Hydaelyn Role-Players
Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory (/showthread.php?tid=6749)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - synaesthetic - 03-29-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Aeriyn Ashley
Sex: Female
Race: Miqo'te / Keeper of the Moon

Domestic Profile
Civil Status: Resident
Place of Residence: Limsa Lominsa proper
Free Company: N/A (Unity in A Realm Reborn is an OOC PvE Free Company, so it does not apply here)

Social Profile
Originally hailing from Ul'dah, Aeriyn Ashley relocated to Limsa Lominsa after the death of Ariene Ashley, her adoptive sister and sponsor in the Ashley family of Thanalan. With her social and economic standing essentially revoked and the Syndicate having placed a bounty on her head, believing her to have knowledge of the conspiracy that resulted in Ariene's death, she took a permanent commission with the Maelstrom with a letter of recommendation from the Thaumaturge's Guild.

Currently Aeriyn both takes contracts from Mealvaan's Gate, operating as both a mercenary and magical counsel for the foreseers, and she also works as an irregular in the Maelstrom, a special agent the Grand Company calls upon when strange magical occurrences are afoot. After a recent mission to the abandoned temple of Oschon, Aeriyn has attracted the ire of the Garlean Empire's agents in Eorzea.

She is known as a scholar of magic, a scientist whose life work is the unification of aetheric theories and disciplines under one set of natural laws, the "unified theory of arcana." Aeriyn has a very strong grasp of thaumaturgy and black magic, but also dabbles in conjury and has explored various traditions of arcanima, including those of ancient Nym and Allag. She was only officially trained as a thaumaturge; all her other knowledge is self-taught as a result of her research into the essential nature of magic.

Aeriyn's personality is somewhat odd; she moves quickly between seemingly-unrelated topics and tends to think on multiple levels simultaneously. Subtlety and social graces often escape her, but she readily sees patterns in the chaos. Her coloration and physical appearance have been drastically altered by the mysterious event that caused her "second birth" on the plains of Cartenau. Superficially, she appears to be very young, far younger than her collective knowledge and experience would suggest. 

Physically she's quite weak and unimposing, petite and delicate, lacking the muscled frame, scars and calluses of the seasoned adventurer. In terms of martial skills, Aeriyn is utterly hopeless--the best she can manage is the traditional Keeper shortbow and even then her skill is best described as "mediocre." Her senses, however, are extremely sharp, especially her sense of smell. Aeriyn often uses smells for mental association rather than names; you know that Aeriyn cares deeply about you if she remembers you by name.

Her gender expression is generally moderately feminine; Aeriyn is fond of pretty dresses and fine fabrics, but she is very practical and typically dresses in functional garb, especially when she's working in the field. In terms of sexuality, Aeriyn is attracted to women of any race and tends to prefer those with more feminine gender expression, though she is somewhat wary of highlander hyur and roegadyn due to the difference in size and Aeri's delicate physical condition. She can be quite flirty, but one shouldn't be too surprised to have her change the subject abruptly and ruin the mood.
Meta Profile

Show Content

I'm kind of a PvE-focused player, but I do like to RP! I appreciate walk-ups, though I would prefer if someone whispered me first so that I could appropriately prepare--any time Aeriyn's a bard or warrior it's totally OOC and for PvE purposes only.

I like slice-of-life roleplay but I am especially looking for people interested in participating in science RP. Aeri's personal plot and goal of discovering the root nature of magic and how all magic is inextricably connected isn't something I want to do completely alone--I'm looking for people who want to be involved in a long-term, ongoing plot that involves lots of research into the three main schools of magic--thaumaturgy, conjury and arcanima--in addition to the inner workings of Garlean magitech and ancient Allagan technology.

So yeah. Hit me up in-game. Since 2.2 just dropped I'm probably going to be spending a lot of time catching my alt jobs up to i90 average, but since we didn't get musketeer (which makes me a sad kitty) I won't be doing PvE stuff constantly.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Tempestwolf79 - 03-30-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Zart'ir Arashi
Race: Miqo'te (Keeper of the Moon)

Domestic Profile
Civil Status: Resident
Place of Residence: Limsa Lominsa
Free Company: Raven's Claw  <<RC-RP>>

Social Profile
Zart'ir originally hails from the Black Shroud, where he grew up with his clan.  The clan is a relatively small tribe of Keepers of the moon.  When his parents passed away in the calamity he was adopted by a loving matron who had taken in a few of the orphans of the war, blending his tribe with another to ensure numbers and safety. He kept his mother's name Zart, but was given the suffix of 'ir as he was the sixth son adopted by the matron.  While with his new family he became friends with his new sister Mahira, who later joined him on his journeys.

