Hydaelyn Role-Players
For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... (/showthread.php?tid=6517)

For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Entity - 02-28-2014

So I read a few posts on this thread and I had no idea there's actually people who WANT to volunteer to be a legit and strong tie/part of a character's family! That really sounds like fun, considering that now that I've been developing Emiiresa's story more as well as Lydahn's(my second main)and Ellerierre's(my third main), I realize I'm not going to be able to play (even less so create) each and every character involved in their stories. If I could I likely would, but that would be way too tedious, plus I'm limited to 8, haha. It's hard enough keeping track of 4-5 different characters and their stories. Which brings me to the reason for this post!

Since reading a certain post on here, I decided I would post a similar post asking for those who would be interested at all in playing as a relative or even a close friend or companion in one of my character's stories. I think the experience would make for much needed motivation for one thing, plus I think something like that would be fun, and it would be a way to meet other RPers who need or want an idea for their character, or to make one!

Emiiresa, to start, now has a pretty big family tree size due to some discoveries, and 3 of her most recent relatives happen to still be alive, one she is still looking for, but still contemplating on whether that one should be alive. As for the other two, they are both still very much alive, and are considered to be Emiiresa's grandparents on her mother's side. Not sure how many there are out there that are okay with playing an older couple with a lalafellin granddaughter though, lol. That said, Emiiresa's race is pretty diverse for a lalafell, so she's often called a "mutt" of sorts by those in Ul'dah. She herself is half Dunesfolk, part Plainsfolk, and part Ala Mhigan. Her Dunesfolk side comes from her father, while her Plainsfolk and Ala Mhigan side come from her mother. Her mother is half-dominant Plainsfolk and half Ala Mhigan. HER mother is full Plainsfolk, while her father is half Ala Mhigan and half Hellsguard, though that gene does not carry over into the family. On her mother's side, Emiiresa's grandmother's name is Yhukubi Kubi, while her grandfather's name is Agetharus Ironfist. I have Emiiresa's family tree developed over two more generations after them, so there's plenty of room for those who want to participate. Also, since her family is so diverse, how you create their lives and story is up to you, though I will give you the base of Agetharus and Yhukubi in a PM should you want to volunteer. ^^ Her story has now led her into Camp Overlook since she now endeavors to learn and soon master the rest of her Alchemy, so she still won't touch base with the Ala Mhigans as of yet.

Meanwhile, Lydahn Falahann(my second main which is a Roegadyn), other than her PC companions, found out awhile ago that her retainer is actually a friend of the family, and once served under her late mother as an assistant/maid. This part can be playable for those interested. Due to a volunteer wanting to be part of Lyda's story, however, Lydahn may or may not have a sibling or close relative. If you want her father to be alive you'll have to convince me; I currently have him pegged as dead, though there is open possibility for him still being alive, should you have a convincing means. Lydahn's family consists of many generations of the Warrior, with the exception of her mother's family, which is a family of Hellsguard that is experienced with magic, however the expertise does not carry into Lydahn's abilities and thus, is no good at magic. Lydahn's dominant race however, which is Hellsgaurd, is tied more with mother's. Lydahn, much like her father and his father and beyond, is born with a gem called the "Dragonheart," a fragment of corrupted energy/aether said to be a fragment of Bahamut's own power. This phenomenon started long ago in the family line, but with Lydahn's grandfather, he learned to seal it away entirely (which I will explain if you're interested), locking it away from further use or growth. Her father, on the other hand, decided it best to tap into its power and learn to control and master it in order to gain immeasurable power as a Warrior. However, using the Dragonheart poses very high risks, and must not be taken lightly. It is also important to note that, as the Dragonheart passes on from one generation to the next, the gem becomes more engrained and fused with the host's body and spirit, making it harder to extract/seal away. That said, after the Calamity her father never returned from Carteneau. A body was never found, and it was eventually believed he was presumed dead. Lydahn was born a day after the Calamity, after her mother fled Limsa and Ul'dah into Coerthas. I will enlighten on details for those who are interested in this story, but those who are well-affiliated with or study dragons have full access to Dragonheart's knowledge without actually having to know Lydahn IC. =]

