescue him and the exiles as well. That small glimmer of hope grew as he knew they would not fail against this sorry lot of captors. Pyralis tried to remove the sack from his head but his hands were bound too tightly. 

A man began to plead for his life and Pyralis heard the chuckle of a...female? Someone was taking great pleasures in the carnage and killing outside. The door burst open and Pyralis could make out little threads of light through the sack. Someone, roughly of course, removed the sack from his head and the sudden burst of light burnt his eyes. Slowly they adjusted and he looked up at the figure, a female miqo'te, a beautiful female miqo'te at that. "K-K-Kiht?" Pyralis said weakly. When his eyes finished adjusting, the figure stood before him covered in blood, dagger in one hand, a large grin on her face, and beautiful golden hair. The ex bard's eyes widen and he knew he was mistaken all along about his rescuer. He said weakly but with surprise, "Yangh..."

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - Yangh - 04-12-2014

"They don't rotate shifts?" she uttered to herself as she surveyed the very same shack she'd left the Bard Pyralis to.

She shook her head trying her best to keep the smile off her face as she traced her fingertips over six separate spots on her body. On the cusp of dusk, she slipped into the darkness, her bandana covering her bright golden hair as she slinked her way to the back of the shack and scaled its walls to the roof.

Curling to a crouch she neared the edge and peeked over at both of the guards as she took a piece of nearby debris and tossed it to the back of the shack.

One guard took the bait, rounding the corner to scout the source of the noise. She dropped down silently into the other guards blind spot, produced two shivs and precisely inserted on into the jugular on his right side and the other vertically upwards, starting from under his chin right the way through to his cranial.

The guard lurched once then fell silent and crumpled to the ground. She had to suppress a groan of pleasure as she pulled the shivs away and rounded the corner for the other guard.

She came upon him from behind, pulled his own dagger from its sheath and pressed it to his throat.

"No sounds... how many are inside. Speak quickly." she said with a hushed whisper.

"Four." he said with a shaky voice

She smiled, pressing the dagger closer as it broke the skin. The guard yelped "Four... there's only four." he said hurriedly

"Good. Come with me." She demanded, pushing him along to the door way. She moved the dagger from his throat and pressed the tip against the back of his neck "In you go. Not a word from you... and you may yet live."

The guard opened the door and stepped through. Yangh used his size to hide her own form as she stepped in behind him. Two guards sat at a table playing some form of a card game. One looked up, the other was horrendously drunk and being swindled for money by the other.

The more alert of the two quirked an eyebrow "You get lost, boy?" he asked "You're supposed to be out side on wa---have you pissed your pants?!" he exclaimed.

The guard held captive at knife point trembled slightly as his eyes widened. A sudden spray of crimson red erupted from the side of his neck as he shuddered, letting out a gurgled moan.

The captive guard launched forward, crashing against the more alert guard and smashing against the table. In the confusion, Yangh closed the gap between herself and the drunkard guard, almost as if she was in one place then appeared at the next in the blink of an eye.

As quickly as she'd come, she moved away, sauntering towards the other guard who was now scrambling to his feet.

The guard steadied himself and attempted to draw his longsword only to catch his elbow against the wall. He cursed out loud then called out to the drunk guard who was still in his chair.

"Oi! Get up and kill this bitch!" he shouted "I said get up an--" he stopped short as the guard slumped to side, fell from his chair into a heap on the ground and lay in his own pool of blood.

Yangh flashed forward again, seemingly appearing right in front of him in an instant. Two of her fingers shaped into a knife hand form and stabbed at the side of his wind pipe, effectively silencing the guard as the tips pierced the skin and sunk deeply into his neck. She hooked her fingers around his windpipe and pulled, dragging and tearing their way out the front and splashing her face, hair and torso with blood.

She moaned loudly in pleasure, she hadn't killed a soul in three weeks and this act of pure violence was exhilarating. She licked her lips, taking in the taste as she left both guards in their own mess and moved to the final door. She reared up, one foot from the the ground with both arms stretching back past her waist as she gathered a small amount of aether at palms.

She slammed her foot to the ground, dropping her whole body and crashing her palms against the solid door with a twin hand palm strike. The door shattered, bursting off its hinges as the debris was fired across the room like shrapnel.

Their were two men, not guards but torturers it would seem, definitely not combatants of any sort. One had taken a shard of the door in his leg and was immobilized, the other stood in shock and just stared at her. She approached the startled one and crashed a palm strike against the side of his jaw. His jaw crumbled and dislocated from the blow but before he could cry out in pain, she used that same knife hand technique, this time charged with Aether at the finger tips and casually sliced his neck through.

The man fell to the ground dead. She then rounded on the the last man who began to plead for his life.

She dragged him to his feet, pushed him up against the wall and slowly sunk the dagger into the side of his neck. She watched his eyes as he bled out until the spark left them, She chuckled, pushing him aside and approaching her prize.

As she approached, she halted her step, looking around for a moment. She inspected every nook and cranny, every blind spot and darkened corner. The resistance she'd encountered was pathetic, guards barely trained and trained barely to hold a sword.

Again, she scanned the room, looking back out of the doorway. She expected something more but nothing came "Where are these assassins he'd be raving on about?" she thought to herself. Clearly not here, no assassin would guard anything, that isn't their skill set.

Her gaze narrowed on the figure sitting upright with a sack on its head. With a light grip and a quick whip of the wrist she roughly ripped the sack from his head and grinned, her face bloodied. The ends of her hair stained crimson as she'd lost her bandana in the initial tussle.

"Mr. Bard." she said in a sultry tone.

She barely gave him chance to answer as her face hardened. She roughly pressed him flat to the ground, aiming her dagger at his throat. Her eyes smoldered with intensity as she spoke.

"Tell me, Mr. Bard. Do you still wish to die, Hm?" she asked with a hiss and for some reason a slight purr at the end, pushing the sharp blade more forcefully against his flesh. 

"Speak now!" she hissed, tilting her head and waiting for an answer.

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - MrPoopyButtHole - 04-12-2014

There was a certain beauty and attraction to her, that he could not deny. The anger, the passion, the fury...truly the perfect killer. Pyralis locked eyes with her and tried to mask the pain throughout his body. The ex bard had such an anger in his eyes towards her, but also wanted to live. He finally spoke after some silence, "I choose life...so that when I recover they will all know my fury." He gritted his teeth and dark thoughts began to swim in the pools of his mind. Once he was free and healed up he would join back up with Kiht and show no mercy to his enemies. 

"Get me out of here and to Ul'dah and I will pay any price...give you anything so I can make them all pay." His violet eyes were locked on hers, a venom and hate behind his words. The fury that was dormant for so long was building, fast. Yangh was holding the destiny of Pyralis in her hands and in that dagger. 

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - Tiergan - 04-12-2014

(( This is some intense stuff. ))

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - Gwen - 04-12-2014

((Good job, you guys are awesome!))

RE: Control the Pain (Closed/OOC Comments Welcome) - Elyscia - 04-13-2014

{This thread was so intense, great posts everybody! Though I totally have a crush on Yangh now, and I love their writing style. }