Once he had come of age, Zart'ir set out to prove his mettle and learn how to fight.  Both to protect his clan, and to demonstrate his worthiness for a potential mate once he returned.  Since that time he has learned many forms of martial combat, though favors the sword and shield.  He even picked up a cursory understanding of magic, though it is not his forte. 

Zart'ir traveled the lands taking on work as a mercenary and sell sword, till receiving and accepting a contract with the Maelstrom.  He now resides in Limsa, offering his blade for hire to those in need, and coming to the aid of the Admiral when called.

Meta Profile
Generally play in the evenings (US CST)
Walk up RP is always most welcome.

[Image: Zar_zpsd72c1c29.jpg]

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Kailia - 03-30-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: K'ailia Yohko
Race: Miqo'te

Domestic Profile
Civil Status: Citizen
Place of Residence: Mist
Free Company: The Venture Association

Social Profile
K'ailia is originally from Thanalan, but due to her past, has moved to La Noscea and Limsa Lominsa with her older brother who, like herself, is an exile.

Meta Profile
walk-up is welcomed.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Hokujin - 03-30-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Ser Hokujin Timothy Doujin
Race: Highlander Hyur

Domestic Profile
Place of Residence: Mist and Costa del Sol
Free Company: The Venture Association, which he manages

Social Profile
Hokujin was born in the settlement surrounding the Gladiatorial training ground of Halatali. After the Calamity tore the place to the ground, Hokujin moved to Drybone for a time, then to Silver Bazaar, and then to Ul'dah, where he became a Free Paladin. Moons after graduating the Sultansworn, he changed residence to La Noscea to seek a job opportunity under the wealthy Master Gegeruju. He can now be found all over Vylbrand, usually wrestling some type of monster or rescuing a maiden. (For a more detailed description, check out his Wiki entry.)

Meta Profile
In game his name is Hokujin Doujin, and everyone is invited to RP with me if they wish! Whisper me directly to set something up, approach me in the world, or stop by Mist, Ward 3, Lot 27 (named Venture Cottage) to hang out with all of TVA every evening at 5PST/8EST PM. Also a willing tank!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - TransientBardling - 03-30-2014

Personal Profile
Character name: Rauffe Bell
Race: Midlander Hyur

Domestic Profile
Place of Residence:
Mist, La Noscea
Occupation: Free Archer, Journeyman Carpenter, Journeyman Botanist
Free Company: The Venture Association

Social Profile
Rauffe's originally from the backroads and streets of Ul'Dah,
orphaned at a young age to parents that were unable to raise the youngling by themselves.  Forced to make ends meet any way possible, the adventurer went through some extremely rough times and "jobs" before it was decided that enough was enough.  It was time to make a change.  With a new identity, the clothes on his back and very little else, he set off for Gridania, determined to find work and leave the horrors of his past behind.

Meta Profile
All RPers are welcomed, and walkups are perfectly okay. Rauffe's a traveler, though, so please send a tell to let me know you're interested first.  He also hangs out with the TVA at 8 EST (5 PST) most every night, at Mist Ward 3, Lot 27, named the Venture Cottage. Feel free to stop by and hang out!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Blue - 04-21-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Valeria Idavoll.
Race: Highlander Hyur.

Domestic Profile
Civil Status: Resident.
Place of Residence: Maelstrom barracks.
Free Company: No one IC. (Have an OOC FC)

Social Profile
A red-haired girl hailing from a solitary village of hunters situated in one of the islands around Vylbrand. She is sort of a tomboy, quick to speak her mind and without much worry for what others think of her. She moved to Limsa Lominsa when she was recruited by the Maelstrom under recommendation of an anonymous Lominsan dignitary.

She doesn't work hard to climb up the ranks, and that's why even after eight months of military career she is still a mere private. Some may find her lacking discipline, but whose few who have spent some time with her in the Maelstrom know that if Valeria breaks a rule or neglects an order, it's usually for the good of someone. Not too keen to show her softer side or play around, she will not turn down a chance at a friendly bickering spar or training duel.