Ellerierre Arislaunde, my third main, an Elezen, is basically a runaway, deciding to abandon her responsibilities as the heir to not only a vast fortune in Ishgard but also a militia in which her father is still currently leading, and expects her to take control when she comes of age. Until then, however, she does not have access to her father's fortunes, and thus must make her own profits on her own until she decides to return. One thing to take of note is that Ellerierre, as well as her father, owned a personal guard whose Captains, Theolinius and Elevide Falahann, happen to still be alive in Coerthas. She also has an adopted sister she has not heard from since the executions/inquisition in Coerthas had begun (I was planning on keeping her untouched until RDM would come out, if it does come at all, which would be the reason to have her return. Otherwise, she would be an Arcanist.), in which she had believed she was "executed" along with her stepmother during the unjust Dravanian trials, her adopted sister's mother. Ellerierre's own story still progresses even without this happening, it would just be a means to continue her story further, though if anyone has a good idea for her adopted sister then I'd be glad to hear it (She is originally supposed to return having learned a new art of magic in a distant land during her absence.)! Also, Ellerierre has a passionate ambition to become a fashion designer, seeking to become a master Leatherworker as well as a Weaver, so being a student of both, to those who want to have an apprentice, whether it's in WVR, LTW, or both, I'm open for that ^^

My fourth main, Eterna Aihmstrae, is a Hyuran Midlander whose family is a long line of Paladins, known as the Aihmstrae Paladins, who have worked under the Sultanate for generations. Though it seems part of the family's own morals and sense of justice and chivalry have become a little twisted due to the recent state of Ul'dah, Eterna has remained steadfast and true to the original oaths that the family had always stood by as Paladins, and hopes to emulate the true nature of one who fights for their people, and puts their lives down for what's right, rather than what betters their own motives and those of the corrupt. His best friend is a Miqo'te by the [birth]name of Sun'kiba Tia, but is named Skiverisan Zillith by his adoptive father, who's a well-off Carpenter. Eterna also has an older brother by the name of Falchira Aihmstrae, who is almost like Eterna's opposite, but still looks out for him when they're young. When they are old enough to be on their own, Falchira disappears in search of his own path, seeking to come back with a means to change Ul'dah for the better(I don't have a character made for Falchira since the job he would be isn't out, and not sure if it will BE out, unless, like with Ellerierre's sister, you have an idea, in which we can discuss about.=] ) There was also a girl Eterna developed a small crush on when they were little named Wynn Rockwell (Have a friend occupying this role now! ^^), and in time it wound up as a competiton between Eterna and his brother on who could impress her the most. When they were little Wynn seemed to be more impressed with Falchira rather than Eterna, who seemed to always be in his brother's shadow at the time. Eterna has not seen Wynn since then, until recently that is, when Eterna was sent by his father to venture out from Ul'dah to explore Eorzea, much to Eterna's dissatisfaction, and Wynn happened to catch sight of him just before leaving. Together they traveled to Limsa Lominsa, where Eterna has his first view of the outside world. For the time being he has remained in Limsa Lominsa since his recent revisit to Ul'dah, having learned of a rumor that Falchira was in Ul'dah for a time. Wynn and Eterna also had an argument which has left the two estranged since. To those still interested in Eterna's story, I have added 3-4 more spots in his flashback/backstory, all of which are during a time in which Eterna and Wynn were escaping from a bad situation near the Chamber of Rule, though none tied to his family. Just let me know if you're interested and I'll fill you in on the details! ^^

