Hydaelyn Role-Players
ex primals groups - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: ex primals groups (/showthread.php?tid=6385)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

ex primals groups - lia yia - 02-17-2014

seems like getting a group for me is hard. Hardly any learning parties and long DF queues with a high chance of them droping after 1st or 2nd try.  The way thing are going now I don't know if I will get a chance at a Levi weapon. I have not even beaten my 1st ex primal yet.

RE: ex primals groups - Nebbs - 02-18-2014

I know what you mean, I just laugh at the PF where they only want perfection. Yet if you go in these many are not what they seem.

Maybe a LS or get one of the existing PvE LS to wake up?

I have not seen a pwning group through DF or PF since I got my 1st relic back before there was PF. In fact I would say the intolerance only keeps rising.

RE: ex primals groups - Aleister - 02-18-2014

The only thing PF is gonna get 50/50 chance of getting done is Garuda and Ifrit Extreme. DF only promises a 50/50 chance of getting Ifrit down only. Titan will always be a (in my opinion) a promised wipe run for both. Unless you're gonna queue up during Japanese prime time DF it ain't worth it for Titan.

If you jump right on it when 2.2 is released I honestly see you having no problem getting Leviathan killed a couple a times, might not get the weapon but you'll have killed it. Everyone will be rushing to learn the fight and spamming her for loot the first few weeks as with any content released and progression. I only see a problem if Leviathan extreme requires you do complete all the old primal extremes first.

Quote:I know what you mean, I just laugh at the PF where they only want perfection. Yet if you go in these many are not what they seem.

I don't get why they demand perfection when they are bleh themselves. I Really hate those guys who set a god damn high ilvl requirement yet have a lower ilvl themselves. Like no jerk, I ain't gonna carry your ass to a free win.

Best bet would be a LS with confident people or have confident friends to bang on primals extreme till you learn and get it down. (By confident I mean they won't be bailing anytime soon or losing hope or something.)

You can hit me up if you need a WAR/BRD. I'm more than down half the time to help with learning runs for a bit, ask Aeriyn she is mah proof. I know the fights well and can offer any tips and tricks here and there for tanking/dps. Smile I thought about using my social hub LS or just making a LS dedicated for this type of situation people would have but I'm not sure if it kick off the ground. >.< Cause it sucks you know when you're starting late or whatever reason and are unable to catch up and complete content.

RE: ex primals groups - lia yia - 02-18-2014

On EX Garuda the farthest I made it was when the clones appear.

RE: ex primals groups - Kage - 02-18-2014

My FC is pretty much having this issue. I haven't experienced it since I haven't unlocked them yet but most of them can barely get into any good Garuda Ex groups.

RE: ex primals groups - Steel Wolf - 02-18-2014

I've gotten only as far as unlocking entry to EX Garuda.  Beyond that, I haven't even touched the matter--no DF queueing, no research, no reading....nuffin'.

Trying to secure some contacts who would be willing to walk blind with me.  Also, slowly chipping away at my fear of the Roulette.

I cry evrytiem.

(02-18-2014, 10:28 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I've gotten only as far as unlocking entry to EX Garuda.  Beyond that, I haven't even touched the matter--no DF queueing, no research, no reading....nuffin'.

Trying to secure some contacts who would be willing to walk blind with me.  Also, slowly chipping away at my fear of the Roulette.

I cry evrytiem.
I quite remember saying you can hit me up for things if I've unlocked them now that you're on Balmung... Big Grin

Especially since we're in the best LS ever but you'll need me to actually unlock EX Garuda if we do that @_@;

(02-18-2014, 10:35 AM)ExKage Wrote: I quite remember saying you can hit me up for things if I've unlocked them now that you're on Balmung... Big Grin

Especially since we're in the best LS ever but you'll need me to actually unlock EX Garuda if we do that @_@;

Aye, I recall....and I also recall that I'm willing to walk with you as well. :3

Also, no rush in unlocking things. Truly. <3

RE: ex primals groups - Evie - 02-18-2014

I'm interested in Extreme Modes. I've defeated Garuda and have tried to do Titan a few times, but considering that fight is the ONLY fight my computer seems to mysteriously lag, it's been pretty difficult. Thought exciting at the same time.

I have an i87 Scholar (my main), but also have a WHM and SMN in the upper i70s. Feel free to hit me up and if my FC isn't doing anything I'd be happy to join.

RE: ex primals groups - lia yia - 02-18-2014

thanks to those that are willing to help. I will most like go after just one of the weapons because I don't want too put with the way the community is over the fights.  I mean after day 1 it's like exp players only. I don't like when play ask for harder things and yet not help other players with it. If anything kills this game it's going to be most likely be the community.

I mean look at what happen in WoW: cata(pre: 4.3). lots avoided heroics because of the community.

(02-18-2014, 01:17 PM)lia yia Wrote: thanks to those that are willing to help. I will most like go after just one of the weapons because I don't want too put with the way the community is over the fights.  I mean after day 1 it's like exp players only. I don't like when play ask for harder things and yet not help other players with it. If anything kills this game it's going to be most likely be the community.

I mean look at what happen in WoW: cata(pre: 4.3). lots avoided heroics because of the community.
I know that feel, Lala-bro.

Mercifully, it's been my experience--in these forums, certainly--that there are people who are willing to work alongside folks who are newly entering this whole "endgame" thing.  I'm a total noobiscuit at this stuff myself, but it's been REALLY encouraging how encouraging people have been.

...uh...you...you get what I mean.

For the record, I'm only iL71, so I REALLLLY should get over my paralysis of the Roulette to get the final pieces of Mythic kit though.  o.o

*meep*

I'm only an i78-79(depending if you want the accuracy or so) BLM. I've been told that I should be able to do Garuda Ex but I've been sorta afraid about actually trying.

RE: ex primals groups - Elyscia - 02-18-2014

I've had minimal experience in Garuda HM, but I've picked some of it up well enough.

If anybody requires an iLevel 82 WHM, please let me know. I'd like to accomplish it, bit I don't mind trying it out to help others, either. Please PM me, OK.

iL78, eh?  In that case....

*in his best Ilidan Stormrage voice*

...I am not prepared. XD

RE: ex primals groups - Elyscia - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 02:28 PM)ExKage Wrote: I'm only an i78-79(depending if you want the accuracy or so) BLM. I've been told that I should be able to do Garuda Ex but I've been sorta afraid about actually trying.
Mmn, as DPS it isn't too hard - it's more to do with positioning. At the start you stay around the middle to avoid the AOEs damaging the pillars, then you run behind the pillars to avoid being wanged on, then a few other things..

Though, it'll be much easier to show you in the actual fight. I wonder if anybody would be up for a learning party tonight?