Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for more RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking for more RP (/showthread.php?tid=6334)

Pages: 1 2 3

Looking for more RP - Mimiko - 02-11-2014

Hello there! 

I am looking for more people to rp with. I am currently in a FC that things have kinda slowed down at the moment due to people having a life Im assuming. Im not currently willing to leave because there are a lot of people in it I like and they are fun to rp with. So if you see me in game please don't be shy to say hello. I am usually on most nights from 6-11 est. 

Hope to see you around!

I have added my wiki link to help provide some extra information.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mimiko_Miyuki

RE: Looking for more RP - Whittledown - 02-11-2014

Saw your last thread, I hope things pick up for you!

If you see Obsidian Hornet around in game feel free to say hi Smile

RE: Looking for more RP - Aldotsk - 02-11-2014

You can always shout to Ellaria Althene if you'd like to chat Smile

How about joining my Culinary Corporation? It's not Free Company, but lot of potential to work on your culinary skills and roleplay with it!

RE: Looking for more RP - Celsius - 02-11-2014

If you ever see me around, feel free to RP with me! I've been having trouble finding some myself too.

RE: Looking for more RP - dragonspecpc - 02-11-2014

I too, have been having a hard time finding people. Not because i don't actively try. But because i refuse to engage in sexual scenes. Which sort of puts me in the Firing Range, with this community. As Obsidian said, you can hit me up any time. Saturday nights, at 9/10pm EST, there is an RP event called The Grindstone. It's a Tournament fighting, sort of Gladiator setting, event. So you have the opportunity to meet and mingle with the audience, while having something to bring people together. If your character might be an on-looker, of such an event. You can always, life permitting, find me at the Tournament. Currently, i am the champion, my second week now. So i have time to rp, while i wait for people to ascend to the final Tier. 

You can find me in-game under: Von'jir Tia. Have a look in the Linkshell hall, for Looking for Roleplay(Age Appropriate). If you believe it is for you, message me to join. Our community exists to help people find rp partners.

RE: Looking for more RP - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 05:03 PM)dragonspecpc Wrote: I too, have been having a hard time finding people. Not because i don't actively try. But because i refuse to engage in sexual scenes. Which sort of puts me in the Firing Range, with this community.
I don't think that this community ostracizes people who don't participate in sexual scenes... The vast majority of my RP contacts have nothing at all to do with any romance type activities. If people are straight up propositioning you in the street... then that's not really RP. However my character for example often uses flirting and jokes to break the ice when meeting new people, I don't view that as a "sexual scene" though.

On a side note, my char is usually hanging out in the quicksand PST nights. I'm always happy to make new connections.

Then you are lucky. The few people I've approached, wouldn't continue rp, if it wasn't included. Von is a pirate IC, so i do flirting too. But only to a certain extent, because i don't want to mislead. I asked around, and was told to avoid Quicksand, if i wasn't "willing". Because it, and Bronze Lake were the hubs for those types of Rp. Apparently people presume taverns are always people looking to take someone home.. Which, i would think is incorrect. But it would appear a lot of the people who have sexually harassed me, for not being willing; hang out there. So that is the primary reason i do not enter the Quicksand.

(02-11-2014, 05:30 PM)dragonspecpc Wrote: Then you are lucky. The few people I've approached, wouldn't continue rp, if it wasn't included. Von is a pirate IC, so i do flirting too. But only to a certain extent, because i don't want to mislead. I asked around, and was told to avoid Quicksand, if i wasn't "willing". Because it, and Bronze Lake were the hubs for those types of Rp. Apparently people presume taverns are always people looking to take someone home.. Which, i would think is incorrect. But it would appear a lot of the people who have sexually harassed me, for not being willing; hang out there. So that is the primary reason i do not enter the Quicksand.

Well that does certainly happen in the quicksand... It's only a small amount of the RP that goes on. Much like real life, people often want things you aren't prepared to give. If someone essentially goes, "There must be sex/romance" then I just reject them IC. I've gone down so many exciting paths from people I've met in the quicksand, and although sometimes I rebuff their advances IC, people are generally cool about it, and we can move on from there in an RP.

When i have rejected IC or OOC, the people follow me around. They gather their FC friends, and all follow me around, making suggestive comments; and strutting around naked. Making mocking and inappropriate gestures. I have a ton of people reported for the same thing. Sadly, my rp experiences are few and not enjoyable. I've been here going on 2 months, and would still like to find at least one active partner. I suppose i have had the unfortunate luck, of running into the immature ones.