Finally, my 5th main, Sun'kiba Tia (pronounced "Soon-Keebuh")/Skiverisan Zillith, or just "Skiver," as he nicknames himself, is a Miqo'te who was born in the deserts of Thanalan, but grew up in Ul'dah and, together with N'eimanu Achuuk, was raised by a traveling Carpenter from Gridania. They were raised to consider each other siblings, but they are not directly related by blood. While Sun'kiba prefers to lead a solitary lifestyle away from his roots, N'eimanu is more family-oriented, and wants to do everything she can to restore her tribe's honor and pride, as she later learns of what's become of the new tribe created from her and Sun'kiba's elders. I have N'eimanu in Hyperion, but considering everything above, I will likely not have room to put her in Balmung with everyone else, so the position for N'eimanu is open ^^. Growing up with his adoptive father, Sun'kiba grew to like the wandering lifestyle, and with his father's fisherman and Carpenter lifestyle, he grew to love it even more than the life he left behind before meeting him. His adoptive father is still very much alive, and currently lives in Limsa Lominsa, where he spends his days as a fisherman and Carpenter by trade, so far doing well [enough] for himself. This position is also open for grabs. However he MUST be a Hyur Midlander. His last name is Zillith but the first name is up to you =] . It looks like THF/NIN is coming to XIV fairly soon, so I'll be playing this char in the near future! If anyone is interested in this storyline let me know!

But yeah, if any of these 5 storylines interests you in anyway, let me know and we can set something up! Also, due to some recent developments in Lydahn and Emiiresa's story, my LS "ouRPlayground" may be going officially IC soon, though receiving the linkpearl can only be achieved if you have good standing with Emiiresa as an associate or seeker of the magic arts. Just in case, however, I DO have an OOC LS alternate called "ouRPardon," if you are still contemplating about it. The link in my signature will point you to a little bit of Emiiresa's background as well as story. The others I do not have in written form, but I'll be more than happy to elaborate in a PM if you're interested! I will be putting Lydahn's story in a wiki in the near future, however, so eventually Lydahn's story will be up for full access as well!

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Chaska - 02-28-2014

Hi there! I'm still fresh to the lore of FFXIV, but I figured I'd give a few characters a shot for roleplaying purposes because it looks fun!

Out of curiosity how old is Eterna? I was planning on having Wynn around 18-22, but I could work around that since her personality and traits provide plenty of wiggle room.

I actually have a female Hyur named Wynn Rockwell who's birthplace is actually Ul'dah. Since then she's moved around quite a bit, but she does return from time to time to visit her family and relax.

She's a short little thing, but has a good amount of strength hidden behind her size and some good muscle tone too! Appearance wise she has dark skin, blue-green eyes, and hair tied in two pigtails she frequently dyes chocolate brown. The actual color is a mystery to anyone who hasn't seen her as a youngster or when her roots start to show. Her outfits are always light and comfy. Usually cloth and leather when the weather permits. She has several scars that only prove the point. Some being on her face and others resting on other parts of her body. Most from brawls she got into either by mistake or because she can't quite keep her mouth shut.

Wynn is optimistic and generally a social creature and doesn't hesitate to chatter on about anything and everything. She doesn't have much to hide and tends to be fairly vocal about her mistakes. (Which she makes a lot of.) She comes from parents who had simple lifestyles for the most part. Her mother repairs armor and her father trains interested folk in hand to hand combat. Wynn herself was subject to some of his training for a while solely for the purpose of self defense when she was a youngster.

Her moral compass is usually pointed towards good. Rarely does she deviate to criminal activities and it would take a lot to push her to do so. While she doesn't approve of criminal activity a good tussle now and then is fine by her. She's a bit competitive and has grown more rowdy compared to when she was a child. Her training with her pop has knocked away anything that would've caused her to shy away from a punch to the face or gut. Or a sword or magic for that matter. She's a good person at heart but... She tends to communicate with her fists when push comes to shove or someone gets in her face. She also tends to be hasty and careless. Not exactly a safe lifestyle on her part.

Her goals in life consist of making lots and lots of Gil. As much Gil as she can really. Wynn's dream is to have one of the best and most elaborate looking house she can afford in one of the housing areas. Preferably the Goblet, but anything works. And because of this she hasn't decided on a solid discipline quite yet. She's testing the waters and going for something that will help net her lots of money. Not that she's necessarily good at any discipline when she tries it. Her father often suggests to just fall back on hand to hand combat and become a well known adventurer. 