Meta Profile
Valeria is an alt, and I RP a total eight characters, so I'm not online on her much. When I am though, it's solely to RP. If you wish to meet her and can't see her online, look up for any of the names in my signature. I'm almost always online on one of them (Even when I sleep Undecided...) and will usually switch over if requested, provided that I'm not already RPing with someone else.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - FreelanceWizard - 05-02-2014

*ka-stick*

If any other city-state wants to create a similar directory, I'll sticky those, too.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - cuideag - 05-14-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Jajara Jara
Race: Lalafell (Dunesfolk)

Domestic Profile
Civil Status: Non-resident, non-citizen.
Place of Residence: A room at the Mizzenmast, presently.
Free Company: The Coral Sea (RP)

Social Profile
Though better known in Ul'dah, Jajara Jara is a Goldsmith of generally favorable repute who has found herself staying in Limsa Lominsa far more often as of late. Gossip suggests she is considering taking permanent residence in the city, or at least somewhere in the region. Between her personal and professional lives, the city on the sea has become more and more of an attractive destination.

While in Limsa Lominsa, she can probably be most often found working at the smithy or the markets. The Marauder's Guild has become a favored destination for her as well, and it is not unusual to see the dark-skinned Lalafell practicing with the axe out in the fields of La Noscea.

Meta Profile
I'm CST and I am on far more often than I should be. Always happy to meet new people and RP so if you happen to see me about, please do not hesitate to say hello! I will update this as RP things change as Jajara is currently in a bit of a transitional state.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Star Lin - 05-15-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name:John Waterstrike
Race:Miqo'te, Keep of the moon

Domestic Profile
Civil Status:Resident, noncitizen (original from Ul'dah)
Place of Residence:The Drowning Wench
Free Company:None at the moment

Social Profile
John was pretty much raise in a magic hyur household. He was found as a baby by Johnathan and Kacey Waterstrike when they were one of the first to investigate a caravan attack. When their daughter Tanya saw him, she declare that he was her new baby brother. He has a bit of a sister complex, feeling that he will never be as good as she had been with magic as she was.

After his sister's death during the calaminty, he decided to follow in her footstep and become an Adventurer like she had been. Five years later, he slip from his home with only the clothes on his back and two treasure, a locket with a picture of him and sister and a grimoires that she had brought for his tenth birthday. Just before his arrival in Limsa, he saw a huge starshower, and starting his cursed visions and almost crippling headaches. He has no idea what to make of them, vision of the past...future...or him finally losing his mind.

Landing in Limsa Lominsa, he began to learn about the book and the magic that was held within it. He can usually be found in the Drowning Wench, studying or even being a friendly ear, or down at Fishman's Bottom losing himself in memories as he fishes.

Meta Profile
John doesn't know that the headaches and visions that he surfer from are in fact an extreme version of the Echo that his sister had when she first became an adventurer. While she had control over it, (Tanya my main from 1.0) John has no control over when they happen. Since my main Tanya is on a different server and I'm still working on gearing her up, I probably won't be on very often for RP. I will also be dividing my RP time between him and Kestlona (my RP main). I'll try to hop on to shake off some of his dust for some good old RP action.

Mod note: Fixed it for you by removing the "code" tags.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Star Lin - 05-15-2014

Why is it I seem to have the worst time when I try to use any coding for my posts? *goes off to try and figure out why it's not working*Frustrated

Edit: *give thumb up to mod* Thanks for fixing it.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Adrian - 06-03-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Dhemgeim Shyrdoenwyn
Race: Roegadyn, Sea Wolf

Domestic Profile
Place of Residence: Various inns, most common the Mizzenmast.
Free Company: The Coral Sea (RP).

Social Profile
Once a pirate on a slaver ship called the Hangman, she spent many years eluding the Maelstrom. Mutiny took it down long before the Calamity happened and left Dhemgeim with a desperate need to change her life. Fearing the Maelstrom still, she fled to Ul'dah and took up a life as a gladiator in the Coliseum. The Calamity came and passed and with great effort she rose enough to be trained as a Free Paladin.

Now she spends most of her time on contracts, a sort of honorable mercenary. She seeks to justify her life as a pirate with good deeds.