(02-11-2014, 05:44 PM)dragonspecpc Wrote: When i have rejected IC or OOC, the people follow me around. They gather their FC friends, and all follow me around, making suggestive comments; and strutting around naked. Making mocking and inappropriate gestures. I have a ton of people reported for the same thing. Sadly, my rp experiences are few and not enjoyable. I've been here going on 2 months, and would still like to find at least one active partner. I suppose i have had the unfortunate luck, of running into the immature ones.

Wow... that sounds really bad. I've honestly never seen anything like that in the quicksand. You should message me in game some time, I play a sultansworn, and often help newcomers to the city. I'm sure I can introduce you IC to some cool peoples who will respect your boundaries.

RE: Looking for more RP - Whittledown - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 05:44 PM)dragonspecpc Wrote: When i have rejected IC or OOC, the people follow me around. They gather their FC friends, and all follow me around, making suggestive comments; and strutting around naked. Making mocking and inappropriate gestures. I have a ton of people reported for the same thing. Sadly, my rp experiences are few and not enjoyable. I've been here going on 2 months, and would still like to find at least one active partner. I suppose i have had the unfortunate luck, of running into the immature ones.

This is the first I have ever heard of anything quite like this. Remarkable. I think that perhaps the people you ran into aren't RPers at all but are just trolls.

Yeah. I was told the community here was great. Granted it isn't as bad as WoW, but the immaturity is similar. It gets pretty depressing, only having these sorts of experiences. The people that haven't come on  to my character, are usually the ones that haven't even acknowledged posts. I had the same problem in all of my MMO's. People tend to ignore those who aren't part of their FC/guild/niche. But i was hoping for better. I don't like drama, and i dislike having almost a full black list, and a nearly empty friends list. The only rp i've had, is AT the Grindstone. When i try to approach people I've fought, or were in the audience; on any other day. It goes neglected. So at this point, saturday are my only rp days. The other 6 days of the week, i either level out of boredom, which is a last resort. Stand around trying to recruit, or sit in the Drowning Wench. After a few days, i just don't even bother logging in. I've started taking breaks, to play other games. Since Rp is the only thing tying my interest to FFXIV, i have no reason to play avidly; without it.

RE: Looking for more RP - Kage - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 05:50 PM)Whittledown Wrote:

This is the first I have ever heard of anything quite like this.  Remarkable.  I think that perhaps the people you ran into aren't RPers at all but are just trolls.
It sounds like a certain FC is griefing people. I've never run into this and I've been in Ul'dah for maybe 2 weeks now working on getting RPs. Not getting RPs is more my fault than others, but I've never run into anything remotely like this but except for people trolling a friend.

Edit: On reporting note, have you reported to the FC heads about this? If you look up those you blacklisted you could find the FC and those who might be in charge. Maybe their head doesn't approve. I'd also report them for harassment too with Square Enix.

Though I'm not sure what you mean by recruit. Are you trying to recruit people for your particular LS or FC? Or just to get into RP in general. I've never really had a problem when sitting and then doing some emoting in the Quicksand about drinking my worries away a bit and if people are bored or interested they'd come up. Other times people are already involved in their own RP and cannot just break away from it.

RE: Looking for more RP - Olofantur - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 05:53 PM)ExKage Wrote: It sounds like a certain FC is griefing people. I've never run into this and I've been in Ul'dah for maybe 2 weeks now working on getting RPs. Not getting RPs is more my fault than others, but I've never run into anything remotely like this but except for people trolling a friend.

I'd be very interested in finding out if they have a posting here.

Perhaps getting times of day [server time] that these things have happened and around where to keep an eye out... I've not encountered anything along the lines, but then I keep to myself unless i'm strutting around the the lalaland linkshell on my alt..

Edit: Oh and if anyone needs some one familiar with Thanalan IC, or some one who meanders around the ruins/Ossuary, or if you just want to throw darts at a board feel free to wave me down in game, twelve knows i'm usually just bustling about on errands.

RE: Looking for more RP - Smiling River - 02-11-2014

Feel free to add me, if you're looking for some RP! I'll probably be mingling in and around Ul'dah for a while Smile