While she does love her parents she wants a place of her own. It's her big goal in life and if she has to make over 50mil Gil to get there she'll do it. If you're going to have a house you might as well go all the way and get the biggest one possible right? Right?

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Entity - 02-28-2014

(02-28-2014, 05:22 PM)Yuvah Wrote: Hi there! I'm still fresh to the lore of FFXIV, but I figured I'd give a few characters a shot for roleplaying purposes because it looks fun!

Out of curiosity how old is Eterna? I was planning on having Wynn around 18-22, but I could work around that since her personality and traits provide plenty of wiggle room.

I actually have a female Hyur named Wynn Rockwell who's birthplace is actually Ul'dah. Since then she's moved around quite a bit, but she does return from time to time to visit her family and relax.

She's a short little thing, but has a good amount of strength hidden behind her size and some good muscle tone too! Appearance wise she has dark skin, blue-green eyes, and hair tied in two pigtails she frequently dyes chocolate brown. The actual color is a mystery to anyone who hasn't seen her as a youngster or when her roots start to show. Her outfits are always light and comfy. Usually cloth and leather when the weather permits. She has several scars that only prove the point. Some being on her face and others resting on other parts of her body. Most from brawls she got into either by mistake or because she can't quite keep her mouth shut.

Wynn is optimistic and generally a social creature and doesn't hesitate to chatter on about anything and everything. She doesn't have much to hide and tends to be fairly vocal about her mistakes. (Which she makes a lot of.) She comes from parents who had simple lifestyles for the most part. Her mother repairs armor and her father trains interested folk in hand to hand combat. Wynn herself was subject to some of his training for a while solely for the purpose of self defense when she was a youngster.

Her moral compass is usually pointed towards good. Rarely does she deviate to criminal activities and it would take a lot to push her to do so. While she doesn't approve of criminal activity a good tussle now and then is fine by her. She's a bit competitive and has grown more rowdy compared to when she was a child. Her training with her pop has knocked away anything that would've caused her to shy away from a punch to the face or gut. Or a sword or magic for that matter. She's a good person at heart but... She tends to communicate with her fists when push comes to shove or someone gets in her face. She also tends to be hasty and careless. Not exactly a safe lifestyle on her part.

Her goals in life consist of making lots and lots of Gil. As much Gil as she can really. Wynn's dream is to have one of the best and most elaborate looking house she can afford in one of the housing areas. Preferably the Goblet, but anything works. And because of this she hasn't decided on a solid discipline quite yet. She's testing the waters and going for something that will help net her lots of money. Not that she's necessarily good at any discipline when she tries it. Her father often suggests to just fall back on hand to hand combat and become a well known adventurer. 

While she does love her parents she wants a place of her own. It's her big goal in life and if she has to make over 50mil Gil to get there she'll do it. If you're going to have a house you might as well go all the way and get the biggest one possible right? Right?

Heyas thnx for replying! I only have his age recorded back when he was little roaming the streets of Ul'dah, so not sure how old he would be now. If I had to make a choice, I think he'll probably be about 19-20, most likely 20 by now. Now that I think about Eterna, he's likely a very naïve person given that he follows the code of his family much more committedly than his brother did, maybe even his parents, and that this code is not universal and is only a result of him being in Ul'dah. That said it ties more with his naivety and inexperience with the world outside of Ul'dah, so someone who could get him to explore and learn more about the world outside would be an interesting thing! Though if Wynn is the type to LIKE to get into trouble if it's tempting enough, Eterna might be against that, given his very high moral standing. But yeah, I have not started on him for lack of people able to mesh with his storyline, but if you're really up for it I can start committing to him! ^^ Oh before I forget, would Wynn be the "girl from when he was younger" in question? Or just someone he meets? It would tell me if Wynn is someone Eterna knows or it's just someone he meets along the way.

