Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Disbanded] Friends of Momodi OOC - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Disbanded] Friends of Momodi OOC (/showthread.php?tid=6411)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 04:55 PM)Kamome Wrote: Do we have a Mumble/Vent/voice chat at all? If not, are there any for Balmung out there? 

While I learn the game I just wanted a good OOC voice group to learn with/hear from.

I don't think there are any active general chat ones. Many FCs have them, but their openness is up to leaders.

I'm happy to help explain in text anytime! (Or we can go ghetto and use a skype voice chat group).

If I had more bandwidth, I'd run a mumble server. The configuration is pretty simple to set up and manage, but internet upload speeds and bandwidth are a bit more difficult.

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - Kamome - 01-22-2015

That makes sense--the LSes run pretty big so far from what I've seen. 

Everyone has been really helpful so far. I think I'll just wait for the day I join an FC down the line for voice chat. : D

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - Kage - 01-22-2015

A little derailment from the LS. There are many FCs here that use Enjin. Enjin provides a voip (TeamSpeak 3 or Mumble) depending on your level or how many simultaneous user connections is bought.

Try to see if any of the FCs in the Linkshells category mention having constant VOIP chatter. Not just for raids (so see if their Enjin lists different chatrooms such as Casual Table talk, Lounge etc.) I'm mainly in PVE so the FC I'm in does tend to have that type of interaction. It also enjoys regular monthly meetings that utilize the VOIP for discussions.

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - SessionZero - 01-22-2015

Hii! I whispered Franz earlier this evening for an invite but he said the shell was full, so he recommended I post here saying I'm looking for an invite in case there's anyone you can... ahem... "cull" Tongue

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-23-2015

Just a tidbit! I don't really like the idea of an official voice for the LS, because I feel like it segregates people.

I know some people don't feel comfortable talking on voice, or don't have a Mic, and then they are left out of all the conversations that happen on that.

Anyone is of course free to make one, (I might even poke in from time to time!) but I sort of like it that everyone is in one place.

Thoughts? If a lot of people really want one, it can be figured out!

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - Khivva - 01-29-2015

Was hoping to join this LS. ;U; Not really sure how.. ahah. Who should I whisper?

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-29-2015

I will add you later if I remember, but we might be all full once again.

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-29-2015

If the linkshell isn't full, I should be online within an hour's time.

Poke Franz Renatus for anything!

RE: Friends of Momodi OOC - Desu Nee - 01-29-2015

I'll love to participate even if I don't feel worthy among so many veterans :L

(01-29-2015, 07:57 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: I'll love to participate even if I don't feel worthy among so many veterans :L

I will hunt you down and invite you in.

It's a very lively linkshell.

(01-29-2015, 08:04 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: [youtube]mmLRTVYgEq4[/youtube]
(01-29-2015, 07:57 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: I'll love to participate even if I don't feel worthy among so many veterans :L

(01-29-2015, 08:12 PM)Desu Nee Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 08:04 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: [youtube]mmLRTVYgEq4[/youtube]

Noting to never be drinking a beverage and reading these forums at the same time.

(01-29-2015, 08:14 PM)wasurete Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 08:12 PM)Desu Nee Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 08:04 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

[youtube]mmLRTVYgEq4[/youtube]

Noting to never be drinking a beverage and reading these forums at the same time.

I've had to relearn that many many times.

...but don't worry! Franz might look like a tall scary Highlander, but he isn't! He's a tall scary-looking Garlean who is usually friendly~

Sure, then, name's Ququki Quki :>

(01-29-2015, 08:20 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I've had to relearn that many many times.

...but don't worry! Franz might look like a tall scary Highlander, but he isn't! He's a tall scary-looking Garlean who is usually friendly~

sdlkfjds doesn't make him any less scary.