Meta Profile
Dhemgeim's meant to be rough around the edges but with a heart of gold. She is suspicious of new people but still willing to meet them and very capable of traveling all across Eorzea. I'm on almost all of the day, and if I'm not leveling or running dungeons then I'm most certainly willing to RP. I'm open to walk-ups 100% of the time. I don't mind fight RP or even tavern RP; it's all good to me.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Faustina - 07-07-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Faustina Myrron
Race: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun

Domestic Profile
Place of Residence: Residential district with her parents (off map), though she usually retires at the inn
Free Company: Echoes of Seraphim

Social Profile
Faustina's parents settled in Limsa long before the Calamity, and she was born and raised there. Her father works in the ship yards and is an ex-pirate, while her mother is a jewelry maker who has an active stall in Hawker's Alley. Faustina's dream is to own a chocobo ranch, where she breeds, trains and races the lovely birds. She is working towards that currently by adventuring, treasure hunting with her free company, and creating garments to sell on the market boards. She is a very busy young woman and doesn't stay in one place very long.

Meta Profile
I am always looking for story based RP! I'm fine with random/casual RP as well, but I really like to get storylines going between characters. I think it has to do with me first RPing in forum/message board style games. I am available during the evenings M-F and weekends my availability varies, and I love meeting new people! 

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - C'kayah Polaali - 07-07-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: C'kayah Tia
Race: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun

Domestic Profile
Civil Status: Part-time resident, non-citizen
Place of Residence: Apartment near the Aftcastle
Free Company: Tylwyth Narah

Social Profile
Nominally a resident of Ul'dah, C'kayah maintains homes across Hydaelyn as part of his smuggling operations. He's recently joined a Rogadyn criminal syndicate, Tylwyth Narah, and occupies a position high within the heirarchy. This brings him to Limsa far more often, and he's begun to rent a home there. He probably spends about 25% of his time in the city.

Meta Profile
I'm IC probably 80% of the time, and always happy to RP! I run Tylwyth Narah, which is a criminal FC. We do our own RP, but we also are available to act as villains in other people's arcs. I'm available most evenings.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Whittledown - 07-07-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Obsidian Hornet
Race: Roegadyn, Hellsguard

Domestic Profile
Place of Residence: No permanent residence, currently banned for life from the Mizzenmast.
Occupation: "Problem Solver" for the Maelstrom, no official capacity.
Free Company: The Coral Sea

Social Profile
Obsidian Hornet doesn't linger much in one place for too long. Her typical residence is in Ul'dah since she was kicked out of the Mizzenmast but she frequently returns to Limsa Lominsa to socialize, find work, and dine. Her position with the Maelstrom is one of plausible deniability by the authorities. In technical terms, she has no connection to the Maelstrom. In practice though she does jobs that the Maelstrom wouldn't want their own people to be caught doing. Hornet is a devoted foodie and can be found dining at the Bismark several times a week.

Meta Profile
Hornet is more than happy to meet new people. She's fairly outgoing and enjoys talking to people and asking about their lives. If you run into her in Limsa odds are good that I'm available for RP.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Character Directory - Melodia - 07-07-2014

Personal Profile
Character Name: Rurutani Sasatani (aka Flit, aka Vivikuso)
Race: Lalafell, Dunesfolk

Domestic Profile
Place of Residence: Inn room near the docks, FC home in Lavender Beds
Free Company: Night Blades

Social Profile
While he was once an aspiring Sultansworn in Ul'dah, Ruru hit rock bottom there and left the city to pursue a group threatening his life that was based in Limsa. He is now undercover as a member of the Heavy Handers gang working to find information on the men threatening him his true employer, Heaven's Gate. While there he is finding himself more comfortable, slipping farther into the Limsa underworld of which his watcher/mentor Zhavi is happily guiding him. While he tries not to involve his significant other, Alulu, she is living with him there and supportive of him as long as he remains safe.

Meta Profile
Ruru is a man torn by his normally black and white viewpoint of things and his comfort of dwelling in the gray of late. He's learning and Zhavi is helping him overcome some of his own personal demons with her brand of tough love. I am always available for rp. If you are in Limsa and want to hit me up, just send me a tell (otherwise I may miss you) and I can be ready asap. Look forward to meeting more folks there.