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Chaska - 03-01-2014

I think Wynn would definitely be a gal who'd show someone like Eterna different outlooks on like and attitudes and such. Life is generally an adventure for her so she doesn't hesitate to try new things which only broadens her horizon. Wynn prefers not to call it 'trouble' but when someone starts something with her in a tavern there will most likely be a barfight and I can probably assume Eterna would not approve of that whatsoever. 

Oh she could definitely be the girl from when he was younger. Meshing storylines is fun and it would certainly be a fun opportunity to explore their childhoods and what influenced them to be the way they are today. Seeing how someone has grown is really neat for character development. c:

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Entity - 03-02-2014

Alright awesome! :D I've been wondering when I might have a chance to use Eterna! ^^ I sent you a PM for the details and setups ^^

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Entity - 03-04-2014

BTW this does not mean I do not have time for anyone else! If anyone else would like to participate with the same character or one of the others in some way, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Whatever RP time is not spent RPing with someone is time that could be spent with another! =]

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - LandStander - 05-19-2014

Noooo, get out of duty so I can talk to you!

Well I'll just write it here. So I never noticed this post from forever ago and I realized that Denn and Lydahn have a very similar background. Denn also has a Sea Wolf mother and a Hellsguard father, but takes after her father (which is why she appears as a Hellsguard). 

I had it written that her mother died during child birth, but I always wanted this to not be true and she was simply told this before her mother left. Now her father was in and out of her life as he was a mercenary and was never really around to take care of her. This could be an excuse as well for having him visit Lydahn, his other child? Denn was mostly raised by her grandfather in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere in Coerthas. This is where I suppose the stories from both of our characters get wonky because her grandfather played a very large and important role in her life so he kind of has to be there. I'm not sure what you have written about Lydahn's grandfather yet. 

Anyway her father ended up never returning for some years and her grandfather died of old age and so Denn set out into the world. I had her recently do a story arc where she found out what happened to her father, he died while protecting a town from pieste's and was petrified in the process, so now he is just a statue. This went into Denn retrieving her fathers axe and she has been retraining as a warrior secretly (as she is only known as being a pugilist IC).

Now I think I can bend some things and throw in stuff about the Dragonheart (Denn would probably not have this trait, maybe she has taken more after her mother seeing as the sea cries out to her and she secretly wants to be a pirate and not a mercenary like her father and grandfather and their fathers). I suppose the only thing I am saying is that the grandfather thing might be the hardest part to work around. If you think this can work let me know Big Grin.

I was trying to poke you in game about it but you and your dungeons >.o and now I have to go to work. Sorry if this is all over the place. Trying to type it up quickly as I only have like 3 mins left before I have to leave lol

Edit: I suppose I should add that Denn is 28

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Entity - 05-20-2014

(05-19-2014, 02:26 PM)LandStander Wrote: Noooo, get out of duty so I can talk to you!

Well I'll just write it here. So I never noticed this post from forever ago and I realized that Denn and Lydahn have a very similar background. Denn also has a Sea Wolf mother and a Hellsguard father, but takes after her father (which is why she appears as a Hellsguard). 

I had it written that her mother died during child birth, but I always wanted this to not be true and she was simply told this before her mother left. Now her father was in and out of her life as he was a mercenary and was never really around to take care of her. This could be an excuse as well for having him visit Lydahn, his other child? Denn was mostly raised by her grandfather in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere in Coerthas. This is where I suppose the stories from both of our characters get wonky because her grandfather played a very large and important role in her life so he kind of has to be there. I'm not sure what you have written about Lydahn's grandfather yet. 

Anyway her father ended up never returning for some years and her grandfather died of old age and so Denn set out into the world. I had her recently do a story arc where she found out what happened to her father, he died while protecting a town from pieste's and was petrified in the process, so now he is just a statue. This went into Denn retrieving her fathers axe and she has been retraining as a warrior secretly (as she is only known as being a pugilist IC).

Now I think I can bend some things and throw in stuff about the Dragonheart (Denn would probably not have this trait, maybe she has taken more after her mother seeing as the sea cries out to her and she secretly wants to be a pirate and not a mercenary like her father and grandfather and their fathers). I suppose the only thing I am saying is that the grandfather thing might be the hardest part to work around. If you think this can work let me know Big Grin.

I was trying to poke you in game about it but you and your dungeons >.o and now I have to go to work. Sorry if this is all over the place. Trying to type it up quickly as I only have like 3 mins left before I have to leave lol

Edit: I suppose I should add that Denn is 28

Heyas chica! Yeah you had caught me when I went to help a friend do a HM primal, sorry about that! ^^; Anywho, this is in case I don't see you in game tonight.

The little bit you've told me so far on your char looks fairly interesting. The only parts I can see here that might be an issue would be the grandfather thing, which actually wouldn't be too difficult to work out once I explain a bit more on Lydahn and what we can fix up or change possibly, and the manner in which your father died and what happened as a result. I actually just finished a developmental RP with Lydahn and a friend, and it is now at a point where my friend, as Lydahn's current "caretaker" IC, receives from Wyrnzoen in a message, a letter followed by a package which contains her father's weapon, but is not permitted to use it until she can better control her fury as well as the Dragonheart energy inside her. Wyrnzoen gave the weapon to him because he has no knowledge of any relatives who are still alive that could fill that role, and my friend, as Lydahn's caretaker, was the only viable option. I kinda have a way to counteract this conflict with you getting the axe from your father as a pose to Lydahn getting it from Wyrnzoen or my friend through means of a gift, but in order to do it it would have to involve you making some kind of contact with my friend before you meet Lydahn, so as to satisfy the condition that Denn would be the one with the weapon, and not Lydahn. However, before this time, Lydahn had not been using her father's weapon.

I suppose I don't have a problem with the manner of her father's death but we'll talk about that later. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps the axe Denn took was not his ACTUAL axe, and rather that, the axe Lydahn is expected to receive is the one he fought with during his time as a mercenary, as well as the Battle of Carteneau.

I think for me the biggest concern will be the names. To start, Lydahn Falahann isn't her actual name, but rather it was given to her by the people who opted to take care of her when she was born into an orphaned life in Coerthas. That said her real name is unknown, but her birth mother's full name is Koenainghil Lihtleitawyb if I remember correctly. However, I'd be willing to make changes if Denn's last name belongs to her mother. I'm kinda already set on her father's and grandfather's names so I'm a little iffy about changing theirs; their names are based on their abilities and the kind of people they were, and Lydahn's real name, takes after her parent's names. However I'm still deciding on whether that should be her real name or not. I wouldn't want there to be two mothers going on here cause to me it would kind of sully the sanctity of her family here. lol I know that sounds weird but yeah, we can talk about it sometime and see what we can do about the family ties thing.

Obviously Lydahn's not gonna have ANY recollection about a sister in her life, especially considering she doesn't even know her real name yet, but I think that would be an interesting twist to have in the near future once we sort everything out, it's kinda exciting! However, as of now she's been recuperating at the basement of the Marauder's Guild since the last time she spent with her caretaker, so if you wanna set up a time when the two meet, we can do that. If you want that time to be ASAP, you're gonna have to think of a reason she would go down to the basement of the Marauder's Guild lol.

I should probably mention this too but, due to the Dragonheart she's still suffering from side effects from it (i.e. memory loss, speech impediments), so yeah. Well I just wanted to write all this out for you in case I don't see you in game anytime soon. Whatever questions you may have we can discuss in-game. I apologize again if I wasn't able to reach ya! >.< I was so focused on trying to get my Daystar and I wound up capping at 709, but now it should be reset =]

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Serpentine - 05-20-2014

Hello, I'm also interested in Eterna! He seems like he'd fit in well with the free company I'm officer/co-owner (Twelve's hymn )of though i see you have a linkshell already/dunno if it's also a free company. They're a group of people committed to helping others in the wake of the calamity and he seems like he'd share a lot of their values. 

I play a character who gathers information/looks into people of interest for the company and I could see him trying to recruit Eterna or at the very least showing an interest in him as someone who isn't corrupt in Ul'dah. Thomas could offer him a job or try to recruit him or even just attempt to become friends. Or even offer information on any crimes that might be going down that Eterna could step in and stop. He's a midlander Hyur who hangs around Ul'dah (Usually in gambling dens) and he's very social/charming. He's not the moral of guys but tries due to owning the free company owner his life. He's an ex criminal so he can be a bit sketchy at times.   

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - LandStander - 05-20-2014

Well all the stories I haven written so far make no mention of a name for a mother or a grandfather as I never really decided on their names so I simply never had Denn refer to them in any of her stories by their real names. Denn never met her mother so she never brings her up and her grandfather never spoke much about her so that is completely open. Those names can be really anything. The only name that is in there is Denn's father name. Ahtahrm..and its part of Denn's name...Ahtahrmwyn, Daughter of Eight Arms. Which would be extremely difficult to work around and we might not be able to pull off ; ; . As well as I have written quite a few stories with Denn's grandfather (coming to her in her dreams and childhood stuff) so he kind of already has a personality of being a strong, wise, and calm person (which might fit? Idk, you said he sealed away his dragon thing so the two personalities might fit?). 

Her grandfather rarely ever left Denn's side as he was her prime care taker in the constant absence of her father who would go out and do mercenary work. I figured this can be the excuse used to have the father able to keep in contact with both of his daughters. Maybe even spending more time with Lydahn as she had the heart and Denn did not? The grandfather who sealed away his Dragonheart stayed with Denn to raise her and the father spent most of his time with Lydahn to teach her how to use it? Or perhaps Denn and Lydhan were both born with the Dragonheart but because Denn is such a hot head that their grandfather's training was focused around sealing it within Denn as she would be too destructive with it. I did write her as a woman who has a very high aether (but has no idea how to use it) content and as she nears death she kind of explodes. Just throwing out ideas here xD. 

The axe thing can be worked out, I think. The reason I choose the name Eight Arms was just because he was suppose to be an extremely powerful man who was said to have the strength of four Roegadyn (hence the arms). This could possibly be even attributed to the Dragonheart. He could have simply used two giant axes in battle because he was strong enough to dual wield them, one Lydahn found and one Denn found. Or we can simply say the axe that Denn found was actually her grandfathers axe (as he has played a more important role in Denn's life) and it was on their father?

Now the only weird thing I find in Lydhan's story, unrelated to us trying to work out a connection, is that Lydahn was born after the Calamity...The Calamity happened 5 years ago >.>

But yeah, if things can't be worked out because we have already sort of begun the development of our characters than it is fine Big Grin. 

Edit: Whoops, just noticed you said Lydahn was an orphan so you can scrap all that stuff about how they could have both known the father xD. But thinking about the whole fathers name thing, what is Lydahn's fathers name? I had Denn's grandfather as being more a traditional and conservative person who preferred to use the Roegadyn tongue (and not dumb down their names into the common language), which is why Denn has a Sea Wolf-esque name and not a Hellsguard-esque name. If you choose a Hellsguard name for Lydahns father we might be able to work something about the grandfather refusing to call him by that name which is why Denn knows him as one name and Lydahn knows him by the other?

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Entity - 05-20-2014

(05-20-2014, 02:57 PM)LandStander Wrote: Well all the stories I haven written so far make no mention of a name for a mother or a grandfather as I never really decided on their names so I simply never had Denn refer to them in any of her stories by their real names. Denn never met her mother so she never brings her up and her grandfather never spoke much about her so that is completely open. Those names can be really anything. The only name that is in there is Denn's father name. Ahtahrm..and its part of Denn's name...Ahtahrmwyn, Daughter of Eight Arms. Which would be extremely difficult to work around and we might not be able to pull off ; ; . As well as I have written quite a few stories with Denn's grandfather (coming to her in her dreams and childhood stuff) so he kind of already has a personality of being a strong, wise, and calm person (which might fit? Idk, you said he sealed away his dragon thing so the two personalities might fit?). 

Her grandfather rarely ever left Denn's side as he was her prime care taker in the constant absence of her father who would go out and do mercenary work. I figured this can be the excuse used to have the father able to keep in contact with both of his daughters. Maybe even spending more time with Lydahn as she had the heart and Denn did not? The grandfather who sealed away his Dragonheart stayed with Denn to raise her and the father spent most of his time with Lydahn to teach her how to use it? Or perhaps Denn and Lydhan were both born with the Dragonheart but because Denn is such a hot head that their grandfather's training was focused around sealing it within Denn as she would be too destructive with it. I did write her as a woman who has a very high aether (but has no idea how to use it) content and as she nears death she kind of explodes. Just throwing out ideas here xD. 

The axe thing can be worked out, I think. The reason I choose the name Eight Arms was just because he was suppose to be an extremely powerful man who was said to have the strength of four Roegadyn (hence the arms). This could possibly be even attributed to the Dragonheart. He could have simply used two giant axes in battle because he was strong enough to dual wield them, one Lydahn found and one Denn found. Or we can simply say the axe that Denn found was actually her grandfathers axe (as he has played a more important role in Denn's life) and it was on their father?

Now the only weird thing I find in Lydhan's story, unrelated to us trying to work out a connection, is that Lydahn was born after the Calamity...The Calamity happened 5 years ago >.>

But yeah, if things can't be worked out because we have already sort of begun the development of our characters than it is fine Big Grin. 

Edit: Whoops, just noticed you said Lydahn was an orphan so you can scrap all that stuff about how they could have both known the father xD. But thinking about the whole fathers name thing, what is Lydahn's fathers name? I had Denn's grandfather as being more a traditional and conservative person who preferred to use the Roegadyn tongue (and not dumb down their names into the common language), which is why Denn has a Sea Wolf-esque name and not a Hellsguard-esque name. If you choose a Hellsguard name for Lydahns father we might be able to work something about the grandfather refusing to call him by that name which is why Denn knows him as one name and Lydahn knows him by the other?

I'll send you a private message in response then we can discuss the finer details of their stories and see what we can do =]

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Entity - 05-22-2014

Heyas Denn, in case I don't see you ingame, I did some brainstorming this morning and finally got an idea we can use to link everything together! I sent it to you in a private message :3

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Entity - 05-22-2014

(05-20-2014, 01:04 PM)Serpentine Wrote: Hello, I'm also interested in Eterna! He seems like he'd fit in well with the free company I'm officer/co-owner (Twelve's hymn )of though i see you have a linkshell already/dunno if it's also a free company. They're a group of people committed to helping others in the wake of the calamity and he seems like he'd share a lot of their values. 

I play a character who gathers information/looks into people of interest for the company and I could see him trying to recruit Eterna or at the very least showing an interest in him as someone who isn't corrupt in Ul'dah. Thomas could offer him a job or try to recruit him or even just attempt to become friends. Or even offer information on any crimes that might be going down that Eterna could step in and stop. He's a midlander Hyur who hangs around Ul'dah (Usually in gambling dens) and he's very social/charming. He's not the moral of guys but tries due to owning the free company owner his life. He's an ex criminal so he can be a bit sketchy at times.   

Oh hello Serpentine, glad you responded! It sounds interesting what you got! However I actually have done some progression with Eterna and he's currently not in Ul'dah. Though he'll be back there before long once he's around level 30 or so. =] If you would like more info I can send you a private message with some details and we can see where it goes from there! =]

RE: For Those Who Want to Be Family or Connected to the Story... - Serpentine - 05-23-2014

When he gets back to Ul'dah I'd be happy to rp with you! Though the company HQ is in Gridania so they meet around there as well. I'd love a pm with more details to work stuff out.